Kilmarnock v Motherwell

33 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

Thought we were good today. Effective. Probably a classic McInnes side. Decent balls up to a big strong guy, good wing play, some really solid defensive performances. Thought we conceded a few good chances, but overall Findlay and Deas were excellent. 

Dennis was superb when called upon. Has his critics but came and collected stuff well, wasted time like a seasoned pro, and saved the 3 points when McGinn got through on goal. 

I was thinking about Dennis during the game and he’s done really well, won over the doubters and really feels like a safe pair of hands. Love how well he copes with balls back to him under pressure. Definitely our number 1 and it feels like he is gaining confidence from the defence and vice versa.

1 hour ago, Squalor Vic said:

That's the worst team I've seen at Rugby Park this season. Worrying times if you're a Motherwell fan I'd say. We should have made that far more comfortable 

Rangers, Celtic, Livingstone and Aberdeen were all poor too. Maybe Killie are just good [at home].

23 minutes ago, kilMARKnock said:

That was simply a bad game of football. 

I didnt think it was the worst Id seen at Rugby Park since the plastic went down, but we didnt help with playing the long ball game for large parts. I thought it was somewhat ironic that we were actually more effective when we got the ball down and played. More so when Slattery came on. I thought Killie looked most effective down the left side with Deas and Kennedy pairing up well, although I do like Armstrong. He is a real pain in the arse and doesnt give you a minutes peace. A game of fine margins, but one Killie ultimately deserved to win.

Edited by joewarkfanclub

11 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

I didnt think it was the worst Id seen at Rugby Park since the plastic went down, but we didnt help with playing the long ball game for large parts. I thought it was somewhat ironic that we were actually more effective when we got the ball down and played. More so when Slattery came on. I thought Killie looked most effective down the left side with Deas and Kennedy pairing up well, although I do like Armstrong. He is a real pain in the arse and doesnt give you a minutes peace. A game of fine margins, but one Killie ultimately deserved to win.

Fine margins indeed - McGinn really should have scored, and I doubt we would have got a second.

I felt that Motherwell (or Kettlewell, at least), set up for a nil-nil, but had to play once we scored. I thought 'Well were much better after we scored, and wondered why they didn't play that way from the start. I accept I may have viewed the last half hour through the fatalistic eyes of a fitba fan that expects us to lose a late goal.

My nephew actually enjoyed his first game which was a bonus but I think he enjoyed watching the Killie mascot more than the game. 

I did feel we were better off the ball than recently but nowhere near as good as Killie were and Killie also killed us on transitions. Lots of times us losing the ball around Killie’s box led to them having a shot at the other end. We never seemed to have any space on the ball but they did often. 

That formation was a total clusterfuck. Spittal and Paton wouldn’t work in any midfield two never mind together. Wilkinson and Bair are also never going to work as wingers. Too often Casey and Blaney had no options to pass to and we just ended up hoofing the ball. Killie hoofed the ball more often too but the difference was they were set up to win the second balls which they did the majority of the game. 
Kettlewell must really not fancy Davor as he didn’t even come on.

I think we had 4 chances that whole game. Bair at the start, Wilkinson just wide from range, Mika volley just before half time and McGinn’s driving run and tame shot.

I thought the referee was totally inconsistent yesterday. Gave lots of really soft fouls and then waves play on for some of the more robust challenges. The one where McGinn got wiped out near the end and he didn’t even give a free kick never mind a yellow card was bizarre. 

Also Brodie Spencer has been absolutely rotten off the ball and on the ball the last three times I’ve seen us. Couldn’t believe people were giving him pass marks vs County. Looked like he didn’t want a pass today. 

Edited by Gianfranco

24 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

Also Brodie Spencer has been absolutely rotten off the ball and on the ball the last three times I’ve seen us. Couldn’t believe people were giving him pass marks vs County. Looked like he didn’t want a pass today. 

I imagine the poor lads confidence has taken a fair battering from being constantly played out of position. 

We were absolutely crying out for some pace and width(again). I genuinely burst out laughing when McGinn had to go off with 10 mins to go and rather than put on Gent or Ross, he chucked on SODS. 

16 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

I was thinking about Dennis during the game and he’s done really well, won over the doubters and really feels like a safe pair of hands. Love how well he copes with balls back to him under pressure. Definitely our number 1 and it feels like he is gaining confidence from the defence and vice versa.

I think he’s proven me wrong overall, but I did feel he was a bit slow to come out and collect from his line yesterday. He was strong in the air though.

I don’t think enough was made about Watkins’ absence when he had that slump. Fast becoming my favourite player. 

4 hours ago, Gianfranco said:

I thought the referee was totally inconsistent yesterday. Gave lots of really soft fouls and then waves play on for some of the more robust challenges. The one where McGinn got wiped out near the end and he didn’t even give a free kick never mind a yellow card was bizarre. 

If it's the one i'm thinking of Lyons took out one of your players and the referee played the advantage for you. 

Once the ball went dead at the other end, at least a minute later he did book Lyons - deservedly so. 

3 minutes ago, paul wright scores said:

If it's the one i'm thinking of Lyons took out one of your players and the referee played the advantage for you. 

Once the ball went dead at the other end, at least a minute later he did book Lyons - deservedly so. 

No it was the one where McGinn got his cheekbone broken. It was a challenge in the air from a Kelly punt where the Killie player was simply late. It was incredible he didn’t give a freekick. I’ve no idea why McGinn was out on the left wing at that point. 

1 hour ago, Busta Nut said:

It's a bugbear of mine but late challenges with the head often go unpunished (I can't recall this McGinn incident so this isn't particularly specific to this)

It was just outside the left corner of the box as we attacked, McGinn leapt higher and nodded the ball towards the goal then got his face caved in by the defender.

3 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

It's a bugbear of mine but late challenges with the head often go unpunished (I can't recall this McGinn incident so this isn't particularly specific to this)

I agree. I couldn't see the McGinn one due to the pillars in the Frank Beattie but there were a couple of similar late aerial challenges on Killie players. I thought the same, if those challenges are on the deck they're bookings all day long. Obviously the one on McGinn has done some damage so the player is endangered.

21 hours ago, Gianfranco said:

No it was the one where McGinn got his cheekbone broken. It was a challenge in the air from a Kelly punt where the Killie player was simply late. It was incredible he didn’t give a freekick. I’ve no idea why McGinn was out on the left wing at that point. 

Fair enough.  I don't have a great memory of this incident and didn't see it clearly as it was on the other side from where i sit.   I didn't even know he had a broken cheekbone until you mentioned it.