St. Mirren vs St. Johnstone 28/10

1 minute ago, pozbaird said:

Generous to the visitors. I’d say they were the better team for only the first ten to fifteen minutes, max.

They were good at frustrating us for the first half an hour. Did they even trouble out goal in that period where they were 'on top'? I can't remember a meaningful save by Hemming whatsoever.

Have said it before but the parallels between up-for-sale St Mirren 2014-Tommy Craig-disinterested Gilmour board and up-for-sale St Johnstone 2023-Steven McLean-disinterested Brown family is striking. 

It required new ownership and a good managerial appointment (Jack Ross) to turn things round for us. There was 3-4 years of guff in the meantime.

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

They were good at frustrating us for the first half an hour. Did they even trouble out goal in that period where they were 'on top'? I can't remember a meaningful save by Hemming whatsoever.

Can’t remember Hemming being troubled at any time in the 90 minutes. A couple of crosses which he collected comfortably, a couple of scrappy shots blazed over. That was it. I did like the look of St Johnstone’s No13 though. His first appearance for them? Watching Sportscene, that was some nice skill just before he duffed his shot and went down with cramp. His wee flick to himself to set up the shot would have turned any defender inside out.

3 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

That was it. I did like the look of St Johnstone’s No13 though. His first appearance for them? 

Aye, hes a crock we signed on loan from Charlton whos been crocked since he joined. 

We'll be utterly reliant on him as Wrights out long term and nobody else can take a man on, so hopefully he miraculously remains uncrocked.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Aye, hes a crock we signed on loan from Charlton whos been crocked since he joined. 

We'll be utterly reliant on him as Wrights out long term and nobody else can take a man on, so hopefully he miraculously remains uncrocked.

Well, he did at least create a decent chance for himself, and caught the eye. We’ll take him and ‘do a Mandron’ on him. Turn him into a World Cup star, or at least an international… like half of our squad. 😜

4 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

The first half stats for goal attempts was 2-5 and corners 2-6. They weren't particularly good, but I thought they were better than us up to the goal.

Fair enough. St Johnstone really had five goal attempts in that first half and six corners? Fcuk me, and the kunts still couldn’t score a goal.

6 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Well, he did at least create a decent chance for himself, and caught the eye. We’ll take him and ‘do a Mandron’ on him. Turn him into a World Cup star, or at least an international… like half of our squad. 😜

Okay.

Christ.

Hearing/seeing MacLeans interview was worse than reading it in terms of having confidence in him.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Can't comment on the fourth goal as I was approaching the Kingston Bridge but the first three all chronic.

Centre back up taking a throw in at the corner flag (when none of the long throw options can even reach the six-yard box) then Brown can't deal with a ball forward.

Brown at the second is just criminal and he's cost us once again. How many games has he started this season cause he's cost us three of them. Don't give a toss how distraught he looked, absolutely basic mistakes.

Third goal again a centre back in a shit area taking a throw that jeopardises any shape we have.

The squad is full of crap but are being abominably managed as well. Another expensive mistake from Steve Brown. Get rid.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Christ.

Hearing/seeing MacLeans interview was worse than reading it in terms of having confidence in him.

I can’t see him keeping his job after that crazy post match interview. He should have kept his powder dry until he got in the dressing room. 
He’s flung a team already running on empty, under the bus. 

How in the name of f**k does he expect players to back him let alone want to play for him after that.

9 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

I can’t see him keeping his job after that crazy post match interview. He should have kept his powder dry until he got in the dressing room. 
He’s flung a team already running on empty, under the bus. 

How in the name of f**k does he expect players to back him let alone want to play for him after that.

Again.

This isnt the first interview like this from.

If you think it'll lead him to lose the dressing room, then he'll have lost it about 3 months ago.

I tend to believe that if mass fan opinion thinks something, then the players also will, so its hard to see how most of those in there arent thinking hes out of his depth.

Its a shame for him, and he shouldnt have been put in this situation, but its clear its not working and we seem to be going backwards again.

Special mention to the Flynnesta today. Not started any games and hardly used as a sub all season and he starts today and provides a solid professional performance. Difficult to fill Strain's shoes but he performed well in defence and attack. Great call by the manager. 

2 hours ago, Fife Saint said:

In any event, it's great to be part of the absolute zenith of any St Mirren fan's life of the last decade. Scant consolation but it may offer some comfort to some.

Offt. We knew things were bad and the Saintees were suffering but didn't think it was *this* painful. 

Glorious. 

8 hours ago, Buttocks Brown said:

You could see how inconsolable Brown was after his mistake for the 2nd goal. For McLean to then talk about players being ashamed of themselves and threatening never to pick them again...... there goes the dressing room. 3 year contract? St Johnstone are in a dire place.

I think that says as much about Brown’s shitebag nature as it does MacLean’s poor man management. For somebody who makes as many mistakes as he does, the way he shrinks after them is unbelievable. Like under 12s stuff. 

6 hours ago, NorthBank said:

Special mention to the Flynnesta today. Not started any games and hardly used as a sub all season and he starts today and provides a solid professional performance. Difficult to fill Strain's shoes but he performed well in defence and attack. Great call by the manager. 

Does he not have a habit of doing that against us?

Just caught MacLean's interview. It wasn't an easy listen. The old classic of giving it "I take full responsibility" before going on to blame the players.

Part of me feels a bit sorry for him. He came across terribly and hasn't helped himself at all. Clubs maybe have a duty to provide some sort of media training to inexperienced managers, it's possible St Johnstone do but it sounds like he needs some help with that.

17 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

Just caught MacLean's interview. It wasn't an easy listen. The old classic of giving it "I take full responsibility" before going on to blame the players.

This was his interview in the first game of the season, on July 15th, over 4 months and over 10 games ago.

Screenshot_20231029_064821_Chrome.thumb.jpg.97272279147166ef3665126a73778a8c.jpg

Edited by RandomGuy.