Chilli D (Saints) vs Mika B (Sinners) - Sat 16th Dec 2023

2 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

FWIW I would be very disappointed if we appoint the youth academy guy again because surely that's a post that someone should be in for a number of years in order to yield results. 

I still think Hammel was crazy to leave the relative stability of his Head of academy role for the shortest term gig going - even allowing for the fact the academy role won't be well paid I imagine.

I don't think Kettlewell getting sacked is imminent, the last minute goal on Saturday was a job saver I think - Ross County type pumping aside, the Livi game is the earliest it would happen now (because a routine loss in Paisley would hardly be an unusual thing for a Motherwell manager).

6 minutes ago, Swello said:

I don't think Kettlewell getting sacked is imminent, the last minute goal on Saturday was a job saver I think - Ross County type pumping aside, the Livi game is the earliest it would happen now (because a routine loss in Paisley would hardly be an unusual thing for a Motherwell manager).

Thing is, you'd say Paisley, Rangers, Pittodrie are often standard losses anyway - that takes us to five points from 16 games (!) going into Livingston if so.

Does a win there and likely loss at ER (eight points from 18) justify giving him the window? To me much more likely - virtually certain at this point - is we lose our nerve/finally act decisively but then why the hell not do it in time to get a new guy in for the window?

I already said on our thread that if - big if obviously - we're convinced SK will turn it round we should be coming out and confirming he's got the whole window and asking fans, even if they disagree, to get back on the bus.

29 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Not to be contrary but I don't think you could say that Kettlewell hasn't been a success. I mean, he still has a win % of 41.67 - he's still won more than he's lost in fact he's only lost 11 of 36 - 8 of which have been on this run.

Of course. Same could be said for Robson last season and Naismith too (although latter has turned things around a wee bit lately) in that they were really successful last season and it's kind of went awry since getting the posts full time in the summer.

Kettlewell, for me has done a decent job overall. It seems like a long, long time ago now but it's easy to forget he had Motherwell with something mental like one defeat since February or March until we won the LC game in late August? At one point you looked doomed and ended up 7th with more points than we did, such was your form.

That's the problem with streaky managers, they are best thing since sliced bread on the way up and the antichrist when it goes shite. Goodwin was mental for it as well.

35 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

I would assume Clarkson as youth chief but surely we will look beyond our own backyard this time.

Hammell came in with about 48 hours notice to win 1-0 at St Mirren, Kettlewell started 2-1 at home and Alexander iirc started 1-1 at St Mirren with a late penalty cancelling Cole's opener.

So he did, completely forgot about that! Nice that for once, we're not the breaking ground for a new gaffer then. Though we have developed a bit of a habit on last couple of years of being the straw that breaks an under pressure gaffer's back, so home win on Saturday could seal his fate.

If any Motherwell fans really want Kettlewell out, just hope for a 4-0 pumping on Saturday. Anyone who loses 4-0 to St Mirren in Paisley gets bagged before the team bus has reached St James Interchange. It’s actually in the SPFL rulebook…

Rule 6. Sub-section 1.1. Losing 4-0 to St Mirren in Paisley…

Any manager who loses by this margin to St Mirren shall be dismissed before arse hits tarmac at Paisley International Aerodrome.

Fact.

12 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Of course. Same could be said for Robson last season and Naismith too (although latter has turned things around a wee bit lately) in that they were really successful last season and it's kind of went awry since getting the posts full time in the summer.

Kettlewell, for me has done a decent job overall. It seems like a long, long time ago now but it's easy to forget he had Motherwell with something mental like one defeat since February or March until we won the LC game in late August? At one point you looked doomed and ended up 7th with more points than we did, such was your form.

That's the problem with streaky managers, they are best thing since sliced bread on the way up and the antichrist when it goes shite. Goodwin was mental for it as well.

Aye.

Here's a list of our erm..."shorter term" managers - obviously Brown fucked off to Aberdeen and Hay won us promotion but it places Kettlewell in a bit of a weird place since he's currently P 36 with a win % of 41.67:

Steven Hammell: P 28 win % = 25%
Ian Baraclough: P 34 win % = 35.3%
Craig Brown: P 44 win % = 47.73%
Jim Gannon: P 25 win % = 28%
Maurice Malpas: P 44 win % = 31.8%
Eric Black: P 27 win % = 25.9%
Harri Kampman: P 22 win % = 27.27%

You're then going to the likes of Bobby Watson (P 36 W%: 11.11%), Jock Wallace (P 44 W%: 31.82), Davie Hay (P 40 W%: 65%) and Roger Hynd (P 36 W% 13.89) who were before my time.

