Raith Rovers v Airdrie Utd

Disappointing not to win when we've had the lead and a missed opportunity to keep the heat on Dundee United, but we've had a very good week of football. 7 from 9 is good going, expecially with so many players out injured. We're asking a lot of the squad at the moment. 

That was a struggle today. The small squad is starting to hurt us with little to really change the game and out of form players having no one to push them. 

I'm yet to see what Josh Mullin brings to the side on the wing, offered nothing again, watching Liam Dick hit it over the top to Mullin to jog onto slowly is painful. 

Airdrie played the ball around really well, knew what they were trying to do at all times, total contrast to us at times. 

Hope the Hancock lad is ok. 

Possibly a case of too many boys running on empty, but also a case of facing a decent Airdrie team, who try to play the right way.

Frustrating to lose such a cheap goal, but Airdrie could have scored with any other of the decent openings they created.

Overall, a good, clean game - one booking for kicking the ball away tells a story.

Hope the Airdrie boy who was stretchered off is okay.

Can’t really argue with a draw. Thought we were the better team after Easton came on and had Airdrie mostly penned in but they still came incredibly close to winning it through Gallagher. And they were the better side the first hour.

Thought Airdrie were one of the best teams we’ve played. Really good on the ball and always carried a threat, although they did notably change and look to be happy with a draw with 15-20 minutes to go. No complaints with the time wasting from an Airdrie perspective it’s what clever teams do but feel like there should have been more added time from the ref. Doubt it would have made any difference though.

For us, 7 points from 9 is a good return for the week but it’s a bit frustrating not to pick up 3 points at home. I think the fact Dundee United also dropped points adds to that frustration rather than lessening it (ultimately we’re not finishing ahead of them anyway but the longer we can stay in touch the better).

Not sure on the late double sub from Murray. I get trying to bring Brown’s drive into midfield and McGill did combine well with Stanton to create Easton’s late chance. However, when you need a late goal, regardless of how they’re playing, I’d rather have Vaughan and Connolly on the pitch than McGill and Masson.

3 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

Can’t really argue with a draw. Thought we were the better team after Easton came on and had Airdrie mostly penned in but they still came incredibly close to winning it through Gallagher. And they were the better side the first hour.

Thought Airdrie were one of the best teams we’ve played. Really good on the ball and always carried a threat, although they did notably change and look to be happy with a draw with 15-20 minutes to go. No complaints with the time wasting from an Airdrie perspective it’s what clever teams do but feel like there should have been more added time from the ref. Doubt it would have made any difference though.

For us, 7 points from 9 is a good return for the week but it’s a bit frustrating not to pick up 3 points at home. I think the fact Dundee United also dropped points adds to that frustration rather than lessening it (ultimately we’re not finishing ahead of them anyway but the longer we can stay in touch the better).

Not sure on the late double sub from Murray. I get trying to bring Brown’s drive into midfield and McGill did combine well with Stanton to create Easton’s late chance. However, when you need a late goal, regardless of how they’re playing, I’d rather have Vaughan and Connolly on the pitch than McGill and Masson.

To be fair, Vaughan ran himself into the ground last Saturday, and again on Tuesday, and Connolly is gradually working his way back from injury.

Just now, Specky Ginger said:

To be fair, Vaughan ran himself into the ground last Saturday, and again on Tuesday, and Connolly is gradually working his way back from injury.

Yeah like I said I get the reasoning for it, I just thought we lost a bit after they went off. Also, neither player looked too happy about it, so they could have managed to finish the game. I think they would both have offered more late on than their replacements but it’s a minor gripe.

Good point which we.needed,  if we were on decent form probably would be disappointed with only one point though,  Raith are a pleasing team on the eye, always a good day out and.not long finished the fish tea in burntisland tbh..

How do you guys think Dylan Easton is doing on the championship, he had god like status the season we had him in League 1, seen him a few times and probably like Frizzell in our side , he seems to lack a yard,    The step up to.the championship is much bigger than most realise.