Scotland vs Norway 19th November 2023

MarkoRaj

3 hours ago, GuyIncognito said:

Also if we win by 2 or more goals here we go into Pot 2 instead of Pot 3 which should mean an easier group in Germany.

Frustratingly,  it would actually be better from the perspective of getting an easier group to be in pot 3 as it’s fairly likely Holland, Croatia and Italy could all end up in pot 3.

33 minutes ago, Jaggy McJagface said:

Frustratingly,  it would actually be better from the perspective of getting an easier group to be in pot 3 as it’s fairly likely Holland, Croatia and Italy could all end up in pot 3.

image.thumb.png.221b7e199ae81876c8bfcaeafac8db44.png                                  That's certainly up for debate but based on this (only an estimate and will probably change by the end of today nevermind when this is all done) I'd much rather be pot 2 than pot 3. Netherlands and Italy are definitely better than us but nothing special at all, while I wouldn't fancy us against Hungary, Switzerland, or Belgium.

Edited by GuyIncognito

35 minutes ago, GuyIncognito said:

image.thumb.png.221b7e199ae81876c8bfcaeafac8db44.png                                  That's certainly up for debate but based on this (only an estimate and will probably change by the end of today nevermind when this is all done) I'd much rather be pot 2 than pot 3. Netherlands and Italy are definitely better than us but nothing special at all, while I wouldn't fancy us against Hungary, Switzerland, or Belgium.

Belgium will almost certainly be in Pot 1, as long as they beat Azerbaijan at home. Austria will drop into Pot 2 or 3 depending on what we do tomorrow.

These are the current projections:

Screenshot_20231118-151610.png

58 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

If we needed to win to qualify, I'd be celebrating the Haaland and Odegaard injuries like a last minute winner. 

As it is, I'm disappointed not to get seeing them!

Nah, f**k them.

Get these pumped. Early goal. 90 minute party time. 

1 hour ago, DC92 said:

Belgium will almost certainly be in Pot 1, as long as they beat Azerbaijan at home. Austria will drop into Pot 2 or 3 depending on what we do tomorrow.

Someone want to explain the points and why us and Netherlands arent above several teams in Pot 2?

Explaining it like I'm a 10 year old will make it much more straightforward.

Edited by Jacky1990

30 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

Someone want to explain the points and why us and Netherlands arent above several teams in Pot 2?

Explaining it like I'm a 10 year old will make it much more straightforward.

Pot 1 = hosts + 5 best group winners

Pot 2 = rest of the group winners + best 2nd placed side

Pot 3 = next 6 best 2nd place sides

Pot 4 = next 3 best 2nd place sides + 3 playoff winners

standard ranking system for 1st and 2nd place sides, sorted by points, then GD and so on, but teams who are in a group of 6 have their results against the bottom seed in their group not counted for a fair comparison with other groups.

Edited by GuyIncognito
more detail

3 hours ago, DC92 said:

Not saying we’d be massive favourites, but I’d fancy our chances of winning a one off game against any of the projected pot 2 teams.

Pot 3 on the other hand contains two teams that we’d be clear underdogs against (3 if Italy beat Ukraine in their final game and secure pot 3). We’d be favourites against Slovenia, but Serbia are probably of similar quality to the pot 2 teams and would be a toss up.

I wouldn’t necessarily be fearing Holland or Croatia like I would France/Portugal but you’d definitely rather avoid them all the same as they are still good teams.

6 hours ago, DC92 said:

With Romania winning "away" to Israel and Switzerland dropping points at home to Kosovo, the former just need to avoid defeat at home to the latter to win the group. If that happens, Romania will be in pot 2 and Switzerland pot 4.

Pot 3 is looking more and more appealing.