St. Mirren vs St. Johnstone 28/10

1 minute ago, CambieBud said:

Conflicted here. The fakes look doomed but I’d still prefer Livingston to got down and stay down forever 

2 teams can get relegated these days, tbf.

Better second half than first. St Johnstone look shocking at the back. 

After we got the first goal there was only one team winning this game. 

Stevie McLean is out of his depth. Having a go at our fans showed that. He is clueless. He won't last long in the job. 

Great 3 pts and the goal difference boosted. 

Good day at the office

18 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

First half an hour was poor. St. Johnstone were tight, compact and frustrating us and we didn't have much of an answer. Their gameplan was definitely looking like they wanted to sit in and then grab a goal late on.

Our goal just knocked them to f**k though. As soon as first went in it was never in doubt. St. Johnstone have nothing at all as an attacking threat.

I said the same to my mate as soon as that went in they looked totally broken. They hadn't been great, but they'd been competitive and reasonably solid up till then, and we'd been poor, then a goal out of nothing and there was only one winner from there. Second goal was a bad error, beautifully finished, but we coasted for a bit after that and they looked most like scoring in that wee period until the third goal, which was a peach, but probably came as a result of Saintees behaving like complete c***s over the fake injury and throw in. By the 4th they'd long chucked it.

3 minutes ago, GAD said:

, but we coasted for a bit after that and they looked most like scoring in that wee period until the third goal, which was a peach, but probably came as a result of Saintees behaving like complete c***s over the fake injury and throw in. By the 4th they'd long chucked it.

The third definitely felt like a 'f**k you' to Costelloe's nonsense.

6 minutes ago, GAD said:

I said the same to my mate as soon as that went in they looked totally broken. 

Regularly starting well, conceding, losing, then getting slaughtered by the manager will do that i guess.

Imagine how itll be when we begin to start games poorly.

To be fair to the St Johnstone fans they haven't been hiding how bad they have been but it's pretty stark to see them in the flesh.

They have the relegation mix of poor players and some absolute shitebags as well. The boy Costelloe is horrendous, one of those second rate academy players from down south that just add zero to your team. We had plenty during Stubbs short reign and the Tommy Craig era. 

Liam Gordon as well, meant to be a senior pro, absolute dug meat. 

Steven MacLean will be tainted with this squad, will never turn it round. 

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

The third definitely felt like a 'f**k you' to Costelloe's nonsense.

It was such a pointless bit of shithousery. It didn't wind anyone up in a good way, just made the opposition who'd been going through the motions step up a gear.

Well after an initial 20 odd minutes of stubborn resistance from the fakes, Keanu fires in a cracker and then there was only going to be one winner.

It’s just as well we weren’t on form or it could have been really embarrassing for the Perth mob.

Any team who don’t give the ball back after you put the ball out to allow an injured player attention deserve to lose, that was fucking shite behaviour.

So GIRUY :thumsup2

4 minutes ago, Stan Bo said:

This always goes well when a manager speaks like this!! 

Screenshot_20231028-180718.png

Hes literally said it most weeks since the very first League Cup game.

First half-an-hour was poor from both teams. Did provide me with a bit of a laugh though, as I had ‘Open All Mics’ on in one ear, as is my want at the fitba’. Willie Miller was at our game and had (rightly) been saying how poor a game it was. They go back to Willie ‘Anything happening at your game Willie?’…. ‘Nope. Nothing. Still a poor game. You know it’s a poor game when the only thing getting the home fans up is to boo when the opposition are trying to steal a few yards at a throw-i Ooooohhh what a goal!’ 😎

Also, note to St Mirren… find the mascot who predicted 4-0 and get them back next home game. 😀

23 minutes ago, GAD said:

I said the same to my mate as soon as that went in they looked totally broken. They hadn't been great, but they'd been competitive and reasonably solid up till then, and we'd been poor, then a goal out of nothing and there was only one winner from there. Second goal was a bad error, beautifully finished, but we coasted for a bit after that  

The story of our season. 

On 25/10/2023 at 19:22, Billy Jean King said:

I fly out on holiday on Saturday. I cant EVER remember us winning when a game has coincided with me being flying. Most recently the 0v1 against Dundee last season, a drubbing at either Tynecastle or Aberdeen (5V2 I think can't remember which), a league cup humping by Thistle and the Championship game at Ibrox when Thommo missed a pen. 

Ooooft. Sunbed on the balcony relaxing after an early flight. A few San Migs and an absolute stroll. Don't think I should come home.

1 minute ago, Molotov said:

*shrugs*

I accepted relegation was inevitable about 3 months ago, when we were losing to Stenhousemuir and Stirling were thumping us 4-0.

Thinking its going to wind me up at this stage is a waste of time tbh. Telling me graphs are shite is far more effective IMO.

3 minutes ago, Molotov said:
37 minutes ago, FrankChickens1 said:

Yeah I'm not a fan of these comments. 

Its obvious half our team shouldn't be playing for the club or at this level. Hardly good managment to be pointing it out in late October when they're part of your squad and you've picked them to play. Not rocket science. 

But we don't really have the squad to be jettisoning paid players just to, as you say, call them back like McGowan. 

PMaclean picked that team today. Could have gone with Olufanwa against one of the leagues more average teams yet goes with the 'known quantity' of Sunday league workhorse Brown. 

Or if Clark was one of the targets of the comments, who was the Manager that put him straight into the team after a year out to the humiliation of the three other strikers on the bench. 

My only reasons for not wanting him sacked now are the fact we won't find anyone else. Nothing positive about him. 

I think by the end of the season our 'goals For' column could be lower than the current record lowest 'Points' tally.