Falkirk v Edinburgh City

7 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

Long was injured that's why he lost his place initially, McGlynn probably feels some sort of loyalty to Hogarth considering he's our keeper not a loanee but I agree I think Long should be back in, he's the better keeper out the two imo. But the 3 points were the most important thing and crucially we got them on a day when Hamilton have obliterated Stirling and our goal difference 

Normally I would play our own player over a loanee every time but a) the goalkeeper is a unique position and b) this season is just too important.

McGlynn has to make a hard-nosed footballing decision, no room for any sentimentality, Long has to be between the sticks for the rest of the season.

Echo the comments on the goalkeeper. If you have 2 who look just about equal then you have to punish mistakes by swapping them. Long back in for me. 

Also echo the comment re Morrison. Loads of good crosses in the first half then we seemed to totally abandon the right hand side in the second. 

Second goal is even more sexy than it looked live. 

9 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Normally I would play our own player over a loanee every time but a) the goalkeeper is a unique position and b) this season is just too important.

McGlynn has to make a hard-nosed footballing decision, no room for any sentimentality, Long has to be between the sticks for the rest of the season.

I think with the next game being the diddy cup, he would play Long anyway, leaving the door open to play him in the next league game, (Assuming he doesn't do anything daft against Utd).

10 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Echo the comments on the goalkeeper. If you have 2 who look just about equal then you have to punish mistakes by swapping them. Long back in for me. 

Also echo the comment re Morrison. Loads of good crosses in the first half then we seemed to totally abandon the right hand side in the second. 

Second goal is even more sexy than it looked live. 

Long got away with a number of mistakes before injury ruled him out so I wouldn't base it as imply on Nicky making one mistake. I'd pick long because I think he's the better keeper and that's it.

I can see us sticking with Hogarth to be honest, as Shodwall says we seen a good few mistakes from Long before Hogarth came back in due to injury. For me it doesn't do a whole lot for a goalkeepers confidence and mindset if it's a case of one mistake and you're benched. 

I do think that Long is better for what it's worth though.

Edited by Chinatoon Bairn