**The Official P&B Christmas 2023 Thread**

Cheese

23 minutes ago, throbber said:

I’m doing turkey this year which i have never done before. Do most people just buy from a supermarket or am i best going to a turkey dealership?

Get a crown to save on waste.

The legs are the best part by miles.

The fact that everyone else prefers the dry stuff means I don't even have to share

ETA:

6 hours ago, throbber said:

am i best going to a turkey dealership?

I have visions of throbber wandering round farms kicking turkeys and asking to take it home for a practice, while the salesman tries to sell him a service plan and extended warranty

Edited by Mark Connolly

44 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

The legs are the best part by miles.

The fact that everyone else prefers the dry stuff means I don't even have to share

ETA:

I have visions of throbber wandering round farms kicking turkeys and asking to take it home for a practice, while the salesman tries to sell him a service plan and extended warranty

i’ll probably spend too much time dithering and we will end up in a similar situation to Mark and Jeremy

Breast can be fine. Soften around 100g of butter and mix in some zested lime, lemon and Clementine. Lift up the skin of the breast and squeeze the butter mixture underneath. A few cocktail sticks should keep this in place. 

So long as you don't overcook it, the breast should be nice and moist. Do it the evening before and it will be much easier to carve.

There are a few fnnaaarrs and Kenneths in there, I ken.

On 02/12/2023 at 12:45, velo army said:

Anyone saying "x movie is a Christmas movie" because it either takes place around or mentions Christmas wants a battering. 

"Last Christmas" by Wham can also do one. It's about a breakup and you'd be as well substituting "valentines" and it would actually make more sense. At no other point does it mention any Christmas related things.

You've drawn First Blood.

10 hours ago, throbber said:

I’m doing turkey this year which i have never done before. Do most people just buy from a supermarket or am i best going to a turkey dealership?

Try a  butchers m9.

1 hour ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Breast can be fine.

No doubt anyone feeling ambivalent about turkey this year will be drooling after discovering that, if prepared correctly, turkey can be as good as "fine"  :P

3 minutes ago, BFTD said:

No doubt anyone feeling ambivalent about turkey this year will be drooling after discovering that, if prepared correctly, turkey can be as good as "fine"  :P

Fecked, nervous, insecure and exhausted? I suppose it isn't the best time of year for the poor sods?

7 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Up here "fine" represents the zenith of gustatory experience.