Ayr United Vs. Greenock Morton

When I saw the team I fully expected we'd be crumbling to a meek 2 or 3-0 defeat, but the back three has made this much better than expected. Broadfoot and Power have been the obvious weaknesses in the team and this gives them both more protection than they get with a back four, although I still think having Broadfoot on the right of the back three rather than in the middle makes our right hand side a very obvious place to target. Wilson and Waters have both been excellent as wing backs.

For all that we've looked entirely comfortable defensively and have been the better team, we've created very little from open play and look dependent on a set-piece for a goal.

8 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Starts handing out cards like confetti then doesn't book Waters for the most cynical foul of the day, some laugh.

No subs yet is wild.

Agreed.  Referee initially has been too lenient and as the game has gone on has been really inconsistent.

4 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

Get in there! Looked much more of a threat as the game crept on, I’d say that’s deserved. 

You were much better in the first half, I thought. 

Our home form is absolutely appalling. We're at home playing a team bang out of form and our best players are the keeper and Stanger. The front four never got going, and the game just passed Senga by. Can we just play every game away? It's just embarrassing at this point. 

We didn't deserve anything from today. Fair play to Morton, they stuck in and got a deserved winner. 

That was back to the same old for large parts. We need to be better on Tuesday or Partick will run right over the top of us.