Georgia vs Scotland 16th Nov '23

Gordopolis

1 minute ago, BukyOHare said:

How so? 

Because not 'every team' milks it.

Nothing like every team rolls around following incidental fouls as if they are genuinely hurt. 

It does exist but it's nonsense to frame that type of behaviour as the norm rather than the exception.

The guy got his heel clipped and went down holding his arm. Another went down holding his head twice despite not being touched on the head in either foul.

2 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Refs need to be far stronger with it. The guidance for stopping games is for head injuries. Time and time again they stop the game when someone is down holding their arm/leg or whatever else.

Tbf there is a few referees who seem to base yellow cards on reactions which is where it gets a problem.

1 minute ago, eez-eh said:

Refs need to be far stronger with it. The guidance for stopping games is for head injuries. Time and time again they stop the game when someone is down holding their arm/leg or whatever else.

I'd totally agree with that but it's going to take a brave referee to wave play on when a player is down rolling about. Would love to see it happen, the old saying if you're truly hurt you're not rolling about is 99.99% true.

I would love to see it and hopefully it would stop players "buying" free kicks as the commentators describe it.

1 minute ago, Boo Khaki said:

Dire right from the first minute to the last. 

Normally I'm the first to moan about Scotland teams being too helter-skelter, no keeping the baw, and running aboot like heidless chickens, but this has been purgatory. Far too slow, happy to fart about with it inside our own half while the Georgians get into their shape 30 yards off the ball. 

We can't come out with the same 11 and system after the break.

What do we think about the system ?

I think it is **** !

If we had 3 central defenders it might have made the defence secure and Taylor and Nathan P. would have been further forward although , sorry , BDD is not having his best game , imho 

11 minutes ago, Scosha said:

Wee kick out from the no 7 there on Gilmour. C*nt. 

He's a sly ratbag (their player not Gilmour, just for clarity...!)  The amount of wee kick-outs he has had without action from the ref has been ridiculous (also kicked Patterson after the ball had gone out for a goal kick) yet he is constantly demanding cards and rolling about like he's been snipered any time anyone goes near him.

We've been poor so far, particularly defensively and given how toothless we've been up front had we conceded a second I don't think we'd be able to come back  from it.  Dykes looks a fair way off the pace, reflecting how off form he has been for QPR of late, but then our potential replacements include someone struggling for game time at Luton.

I'd possibly throw either Brown or Shankland on for Dykes at half time and get Ferguson on for Christie (who's been surprisingly poor).  Given the pace they have on Taylor's side, I'd be reluctant to fling Doig on, just due to relative inexperience (internationally)

Edited by GroundskeeperWillie
Calling their number 7 wee is maybe not quite right, he's not that small really...

The Georgians have an air of arrogance about them which I can't quite understand given how shite they are. 

I think we've had the tactics wrong so far but obviously not helped by having shite like Greg Taylor being required to play. I'm just glad we got the job done last month.