Chilli D (Saints) vs Mika B (Sinners) - Sat 16th Dec 2023

4 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Here's hoping that our Chilli D gets no closer to the playing surface than the dugout. Taylor's injury today is a concern.

Taylor has come off before and recovered ok for the next game, so I’m hopeful he starts with big Chas on in the second half to give the ‘Well fans someone to abuse! 

9 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I'd much prefer Taylor to be available. He's got a mistake or two in him but hes only a year into playing full time football and is massively improved in his first 12 months here...in my opinion he's streets ahead of Dunne.

I agree with you on Taylor, he’s not the finished product but he’s such a good player and he’s making great progress with every passing game.

Dunne  to his credit had a nice steady game when he was introduced from the bench and stuck to basics. 
If only he could do this on a consistent basis, and cut out the inevitable f**k up.

24 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

I agree with you on Taylor, he’s not the finished product but he’s such a good player and he’s making great progress with every passing game.

Dunne  to his credit had a nice steady game when he was introduced from the bench and stuck to basics. 
If only he could do this on a consistent basis, and cut out the inevitable f**k up.

Saw it summed up pretty tidily through the week. Once Dunne eventually loses his significant pace, he'll drop pretty quickly through the leagues as he doesn't have the defensive brain to adapt his game as he wants to do utterly stupid stuff.

Despite their dreadful run, Biereth looks an outstanding player and will be major threat. His stats speak for themselves:

image_2023-12-10_090941209.thumb.png.23ae3c94ea3d054c70a13747c88e76ab.png

0.80 goals per 90 mins! Just look at his Goal Conversion rate and Shot Accuracy stats.

Consider that he's scoring like that in a very poor performing side, with fewer opportunities.

9 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

……..and the Hollywood passes to people in the stands. 

7 hours ago, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

Despite their dreadful run, Biereth looks an outstanding player and will be major threat. His stats speak for themselves:

image_2023-12-10_090941209.thumb.png.23ae3c94ea3d054c70a13747c88e76ab.png

0.80 goals per 90 mins! Just look at his Goal Conversion rate and Shot Accuracy stats.

Consider that he's scoring like that in a very poor performing side, with fewer opportunities.

He really is a top class player. Which is why his injury screwed us so much. Alongside the injury to Lennon Miller and the subsequent requirement to fanny about with the team so much hasn’t helped us in this horrendous run. 

Cant see us getting a win this weekend but also fancy us to maybe get a draw. Aslong as Kettlewell sticks with Gent and Davor in the starting 11 and drops Obika. 

3 hours ago, wellboy1991 said:

Cant see us getting a win this weekend but also fancy us to maybe get a draw. Aslong as Kettlewell sticks with Gent and Davor in the starting 11 and drops Obika. 

I'd agree with this. After dropping off for a couple of weeks St Mirren got a decent win over County yesterday and their confidence will be back up. If we stick with doing the basics right and avoid stupid mistakes (particularly fucking Kelly), maybe we could sneak a point. 

As for Obika, Saints can have him back  if they want him, he's been absolutely ganting. After his contribution yesterday I'd say big Thelonius deserves the place up top alongside Mika.

49 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

I'd agree with this. After dropping off for a couple of weeks St Mirren got a decent win over County yesterday and their confidence will be back up. If we stick with doing the basics right and avoid stupid mistakes (particularly fucking Kelly), maybe we could sneak a point. 

As for Obika, Saints can have him back  if they want him, he's been absolutely ganting. After his contribution yesterday I'd say big Thelonius deserves the place up top alongside Mika.

Agreed on all accounts especially with Obika. There is no link up or any sign of link up between Mika and Obika. Two players on a totally different page. Just doesn’t work as a forward line. Plus I also think Obika is utterly brutal. A total cart horse. 

53 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

As for Obika, Saints can have him back  if they want him

Only if he fancies backing up Ayunga, Nahmani, Olyusanya, Greive, Mandron, and Jamieson. Obika was a popular player with us. Did us a turn, etc. Was never going to be Earling Haaland, but wasn’t a waste of a wage or anything.

18 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Only if he fancies backing up Ayunga, Nahmani, Olyusanya, Greive, Mandron, and Jamieson. Obika was a popular player with us. Did us a turn, etc. Was never going to be Earling Haaland, but wasn’t a waste of a wage or anything.

Obika is most definitely a Scottish football cult legend!

After all he dealt the final Covid relegation blow to the Jambos!

Although not quite Albert Kidd status he should be remembered forever in Paisley, Tynecastle and Easter Rd.

IMG_5550.webp.9540f3edba02c075c9322c06dea4751b.webpIMG_5549.jpeg.6e0a6aa2c2ea2dc10547caaa551add9b.jpeg

Scoring against Well……

IMG_5551.thumb.webp.bfa065f5ef2e4e3e1694d5df6b81c258.webp

Would love to see the big guy score an OG on Saturday similar to Magennis away at Killie. 

12 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Obika is most definitely a Scottish football cult legend!

After all he dealt the final Covid relegation blow to the Jambos!

Although not quite Albert Kidd status he should be remembered forever in Paisley, Tynecastle and Easter Rd.

IMG_5550.webp.9540f3edba02c075c9322c06dea4751b.webpIMG_5549.jpeg.6e0a6aa2c2ea2dc10547caaa551add9b.jpeg

Scoring against Well……

IMG_5551.thumb.webp.bfa065f5ef2e4e3e1694d5df6b81c258.webp

Would love to see the big guy score an OG on Saturday similar to Magennis away at Killie. 

Or Shaughnessy's v Dundee at SMP.