Falkirk v Edinburgh City

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

He's an absolute crook of a guy. Went bust a few years ago owing a fortune to a lot of people . Was thought to be some kind of Ponzi scheme but the CPS couldn't find enough evidence. People lost millions out of it. Was meant to be the biggest fraud in the history of football. I wouldn't want him near my club he's bad news .

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3065700/Michael-McIndoe-s-30m-fraud-saw-Gabby-Agbonlahor-Robbie-Keane-Jimmy-Bullard-300-victims.html

What a c*nt of a man.

I'm surprised that he isn't wearing a concrete overcoat at the bottom of the briny to be honest. It's no less than he deserves for ruining so many peoples' lives.

Well, McIndoe got a reaction of sorts as Edinburgh City ran out 4-1 victors over Bonnyrigg Rose in an East Of Scotland Cup semi-final tonight.

Of sorts….?

Rose made 11 changes from Saturday and included 8 u20 players. 

Oh, and City stopper Aidan McAdams - who prevented a rout in the reverse fixture earlier this season - was injured and had to be substituted.

2 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

He's an absolute crook of a guy. Went bust a few years ago owing a fortune to a lot of people . Was thought to be some kind of Ponzi scheme but the CPS couldn't find enough evidence. People lost millions out of it. Was meant to be the biggest fraud in the history of football. I wouldn't want him near my club he's bad news .

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3065700/Michael-McIndoe-s-30m-fraud-saw-Gabby-Agbonlahor-Robbie-Keane-Jimmy-Bullard-300-victims.html

As Shadwell cat has alluded, it should be made clear that in December 2017, Scotland Yard completely cleared McIndoe of the allegations described in these newspaper articles.

Edited by HonestAl
clarity

Edinburgh were an abomination the last time we played them but since the new lad has taken over (whatever you think of him) they have drawn at Hamilton and won a league game. Something that looked vaguely beyond them a month ago. That means I’d take any sort of victory, which would guarantee remaining at least 3 points clear at the top of the table which would suit me just fine! 

Just watch another interview, post Annan, where he says, “the days where teams come to the capital and take points off us are gone, Dave”.

They got trounced the next game at home 1-5.

He’s definitely going to be worth a watch every week (though I have a sneaky he might just get them up the table, if the players are on board with his methods).

Edited by Numbers_One_To_Eleven

10 hours ago, HonestAl said:

As Shadwell cat has alluded, it should be made clear that in December 2017, Scotland Yard completely cleared McIndoe of the allegations described in these newspaper articles.

There was a lack of evidence so they didn't take it any further. Still lost people millions of pounds and is a decidedly dodgy fellow. I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole.

2 hours ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

Just watch another interview, post Annan, where he says, “the days where teams come to the capital and take points off us are gone, Dave”.

They got trounced the next game at home 1-5.

He’s definitely going to be worth a watch every week (though I have a sneaky he might just get them up the table, if the players are on board with his methods).

I've heard he's alienated a lot of the players already with his methods and the honeymoon period is well and truly over. Fingers crossed.

What is it about boays from Edinburgh and there big, bold ways??

You have Presley and his thumping of the table, “we’ll not be relegated”. Hughes and his infamous rant at St Mirren, Ian Murray’s opening words at Edinburgh City and now this guy. Must be something in the water over there.

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

It's just as well there's never been any dodgy financial characters involved with Falkirk FC :rolleyes:

Don't think there's been anyone with a record of that nature.  You can see by his interview he talks a good game. Easy to see how he managed to con folk into giving him money.

41 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Don't think there's been anyone with a record of that nature.  You can see by his interview he talks a good game. Easy to see how he managed to con folk into giving him money.

Dunno…….you’d have to be pretty weak minded - in any walk of life - to be motivated by such “talk”, far less hand over £thousands to this character to invest.

I know hindsight is 20-20 but have you seen some of those ‘party’ photos associated with the Daily Mail/Record internet articles? 
Jeepers!!!
I mean just who do Edinburgh City FC think they’ve employed as a football club manager?

(I’d like to listen to the directors talk through the selection process to their fans. Would put our own “show & tell” debacles of a couple of years back in the shade).

Edited by HonestAl

37 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I love how he seems to be expecting more than mid table. Guys crackers.

How?

Mid-table is what? 5th?

He clearly wants a play-off place, so we need, at least, the 4th place which is quite achievable. 👍

1 hour ago, Tenkay said:

How?

Mid-table is what? 5th?

He clearly wants a play-off place, so we need, at least, the 4th place which is quite achievable. 👍

1 hour ago, Tenkay said:

How?

Mid-table is what? 5th?

Your rock bottom 12 points behind kelty. You don't have 2 pennies to rub together to fund transfers although there's a good chance macindoe has £30 million squirrelled away somewhere for you I suppose. Otherwise youve got as much chance of the playoffs as I have of shagging miss world.

Edited by Shodwall cat

4 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Your rock bottom 12 points behind kelty. You don't have 2 pennies to rub Otherwise youve got as much chance of the playoffs as I have of shagging miss world.

To be fair, we're only 12 points off the play-offs, that's only 4 wins so reasonably achievable.

Whereas you've zero chance of shagging miss World.

Edited by Tenkay