**Pie and Bovril's Top 100 TV Shows of All Time**

Cheese

1 minute ago, Mark Connolly said:

Unless 4th is outside the Top 50, I think you might have missed a post somewhere...

1 minute ago, Rugster said:

It’s in the previous page. Number 4 

FFS.

They'll keep on making more now, you idiots!

Just now, Miguel Sanchez said:

Having watched it for the first time in ages recently, The Sopranos is very good but does feel a bit draggy and stretched out at times.

I'd agree with the dream sequences. Other than that, it's amazing pretty much from start to finish.

15 minutes ago, Chris Partlow said:

The Wire (2002-2008)

wee-bey-reaction-gif.gif.0e1168ebd77d690bdaf3e82ce0096f78.gif

"all the pieces matter"

Up 1 place from 2012. David Simon's look at Baltimore's drug trade, port system, government, education system and media is obviously my favourite, but also the favourite of many others, this received more 1st picks than any other show, but couldn't garner enough points from the rest to get it to top spot.

I could go into the numerous reasons I love this show, but I'll let others gush about it (I want you to get the word out there that we back up) and chuck in a couple of negatives, it verges on copaganda at some points, season 5 is a bit of a damp squib and it can fall into that 'liberal fantasy' trope occasionally, but what a show baby. All in the game yo.

I don’t think the wire is very complimentary of the police at all. 

3 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Having watched it for the first time in ages recently, The Sopranos is very good but does feel a bit draggy and stretched out at times.

b3516a5e-fcd0-418d-8807-814038b250db_tex

3 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I'd agree with the dream sequences. Other than that, it's amazing pretty much from start to finish.

The first dream episode is great. The fact there's another one that does the exact same thing not nearly as well reinforces my point.

Just now, Miguel Sanchez said:

The first dream episode is great. The fact there's another one that does the exact same thing not nearly as well reinforces my point.

Yeah the fishy dream episode is good, if that's the one you mean. The one where Tony meets the monks is way too long.

I've tried to phrase that in a way that doesn't give away any major plot development for anyone who hasn't seen it yet.

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

A big thank you to @Chris Partlow for putting this together with some great writeups.

I now have a few things I must try, including The Wire and The Sopranos.

Jeremy kens me though...

961TRkuOeJ8b.gif.0669124af982fbe57ace5df319eb1aeb.gif

Stop the fucking bus. You've not seen either?

Take a month of work and get them watched.