Hibernian v Celtic

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

Yes I have seen Hearts fans giving their experiences on twitter over it today, even that golf roaster Ewan Murray agreeing, nice try though.

I was simply asking a question. Very defensive attitude. I’m sorry you were caught up in this today as I assume you were there today to unfortunately experience this. 
Having been in significant crowd crushes at games in Scotland, England and Europe I know from experience how often it is down to poor police/stewarding and lack of crowd management. 
This has happened at Parkhead and Hampden also in recent years so it’s not just an issue at Hibs. 

3 hours ago, gannonball said:

I'm not sure how relevant that is to how tired a team is. 'Oh your tired there's a few extra grand that should sort it? ' Of course we have a big squad but replacing a load of  them with those who aren't as good and not match fit doesn't really work either. These aren't excuses btw just standard observations as I think we could be fitter anyway as we seemed to be blowing out our arses compared to Atletico after an hour during the week.

But it should work /  the replacements should be as good !

2 hours ago, Leith Green said:

It's got f**k all to do with Hibs if the police kettle fans ahead of the entry.

The same thing happens when we go to Tynecastle.

I think it would be naive to suggest that Hibs have no say in how away fans enter their stadium and they will likely liaise with the police on how they’d like that to happen. I could be completely wrong though, and if so, it’s entirely a matter that Police Scotland need to look at because it’s the worst ground I’ve experienced trying to get into.

Edited by AJF

32 minutes ago, AJF said:

I think it would be naive to suggest that Hibs have no say in how away fans enter their stadium and they will likely liaise with the police on how they’d like that to happen. I could be completely wrong though, and if so, it’s entirely a matter that Police Scotland need to look at because it’s the worst ground I’ve experienced trying to get into.

Have you been to Tynecastle? Would say that's far worse with it's 6 turnstiles. 

5 hours ago, Molotov said:

Does this away crowd crushing happen when Hearts are the visitors?

To be fair, I've experienced that pretty much every time I've been at Easter Road in the past decade. Not the only place where it happens by any means, but it is a problem.

6 hours ago, AJF said:

How fans are controlled and segregated outside the stadium is entirely within the control of the police. They determine how these things happen and have a plan for each type of match.

e.g -  After every Cat A match, the gates from the West Stand to Albion Road are closed and a huge barrier is erected at Albion Road/Albion place junction - both of these are in place for ~25 mins to allow away fans to disperse..........and massively inconvenience thousands of Hibs fans (me included).  

Hibs have no say in this (Hibs dont want it to happen, as Hibs get our fans complaints), other than that Police Scotland brief the stewards and then tell the stewards when the gates are to be opened.

Similarly, for away fans arriving - the police determine how they will deal with the crowd including horse control etc.

I have been on the receiving end of kettling and awful police crowd control and most ordinary fans caught up in this have my sympathies.

As a final point it needs to be said that some fans - particularly Celtic - have a history of arriving late with forged tickets or no tickets and looking to double up at the gates. I understand there was an incident at Motherwell recently where they tried to force open emergency exits.

Some of our fellow fans can be incredibly stupid and that inevitably impacts the rest of us.

3 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

I understand there was an incident at Motherwell recently where they tried to force open emergency exits.

Not true. They were only checking that the doors were operating correctly. Celtic fans only have everyone else's welfare at heart.

13 hours ago, gannonball said:

Yes of course on paper the subs get in just about every other team in the league but 5 subs often disjoints a team especially when none of them are really match fit. Again we still should have played better regardless, too slow moving the ball about like we were in the latter stages on Wed but we were like that from the off today. 

13 hours ago, Leith Green said:

I know what you mean, but as I say - I'm in West Upper, and we were chatting about your guys warming up in the first half.......and all of us said " they could all make a difference in the 2nd half"...... thankfully they didn't !

Celtic could've started with the 11 that finished the game and gave some of the players a rest from Wednesday,Credit goes to Hibs for limiting Celtic's chances in the game,there is a few wee factors in here with the away games we've played from the start of the season.
It's too easy to say the subs didn't make a difference plus Celtic play about 15 more games than most teams in the SPFL in the same time frame,Hence why we need a bigger squad.

6 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Have you been to Tynecastle? Would say that's far worse with it's 6 turnstiles. 

But it’s not really an issue with the turnstiles themselves, it’s the funnelling and checkpoints causing a crush before you even get to them.

3 hours ago, Leith Green said:

How fans are controlled and segregated outside the stadium is entirely within the control of the police. They determine how these things happen and have a plan for each type of match.

e.g -  After every Cat A match, the gates from the West Stand to Albion Road are closed and a huge barrier is erected at Albion Road/Albion place junction - both of these are in place for ~25 mins to allow away fans to disperse..........and massively inconvenience thousands of Hibs fans (me included).  

Hibs have no say in this (Hibs dont want it to happen, as Hibs get our fans complaints), other than that Police Scotland brief the stewards and then tell the stewards when the gates are to be opened.

Similarly, for away fans arriving - the police determine how they will deal with the crowd including horse control etc.

I have been on the receiving end of kettling and awful police crowd control and most ordinary fans caught up in this have my sympathies.

As a final point it needs to be said that some fans - particularly Celtic - have a history of arriving late with forged tickets or no tickets and looking to double up at the gates. I understand there was an incident at Motherwell recently where they tried to force open emergency exits.

Some of our fellow fans can be incredibly stupid and that inevitably impacts the rest of us.

Fair enough then. Apologies, I’ve maybe wrongly assumed that Hibs have a say in the matter after we were consulted by Rangers last season following the game at Easter Road where they advised they’d be raising the feedback with the Police and Hibs.

6 minutes ago, Zing. said:

This is quite the read. Seething mess throughout with a few complete lies chucked in for good measure. Total moon howlers.

Fan media at its best.

I particularly enjoyed that he stated we had cut Celtics allocation..............

What a complete roaster.

6 minutes ago, Zing. said:

This is quite the read. Seething mess throughout with a few complete lies chucked in for good measure. Total moon howlers.

Yes think we will all see more of this sort of stuff appearing shortly after dropping 2 points to Hibs, and with the title contenders up next and a bit of a resurgence coming out of Castle Grayskull,  We can also expect a big increase in the conspiracy theories,

On Wednesday we need to keep a close eye on Kyogo and double up on the VAR team