St Johnstone's Next Permanent Manager 23/24

Who will be St Johnstone's next permanent manager?  

261 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

I'm in total agreement with the whole 'role model' argument. If David Martindale is appointed as our new manager, I'm sure that our young, impressionable supporters will immediately start looking into the possibility of becoming a drug kingpin. 

This. All the pearl clutching over his past needs to get in the sea now. Can probably send yer Da's jokes about him dealing there as well.

9 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

I'm in total agreement with the whole 'role model' argument. If David Martindale is appointed as our new manager, I'm sure that our young, impressionable supporters will immediately start looking into the possibility of becoming a drug kingpin. 

Seems like the first step of getting into football management. Become a drug dealer, get caught and put in jail, do a degree, and then work at a football club as a jack of all trades, work your way up into coaching, then eventually become a manager.

Or just skip the whole drug dealing and going to jail part, but that may be the character building key to it all.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

13 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Could harvest your own also.   Davie to make Perth great again. 

3 hours ago, Theyellowbox said:

Video of the question being asked:

If and it is a big if, Martindale was approached, he will seek assurances. Talks here about continuity. 

This was a man for whom I really hadn't got a lot of time, due mainly to all of the negative sh*t about him that I read online, however ......my bad.......... because having listened to the man speaking about a variety of subjects/people, I have revised my opinion and concluded that I was clearly in the wrong, he comes across as a salt of the earth type guy, not the most eloquent speaker perhaps, but no dummy either and for sure he knows about fitba, so my apologies Mr Martindale.

16 minutes ago, jaybeee said:

This was a man for whom I really hadn't got a lot of time, due mainly to all of the negative sh*t about him that I read online, however ......my bad.......... because having listened to the man speaking about a variety of subjects/people, I have revised my opinion and concluded that I was clearly in the wrong, he comes across as a salt of the earth type guy, not the most eloquent speaker perhaps, but no dummy either and for sure he knows about fitba, so my apologies Mr Martindale.

I'd agree with this. I think my view of him changed af the time he became Livi manager and had to be assessed as being a fit and proper person for the role. At the time, he was very open and honest about his past, took responsibility and showed remorse. 

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

This. All the pearl clutching over his past needs to get in the sea now. Can probably send yer Da's jokes about him dealing there as well.

His past is immaterial IMO.

There is however a legitimate concern that he's only ever managed at one club and to me that's a big risk given the task at hand. No issue with DM being given the gig at the end of a season with time to bed in, get to know the club setup etc. Someone with more breadth on the CV should be a bit more adaptable and more of a track record to judge what type of club they tend to do better in.

Just can't get on the Martindale train.

Reserve the right to change my mind when we're in Europe next year with wee Davie in the dugout of course.

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Wasn't that about 25 years ago? 

I'd say that it bears absolutely no relevance at this time.

Unless Martindale was (allegedly) O'Boyle's dealer at the time?

Out of interest was Martindale in charge of the laundry at Livi? 

Edited by Alert Mongoose

3 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Does Martindale live in Livi? I suppose if he doesn't want to move house (and won't get either the OF or Edinburgh jobs) then it's probably us, then St Johnstone in terms of bigger clubs that would suit his commute.

Edinburgh, I think.