Edited by capt_oats

5 minutes ago, Molotov said:

I personally still feel that Motherwell are one of the better teams we have faced this season home and away.

I hope they stay up. They are a great local rival for us with decent crowds at both stadiums. 

I always want Motherwell and Killie in the league. That's not to say I don't revel in it a wee bit when it's going shite but they are two clubs whose presence in the top flight is great for us (and they'll likely begrudgingly admit the same). Two good, handy, local away days and two noisy and large travelling supports. 

Said it before but all three of us suffer from our own local historical rivals being consistently shite lower league fodder over last 3 decades, so it's as close to a local rivalry as we're going to get for now.

Just now, capt_oats said:

Aye.

Here's a list of our erm..."shorter term" managers - obviously Brown fucked off to Aberdeen and Hay won us promotion but it places Kettlewell in a bit of a weird place since he's currently P 36 with a win % of 41.67:

Steven Hammell: P 28 win % = 25%
Ian Baraclough: P 34 win % = 35.3%
Craig Brown: P 44 win % = 47.73%
Jim Gannon: P 25 win % = 28%
Maurice Malpas: P 44 win % = 31.8%
Eric Black: P 27 win % = 25.9%
Harri Kampman: P 22 win % = 27.27%

You're then going to the likes of Bobby Watson (P 36 W%: 11.11%), Jock Wallace (P 44 W%: 31.82), Davie Hay (P 40 W%: 65%) and Roger Hynd (P 36 W% 13.89) who were before my time as were .

This is for mentioning Davie Hay

IMG_0860.png

3 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Davie Hay (P 40 W%: 65%) 

Mental!

Hay is derided roundly by us and with good reason. He probably had better resources to play with than any St. Mirren gaffer ever and turned in a horrific performance to point that it ended his career for nearly a decade before coming back and doing well at Livi.

Screenshot_20231211_160017_Chrome.thumb.jpg.8d348d3de0a765363d27bf920981a797.jpg

3 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I always want Motherwell and Killie in the league. Two good, handy, local away days and two noisy and large travelling supports. 

What did Ross County bring on Saturday?
Less than 250 of which 50 may be comps. 

I’d rather see Ross County and Livingston emptied and get teams like Dundee United and Partick Thistle back up to the top flight.

I think it’s too much to ever consider that Morten will be promoted to the top flight while I’m still alive.

6 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Mental!

Hay is derided roundly by us and with good reason. He probably had better resources to play with than any St. Mirren gaffer ever and turned in a horrific performance to point that it ended his career for nearly a decade before coming back and doing well at Livi.

Seeing his record there is crazy- no manager would last the season now with those stats

Aye, get Livingston & Ross County down with ICT and Hamilton - with all four staying down with the Morton forever. Replace them with pretty much anyone. Dundee United and Partick Thistle preferably.

Thanks Santa. It’s either that or I ask again for a Porsche 911 Turbo - with Kylie Minogue in the passenger seat

Edited by pozbaird

3 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

Seeing his record there is crazy- no manager would last the season now with those stats

I was thinking he probably survived because there was no relegation that season due to reconstruction but that was season before (90/91) under Fitzpatrick.

I absolutely hate these match threads where the opposing fans are all saying they are going to get pumped.

It’s a lose lose for us because more often and not these things go completely the other way and even if we do win, it leaves us with zero banter potential. 

Motherwell fans are just a bunch of realistic, spoilsport bassturts! 😄

36 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Mental!

Screenshot_20231211_160017_Chrome.thumb.jpg.8d348d3de0a765363d27bf920981a797.jpg

12% win rate fucking christ :lol: 

Good support + Good atmosphere + non Glasgow Biggots = Good c***s. 

As said before, same as Killy. 

BUT...  

Those wee boys you have in Stone Island/CP/whatever clobber, acting like Danny Dyers when they're more like Jackie Dannies... FML, fannies with pyros..! Get in the sea with you. 

Edited by Doctor Sanchez
Fingers like pigs tits.