**Pie and Bovril's Top 100 TV Shows of All Time**

D Angelo Barksdale

39 minutes ago, Chris Partlow said:

The Office (US) (2005-2010)

giphy(17).gif.c4f7c90052b960ee4bc881143edff639.gif

"That puts us at Threat Level: Midnight"

Swapping Slough for Scranton, Wernham Hogg for Dunder Mifflin and Ricky Gervais for Steve Carrell, it's the US version of The Office. Popular in its own right, it's probably one of the best and most successful examples of this sort of Transatlantic franchising out.

the-office-the.gif.477e04eba6fb60f49e5ab3d4e52bbc67.gif

Peter Kay's Phoenix Nights (2001-2002)

HPsG.gif.e3fb5523789893bbc8e1f6830c176d9f.gif

"I'm getting the word... nonce"

Remember Peter Kay ? What were that all about ? After suffering the tragic loss of two former establishments, The Aquarius (flooded) and the Neptune (burned down), wheelchair user Brian Potter has dreams of seeing The Phoenix Club becoming Bolton's premier entertainment venue with the help of Jerry St. Clair and the bouncers Max and Paddy.

19 minutes ago, Chris Partlow said:

Peter Kay's Phoenix Nights (2001-2002)

HPsG.gif.e3fb5523789893bbc8e1f6830c176d9f.gif

"I'm getting the word... nonce"

Remember Peter Kay ? What were that all about ? After suffering the tragic loss of two former establishments, The Aquarius (flooded) and the Neptune (burned down), wheelchair user Brian Potter has dreams of seeing The Phoenix Club becoming Bolton's premier entertainment venue with the help of Jerry St. Clair and the bouncers Max and Paddy.

One of the very few shows that spawned from a Mockumentary and was so good it got it’s own spin off.

Posted (edited)

Twin Peaks (1990-2017)

image(3).jpg.e8d4658ce399ff3ce35d85073c2b321b.jpg

"every day, once a day, give yourself a present"

A trip over to the Black Lodge in Twin Peaks now for a look inside David Lynch's very surreal and very weird brain.

Up 3 places from the 2012 poll.

Edited by Chris Partlow

1 minute ago, Chris Partlow said:

Twin Peaks (1990-2017)

image(3).jpg.e8d4658ce399ff3ce35d85073c2b321b.jpg

"every day, once a day, give yourself a present"

A trip over to the Black Lodge in Twin Peaks now for a look inside David Lynch's very surreal and very weird brain.

My all time favourite show ever, especially The Return which was aired 25 years after the original Series 1 & 2. Up 3 places from last Poll so I'll take that.

Just now, JustOneCornetto said:

My all time favourite show ever, especially The Return which was aired 25 years after the original Series 1 & 2. Up 3 places from last Poll so I'll take that.

The Return was so much better than I ever expected.  Even episode 8. 

Curb Your Enthusiasm (2000-)

indecisive-i-dont-know.gif.f13c9dea70b2bd18349827b7b2a99ef2.gif

"Pretty, pretty good"

Larry David plays Larry David and gets up to all sorts of awkward Larry David things in various social settings in this long running and hugely popular show.

6 minutes ago, JustOneCornetto said:

5 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

The Return was so much better than I ever expected.  Even episode 8. 

I've not watched The Return yet and will need to go back and watch the 1st 2 series again beforehand probably, but Lynch is some boy. Mulholland Drive is in my all time Top 10 films.

6 minutes ago, Chris Partlow said:

Curb Your Enthusiasm (2000-)

indecisive-i-dont-know.gif.f13c9dea70b2bd18349827b7b2a99ef2.gif

"Pretty, pretty good"

Larry David plays Larry David and gets up to all sorts of awkward Larry David things in various social settings in this long running and hugely popular show.

Such a good show. So many memorable episodes and moments.

giphy-9.gif

Doctor Who (1963-)

p0gpxrx6.thumb.jpg.e40fd8fd787b6b7c46ac40c67488c7e8.jpg

"exterminate, exterminate"

One of the BBC's longest running and most beloved shows, with various Doctors battling extra terrestrials down the years. They're on to the 15th one now I think.

Also guaranteed to make certain middle aged men's craniums explode should they cast (shock) a woman or (horror) a black guy as a fictional Time Lord who travels in a police box spaceship.

Star Trek: The Original Series (1966-1969)

5ED.gif.8d3a8d09bedfb6619716f0793ee1c353.gif

"To bodly go where no man has gone before"

The OG of space and Sci fi series only ran for 3 years (and a few films tbf) but has clearly influenced much of what came after it as Bill Shatner is shagger Captain Kirk, leading his crew through the galaxy.

This is up 22 places from 2012's 50th place. Please aim all phaser fire in the direction of @scottsdad and his fellow nerds who I assume will already have shields set to deflect.

7 hours ago, Chris Partlow said:

42 =

Only Fools and Horses (1981-2003)

1473260978-onlyfools.gif.4b40a65b0be26f3062fb1c2adbe1a1ad.gif

"this time next year we'll be millionaires"

Dropping from 14th place in 2012 is the iconic duo of Del Boy and Rodney Trotter as they duck and dive their way across the 80's and 90's from Nelson Mandela House in Peckham with the help of Trigger, Grandad, Uncle Albert and Boycie.

The 1996 episode "Time on our Hands" still holds the record for the biggest UK audience for a sitcom episode at an eye watering 24.3 million. Cushty.

Genuinely, would someone be able to explain to me why anyone enjoys only fools and horses?

I’ve seen it a few teams and find it to be, at best, the standard of Mrs Browns Boys. People can like what they like and that obviously, but I just don’t get it. 

I can only assume that Football's Hardest Away Days, the pinnacle of noughties British TV, has made a late dart into the top twenty, hence its omission to date.

I, for one, will be there. 

13 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I can only assume that Football's Hardest Away Days, the pinnacle of noughties British TV, has made a late dart into the top twenty, hence its omission to date.

I, for one, will be there. 

I predict that it'll be in joint 18th place, along with Topless Darts and Jo Guest in Jamaica.

22 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Genuinely, would someone be able to explain to me why anyone enjoys only fools and horses?

I’ve seen it a few teams and find it to be, at best, the standard of Mrs Browns Boys. People can like what they like and that obviously, but I just don’t get it. 

There's a whole list of programmes selected here that I think are utter shite.

There's no accounting for taste.

On 02/01/2024 at 10:51, Chris Partlow said:

Hill Street Blues (1981-1987)

1010794879__hillstreet_l-1feb79ede5514da7bb1790c631825b65.jpg.dc9aeb120a3f6e10e1d1ffc86df15989.jpg

"Let's be careful out there"

Classic American cop show that has won record amounts of awards, with some of those records still standing today. I've never seen any of it tbh, maybe the Yank version of The Bill ?

An absolute insult to Hill Street Blues, which incidentally has one of the all time great theme tunes.