Hibernian v Celtic

24 minutes ago, Judy Murray said:

Thought we were decent. Well organised and miller was magic. 

I can't say I'd really noticed him till Hibs were playing in European qualifiers this season and was quite impressed by him. Wiki says he was there last season though did he not play much?

13 minutes ago, BillyAnchor said:

No injury time penalty? Everything ok back home, seems very unusual.

While the rest of his game needs a little improvement, Rocky has managed to work out how to brutally hospitalize Old Firm players in the penalty area without even any remote question of infringing any rules whatsoever. This is clearly a challenge for the SFA.

15 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I can't say I'd really noticed him till Hibs were playing in European qualifiers this season and was quite impressed by him. Wiki says he was there last season though did he not play much?

Chris Cadden was first choice right-back last season. 

A Celtic supporting friend of mine told me that there was further issues for them entering Easter Road today that resulted in a dangerous potential crush situation.

The set up is ridiculous for large away crowds where the large road is narrowed into single file lanes that cannot cope. The police on horses then try and bustle the fans along just exacerbating the issue.

I got laughed at on here for raising the issue last season but it seems to be quite a widespread complaint again today. It really needs to be looked at and the entry system adapted.

23 minutes ago, AJF said:

A Celtic supporting friend of mine told me that there was further issues for them entering Easter Road today that resulted in a dangerous potential crush situation.

The set up is ridiculous for large away crowds where the large road is narrowed into single file lanes that cannot cope. The police on horses then try and bustle the fans along just exacerbating the issue.

I got laughed at on here for raising the issue last season but it seems to be quite a widespread complaint again today. It really needs to be looked at and the entry system adapted.

This is very true, I saw it as I passed them.

Police held about a thousand back and then just let them all run forward with 15 mins to ko, with the inevitable result that they were all jostling each other trying to get in.

Very poor crowd control and it will only lead to a crush - standard police uselessness, eh?

However, Celtc fans dont help themselves - the away end was clearly over capacity (again) and its obvious they are doubling up the skinny guys to get 2 in on 1 ticket. 

Anyone doubting this should observe the lack of any visible walkways in that stand during the match.

1 hour ago, Aim Here said:

While the rest of his game needs a little improvement, Rocky has managed to work out how to brutally hospitalize Old Firm players in the penalty area without even any remote question of infringing any rules whatsoever. This is clearly a challenge for the SFA.

It will save them having to dive for " their " penalty.

A challenge indeed

16 minutes ago, Ewanandmoreagain said:

Whit ?

With your squad , budget   etc

I'm not sure how relevant that is to how tired a team is. 'Oh your tired there's a few extra grand that should sort it? ' Of course we have a big squad but replacing a load of  them with those who aren't as good and not match fit doesn't really work either. These aren't excuses btw just standard observations as I think we could be fitter anyway as we seemed to be blowing out our arses compared to Atletico after an hour during the week.

Edited by gannonball

12 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

I'd be very, very happy to have those 5 "not as good" Celtic subs in my starting team.........

Yes of course on paper the subs get in just about every other team in the league but 5 subs often disjoints a team especially when none of them are really match fit. Again we still should have played better regardless, too slow moving the ball about like we were in the latter stages on Wed but we were like that from the off today. 

8 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Yes of course on paper the subs get in just about every other team in the league but 5 subs often disjoints a team especially when none of them are really match fit. Again we still should have played better regardless, too slow moving the ball about like we were in the latter stages on Wed but we were like that from the off today. 

I know what you mean, but as I say - I'm in West Upper, and we were chatting about your guys warming up in the first half.......and all of us said " they could all make a difference in the 2nd half"...... thankfully they didn't !

2 hours ago, AJF said:

I'm presuming they won't be accepting tickets for the next game at Easter Road then.

4 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

I'm presuming they won't be accepting tickets for the next game at Easter Road then.

I don’t think that is really what should be the focus. The onus should be on the police/Hibs to improve matters

2 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Does this away crowd crushing happen when Hearts are the visitors?

Apparently so. There has been tweets from Hearts fans in response to the issues today saying they have experienced similar.

7 minutes ago, AJF said:

I seen a tweet earlier saying that Celtic had over £10m worth of signings they brought in this summer that are all fit and never got a minute today. Shows how far behind the rest of us are.

I think this is possibly a bit misleading the two defenders haven't long been back in training and Scales has barely put a foot wrong to lose his place. The rest are 'project' players like Kwon who was playing in the South Korean second division and Tillio from the Australian league who's been out for months and again not long back in training. Again it's still a mind blowing sum for those outwith ourselves but I think the main criticism from fans is that we strengthened our squad last summer but not really the first XI.  As per though we ran up a decent surplus but let's not get in to that again :lol: