Raith Rovers v Airdrie Utd

Airdrie arrive looking to end a winless run while we’re looking for a wee bit of revenge after our only loss in the reverse fixture.  Expect a competitive game as Airdrie will no doubt be out to prove a point to their ex players and former manager. Hopefully Easton will be fully fit for this one and it’s great to see Connolly back in the starting 11.  We need to win this just to try and keep the pressure on Dundee Utd and we’ll definitely need a better performance than we put in last fixture at Airdrie where I thought we were poor and deserved the 1-0.  Looking like honking weather still so wrap up warm and grab a pie and Bovril for this one. 

4 hours ago, TxRover said:

Millen is at least semi-competently covered by Masson or McGill, which lets us retain our shape for the match of he’s out. It would, however, leave us with Hannah as the sole defender on the bench (or perhaps with a Millen we want to rest riding the pine next to him) if we use Masson. There’s various thoughts on if Masson was partially to blame for the Airdrie goal due to an advanced challenge, and IM said as much in the post-match interview, so I’d expect Dick to move to CB is we need Brown in the middle instead of at CB, or to replace Murray or Brown if something happens. Before that would have almost demanded McGill be on the bench, but with Hannah now there, raw as he is, McGill is in the mix. Of course, McGill’s anonymous nature in the Pars game likely will also colour IM’s choices…so I’d expect a repeat of yesterdays lineup unless compelled otherwise,

Even if Masson was a little partial to blame, the lads is learning from those experiences,  if hes needed he plays, I'd rather have him in there than a player playing out of position in yet another position yet again lol

5 hours ago, wellyboot said:

The young big lad Hannah deserves a chance and it being a home game with a decent crowd behind him may help. 

Easton back will be a boost but what is happening with Gullan and Hamilton?

Gullan, groin…Hamilton, calf…those were the reports. Hamilton hopefully back for Accies…Gullan unknown. Hannah deserves some end of the match time, but we’ve not been in that situation recently…Masson deserves real playing time, but IM doesn’t follow what he says a lot and keeps a very tight squad playing.

A binfire-less thread again 🙌.

Aloha residents of Kirkcaldy. Me and the daughters coming through for this one, but I'm really, really not confident. Every team in the league stringing together a few results have made changes in shape or brought one or two into the starting lineup, we seem to be playing the same game every week, even when it's clearly not working. I've been looking at the squad the last few weeks saying "who's coming into the team to really change it up" and I just can't see where it's coming from. Telfers came back into the team and been 'alright', frizz is off the boil imo, Aitken's forms took a bit of a dip and now an injury, McGregors dipped aswell from being average to non existent. Doesn't usually grate on me as much but it's definitely playing at the back of my mind.

Raith will be right up for this and the last game could certainly be put down to a bad day at the office coupled with us playing some decent stuff. You don't challenge for a championship by not being competent. I expect with the backing of a decent crowd we might be under the cosh a bit but I'll happily be proved wrong.

Tickets bought today and I expect another away struggle: as others have posted we've chopped and changed players recently and still stuck to the McCabe ways and failed to win. Can't imagine Raith will be as uninspiring as they were in the last game. It would still be good to get another one over Mr Murray, although I don't feel irritated by the ex players, and given the weather advice I'll be prepared.

I don't think we were that far off it against Airdrie last time - had it finished 0-0 or 1-1 I don't think anyone would've felt particularly robbed. Airdrie took their chance well, and played very effectively to nullify us which a lot of teams had failed to do. We're missing a lot of bodies, but our home form is good and both teams have played midweek. I'm confident we'll get a good result this weekend. 

13 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

I don't think we were that far off it against Airdrie last time - had it finished 0-0 or 1-1 I don't think anyone would've felt particularly robbed. Airdrie took their chance well, and played very effectively to nullify us which a lot of teams had failed to do. We're missing a lot of bodies, but our home form is good and both teams have played midweek. I'm confident we'll get a good result this weekend. 

I thought for a minute you had the score as 1-11 .

On 02/11/2023 at 17:55, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

A binfire-less thread again 🙌.

Aloha residents of Kirkcaldy. Me and the daughters coming through for this one, but I'm really, really not confident. Every team in the league stringing together a few results have made changes in shape or brought one or two into the starting lineup, we seem to be playing the same game every week, even when it's clearly not working. I've been looking at the squad the last few weeks saying "who's coming into the team to really change it up" and I just can't see where it's coming from. Telfers came back into the team and been 'alright', frizz is off the boil imo, Aitken's forms took a bit of a dip and now an injury, McGregors dipped aswell from being average to non existent. Doesn't usually grate on me as much but it's definitely playing at the back of my mind.

Raith will be right up for this and the last game could certainly be put down to a bad day at the office coupled with us playing some decent stuff. You don't challenge for a championship by not being competent. I expect with the backing of a decent crowd we might be under the cosh a bit but I'll happily be proved wrong.

If I happen to see you I'll say hello. One of the good guys on here.

3 minutes ago, Diamonds02 said:

Absolutely no idea what Rhys has went for here but at least he’s changing it up

Don’t complain as most fans complain we only have 1 way of playing. Looks like a very attacking Raith against the most defensive Airdrie side Rhys has ever put out. Looks like a 5-4-1 for us.

10 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

Don’t complain as most fans complain we only have 1 way of playing. Looks like a very attacking Raith against the most defensive Airdrie side Rhys has ever put out. Looks like a 5-4-1 for us.

Presuming that’s what it is, a back five with McCabe and McMaster sitting is literally the most defensive team we could have put out with this squad. Not a lot of runners around Todorov either, so we’ll see how that goes.

49 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

Yeah I agree I’m genuinely intrigued to see how it goes. It’s definitely a positive thing that he’s seen it’s not working and is trying something new.

32 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Our injury situation is a joke. IM stated Watson would be out a couple of weeks, Corr has disappeared. Some were due back on the pitch at the start of this week yet our bench is even weaker.

Corr back I  training next week per RaithTV, Watson right behind, Hamilton confirmed as expected for Accies…