Dundee United v Arbroath

1 minute ago, TheRoundO said:

Quite an attacking lineup for Arbroath. I expected Dow for solidity but he’s not even on the bench so must be injured. Here we go then. All there United memory lane photos on the stream are pretty tedious…

You got a stream, or paying for a stream?  

7 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Don’t think they enjoy playing United.

We do not.  My take is that we're playing 2 players in wide positions who are basically strikers.  So Turan is a striker nominally playing wide, and Hylton can play wide, but he's also an all out attacker.  Normally we'd play one of them and have Dow on the other side to balance it out, but since he's not playing for whatever reason, I don't think we have much natural width, and our full backs were just being overwhelmed and didn't have any cover.  Dundee United were clearly targeting them, and were absolutely skinning them.

We've taken Steele (right back) off after 28 minutes, and I can see why.

Edited by ExiledLichtie

10 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

We do not.  My take is that we're playing 2 players in wide positions who are basically strikers.  So Turan is a striker nominally playing wide, and Hylton can play wide, but he's also an all out attacker.  Normally we'd play one of them and have Dow on the other side to balance it out, but since he's not playing for whatever reason, I don't think we have much natural width, and our full backs were just being overwhelmed and didn't have any cover.  Dundee United were clearly targeting them, and were absolutely skinning them.

We've taken Steele (right back) off after 28 minutes, and I can see why.

Starting with 3 strikers against a team that already smashed us 4-0 this season wasn’t the smartest move. 

I don't think we were ever winning this game even if we'd got everything right,  Dundee United are easily the best championship side I've seen in all our time in this league, and they absolutely have our number.   I think we tightened up after we took Steele off, but that 3rd goal looked like a bit of a weather induced howler and has killed the game stone dead.   Dundee United are just an excellent team though, they should never have been relegated.  

On another note, how are these numbers acceptable?  White numbers on the back of a white shirt?  WTF?

image.png.78a4ea189b0aa892854c1eafe1c8f2c8.png

2 minutes ago, TheRoundO said:

We’re 5-0 down. So you take off 2 strikers… and bring on 2 strikers? wtf

I don't think we were ever winning that game.  After the 28th minute sub, I don't think we've even been that bad.  Dundee United are just considerably better than us on every level.  So I don't think it matters what subs we make.  I've given up watching it.  Audio only, to save myself some pain.