Ayr United Vs. Greenock Morton

I think it's very safe to say both sides' outlook on the season has drastically changed since the opening day...

Our injury build-up is still a worry and, of course, Ayr have home advantage.

Still deciding on wether to go to this one or not. I do like an away day down to Somerset, just not sure if I can bring myself up to likely suffering.

1-0 to Ayr.

Spoiler

I said 3-0 in the predictions thread but that's my prediction. This one's my more - generous - prediction.

5 hours ago, ClydeTon said:

I think it's very safe to say both sides' outlook on the season has drastically changed since the opening day...

Our injury build-up is still a worry and, of course, Ayr have home advantage.

Still deciding on wether to go to this one or not. I do like an away day down to Somerset, just not sure if I can bring myself up to likely suffering.

1-0 to Ayr.

Reveal hidden contents

I said 3-0 in the predictions thread but that's my prediction. This one's my more - generous - prediction.

3 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

We've been poor in the league. Also with the injuries we have and Imrie insisting on playing power in midfield it doesn't look like improving any time soon. I'd be content with a point here but don't hold much hope.

Aye very good. What’s your thoughts on The Burns Supper?

9 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Nah it's still open

Aye really? Are they still doing the battered human turd supper for £5? I'm pretty sure that's what I had.

Come to think of it now - it was no. 2 on the menu board.

Always reassuring to find a place where you get exactly what you order.

Anyways - looking forward to seeing you boys at Somerset on Saturday. It's going to be an arse-clencher.

Edited by Chippyminton

On 22/10/2023 at 20:02, Trogdor said:

Let's hope we can get the home form sorted with this one and put in a decent performance to boot. More of the same from the Dunfermline game and we'll be fine.

My prediction - Ayr 3 - Morton 1

McKenzie to score a brace and knee slide in front of the SRE with a finger over his lips.

I predict he'll try to put his finger over his lips but miss and poke himself in the eye. I also predict he won't score a brace.

6 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

I stopped outside it earlier at the lights, it's called the blue star now. It was empty of customers when I passed. My windows were rolled up so I should be ok. 

I've been to it a few times in the last couple of years. The guy that runs it now was chef at the Taj in Prestwick for about 20 years. Never had anything dodgy from them. No even their Indian menu gave me any adverse effects.

Think we go same team for Saturday.  Good to get a bit of consistency about us, especially in defence and midfield.  Be interesting to see if/when McGeady is back.  Going for 2-0, hopefully starting to create a strong core now and the usual suspects turning up an ddoing the business up the top end of the pitch.  Chalmers and Murphy to get the goals.

Barring some moments of individual magic from Muirhead, we're badly struggling for goals this season. We lack a capable out ball at times with Oakley still not fully match sharp and no Quitongo for at least another month, combine this with our defensive record and I'm not overly confident about this one. Hopefully we've been working on set piece routines to help drag us through games until we get our attackers back up to full speed. 

5 minutes ago, Morton Supporter said:

Any parking at the ground for away supporters?

Or should I park on the main road across from the racecourse?

Yes.

ETA there is a carpark just off Whitletts Road - turn left at the traffic lights after the Racecourse then you will see the car park on your right.

Edited by Richey Edwards