Chilli D (Saints) vs Mika B (Sinners) - Sat 16th Dec 2023

FT 0-0
Second half was quite good fun actually, plenty happening.
O'Hara took a terrible penalty and messed up the rebound. And we got an indirect free kick for obstruction which we messed up too. 
Motherwell had four clear cut chances, one on one with Hemming. Messed them up every single time. If they had someone half as good as KVV we'd have lost that game, they don't, good. All in all a fair enough result really. 

Just now, Phillips455 said:

Draws are still not good enough  despite the performance that's us 14 (and soon to be 15) without a win and dropping down to 11th.

I’ve long made peace with the fact that the best this team can achieve this season is winning the playoff. Imagine going 14 games without a win and the manager being nowhere near getting his jotters. Astounding stuff.

6 minutes ago, Quatermass said:

I’ve long made peace with the fact that the best this team can achieve this season is winning the playoff. Imagine going 14 games without a win and the manager being nowhere near getting his jotters. Astounding stuff.

Its the hope that kills you. If we end up ending our winless run against rangers, I'll probably still be livid. Expect a 3-0 defeat in that game.

For this game  the weather really hampered things. Would say a draw was a fair result but either team could have easily won it.

Edited by Phillips455

That was a fucking wild game. It was awful but entertaining. 

Motherwell edged it, I feel, certainly in terms of clear chances created.

But if you miss a penalty (which should have been retaken for encroachment but I think the ref had long since given up on enforcing any of the major rules) then you've only got yourselves to blame.

Biereth is a player; the battle between him and Gogic was decent. I suspect Biereth is still lacking fitness as Gogic noticeably got on top in the final 15.

1 minute ago, Phillips455 said:

Its the hope that kills you. If we end up ending our winless run against rangers, I'll probably still be lived. Expect a 3-0 defeat in that game.

For this game  the weather really hampered things. Would say a draw was a fair result but either team could have easily won it.

Just seen the Raith Rovers/Dun Utd score as well. Should be all the warning bells required for us right there. 

Not winning in 14 is a riddy, BUT hard to criticise the players today.

They fought hard and penalty aside created the better chances 2nd half. Spittal and Bair had the best of them. Spittal just hits it low and hard straight at goal and that is in the net. Sadly he is quite a skilful wee player so tried to place it in the corner.

Bair also was a great effort but I will credit the goalie for a good save more than criticise Bair for not scoring.

Finally special mention to our Goalie. I have lambasted him of late. But he never put a foot (glove) wrong today 👏👏

Edited by welldaft