Aberdeen vs rangers

4 minutes ago, S7C said:

Pretty much. You either call them all or don’t call any. You can’t be selective about which you do and you don’t.

If there was any consistency there would be less uproar I’m sure.

It’s the basic fact that Rangers seem to be guaranteed at least 1 penalty per game thats the issue ? Just cant be possible.

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

Really? Because I am unsure if Goldson would have been anywhere near the ball played in.

Maybe I’m not clued up on the rules as I heard the commentators saying that too but as far as I know a foul is a foul. If a defender trips an attacker in the box who isn’t even on the ball then surely that’s still a pen?

Edited by Sortmeout

14 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Rangers fans celebrating like it was a cup final. Drawing with Aberdeen must mean a lot these days.

Celebrating a late goal, those scoundrels...

Must have been a sickener for you guys. 

10 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

Is there not something in the rules about holding/pulling that states the player has to he prevented from getting the ball for it to be a foul?

The ball is nowhere to be seen when Goldson throws himself to the ground.

The player has to be prevented from getting the ball for it to be a yellow card. Holding onto other players is an offence regardless.

It's a penalty and absolutely should be, but no mention of Goldson's pathetic dive or Lammers looking straight at, then stepping into, the Aberdeen defenders run to block him off.

As worrying as it is predictable is the lack of consistency in these refereeing decisions.

If we're saying shirt pulls in the box are penalties give them to every team, not just Rangers 1 down at Pittodrie in injury time. If it results in 4 penalties a game for a few weeks tough but please do it.

As it stands this game is slowly killing itself from the inside out.

Edited by BukyOHare

9 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

We got three penalties IIRC in a cup game against Falkirk. It was hilarious.

Yep. First game of the season I think. One was definite, the guy got chopped down, but the others were ridiculous, minimal contact affairs.

I think one of them was saved.

Bobby Madden getting the full treatment at the end, giving us the hardman glare as he was walking off 🤣 what a complete helmet he was.

I have seen it back now, but I just don’t believe that it gets given if they are 1-0 up at Ibrox in stoppage time and it is Goldson on Gartenmann rather than the other way around. It might be a foul, but it’s about being officiated to different standards. It’s just not a level playing field. 

The defender is stupid, but if we're saying that's enough for a penalty then it's a very, very low bar.

Watching it back, just about every player that is marking an opponent is holding. If I was a manager I'd be telling 1 or 2 of my players to throw themselves to the ground at every single corner. Replays will likely show a defender was holding.

The irony of Aberdeen fans whining about an injury time penalty decision. Have you forgotten about the one you got at Saints park a couple of months ago. 
And even then your guy hit it twice and the ref still allowed the goal to stand. That deprived us of 2 points that we legitimately won. 
We were literally cheated out of 2 important points and it was confirmed by the VAR performance review earlier this week. 

5 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

The defender is stupid, but if we're saying that's enough for a penalty then it's a very, very low bar.

Watching it back, just about every player that is marking an opponent is holding. If I was a manager I'd be telling 1 or 2 of my players to throw themselves to the ground at every single corner. Replays will likely show a defender was holding.

Before VAR, holding at corners etc had become so widespread that refs just ignored it. If VAR looked around that area you can guarantee someone else was holding and not necessarily a defender. 

We’re top of our league, create loads of chances and have had lots of penalty claims, we’ve been given 3 this season. Dundee Utd are the same in the Championship and they’ve had one. There is definitely a two tier refereeing system in Scotland, no way do Aberdeen get that with minutes to go at Ibrox.