Ayr United Vs. Greenock Morton

Ayr have won three out of the last four and have put in decent displays of football which are night and day compared to the start of the season. 

Morton, who after winning the championship on day one of the season look like they peaked too early and have not won a game since. 

Ayr will go in to this game with their dander up and look to make it three wins in a row, Morton will be looking to claw some points back towards the teams in the middle section of the table.
With a bit of context, Morton have lost the same amount of games as Ayr this season and Ayr have conceded more goals in the first quarter. 

This has all the makings of an Ayr victory, if it was away from home.

Ayr United 2 - Greenock Morton 3

Hopefully can actually put in a decent performance at home for once rather than utter pish, difference between home and away performances is like a different team 

Will see the whole frame of the stand pretty much finished too i'd imagine which will be some impressive progress since the last home game

4 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Hopefully can actually put in a decent performance at home for once rather than utter pish, difference between home and away performances is like a different team 

Should have just closed the stadium for construction and played all games away from home IMO.

With us being at home I can see us making hard work of this. But given the recent performances we've put in and the fact that Morton have been struggling recently, we really should be looking to pick up the 3 points and make up for the opening day defeat.

Note to any Morton fans who are unaware, due to the mess at Ayr station the train will only get you as far as Prestwick Town just now, so plan accordingly. Some decent boozers in Prestwick and only 5/10 minutes by taxi down to the ground.

Let's hope we can get the home form sorted with this one and put in a decent performance to boot. More of the same from the Dunfermline game and we'll be fine.

My prediction - Ayr 3 - Morton 1

McKenzie to score a brace and knee slide in front of the SRE with a finger over his lips.

7 minutes ago, AuAl said:

That the one formerly known as The Burns Supper? Can't mind what it's called now.

Me neither tbh. Me and a few pals took a late taxi out there after a night on the swally in Ayr just as a ‘badge of honour’ venture,  but the council had just shut it down. I think it was the time when someone contracted Ebola or something similar 🤢

Quick edit - the game gives me the fear given our current injury list, but Somerset’s always a cracking away day and just up the road for me. 

Edited by Chippyminton

3 hours ago, AuAl said:

Note to any Morton fans who are unaware, due to the mess at Ayr station the train will only get you as far as Prestwick Town just now, so plan accordingly. Some decent boozers in Prestwick and only 5/10 minutes by taxi down to the ground.

Think every person in the west coast of scotland will have heard by now given how much it has been talked about....

Probably be the same message for Morton fans coming back down on 9th March to Somerset lol

9 hours ago, Trogdor said:

Let's hope we can get the home form sorted with this one and put in a decent performance to boot. More of the same from the Dunfermline game and we'll be fine.

My prediction - Ayr 3 - Morton 1

McKenzie to score a brace and knee slide in front of the SRE with a finger over his lips.

All good until you mention a brace for McKenzie,  he'll get the odd goal but imo he and Bryden are not the answer

Fairly sure The Chippie Of Death was shut when I went by it the other month. Never gets past its first inspection anyway.

Top Tip for away fans: head up Heathfield Road instead, go to Guidi's before you jump on the bypass. 50% better traffic-wise, 150% better diarrhoea-wise.

Edited by Thumper

7 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Fairly sure The Chippie Of Death was shut when I went by it the other month. Never gets past its first inspection anyway.

Top Tip for away fans: head up Heathfield Road instead, go to Guidi's before you jump on the bypass. 50% better traffic-wise, 150% better diarrhoea-wise.

Nah it's still open, I live just down the road and still see other folk from roundabout in it. You'd think they'd know better but some folk will eat anything.