Chilli D (Saints) vs Mika B (Sinners) - Sat 16th Dec 2023

If Greg Kiltie had studs in his boots today it could have been a much different game…However, we get a point but had two excellent chances to go in front today. Draw fair enough for me, Well had good chances 2nd half but fluffed the lot.

I was astonished when he was substituted ,that Callum Slattery managed to walk the ten yards from his on pitch position near the dugout without falling over. Well done…..🤿

16 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Missed a penalty and still feel pretty damn lucky to escape with a point 

Absolutely.

We're fortunate their strikers couldn't score in a barrel of fannies.

Also, that Hemming had a couple of decent saves.

Very very strange game. 

I thought Saints played very well in spots, with Kiltie, Baccus and Small all excellent.  

And yet after missing the penalty we someone contirived to gift Well four clear cut chances.

So a draw fair, but if we’d scored from the spot I feel we’d have been more likely to get a second than lose an equaliser.  Having said that Well very good at getting late equalisers.  

Edited by Bobby_F

14 minutes ago, meadowroadsaint said:

If Greg Kiltie had studs in his boots today it could have been a much different game…However, we get a point but had two excellent chances to go in front today. Draw fair enough for me, Well had good chances 2nd half but fluffed the lot.

I was astonished when he was substituted ,that Callum Slattery managed to walk the ten yards from his on pitch position near the dugout without falling over. Well done…..🤿

Can’t remember a game where there were so many clear dives, and so much blatant dissent towards a referee, and for it all to go unpunished.  

How many warnings did Kelly get?

Wonder if the ref being so weak early on led to the Well players just deciding to rip the pish?

Edited by Bobby_F

That’s another very poor performance from us again. One or two players look like they need a rest/Dropped. O’Hara definitely needs to ride some pine, as he has been a ghost all season.

As a game today it was a horrible watch with practically no decent passages of play and plenty stray passing.

The penalty was a shocker and you have to wonder why he was allowed to take it, Given his ex team mate would have known where he was going with the penalty.

That first half was fucking awful. I don’t think we had a shot on goal.

We were improved off the ball again this week. It was good to see our players leaving a shoulder in and being a bit nastier. We actually won some midfield battles which was pleasing. It didn’t seem like a performance that will be followed by a sacking.

We probably should have won in the end with the 4 chances we had. I’d have taken a point beforehand and we haven’t had a clean sheet in f**k knows how long. 

Fair play to Liam Kelly. A better performance from him today. Our subs bench must be the weakest in the league. Big January window incoming.

Edited by Gianfranco

Just now, Gianfranco said:

That first half was fucking awful. I don’t think we had a shot on goal.

We were improved off the ball again this week. It was good to see our players leaving a shoulder in and being a bit nastier. We actually won some midfield battles which was pleasing. It didn’t seem like a performance that will be followed by a sacking.

We probably should have won in the end with the 4 chances we had. I’d have taken a point beforehand and we haven’t had a clean sheet in f**k knows how long. 

Fair play to Liam Kelly. A better performance from him today. our subs bench must be the weakest in the league. Big January window incoming.

September at Tynecastle. The last time we won a game innit.

2 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

The last time we saw Natalie in all her glory.

On the point about it not seeming like a performance that would be followed by a sacking, it's maybe worth mentioning as well that we've now only lost 2 of our last 7 but we've drawn more than any other team in the league.

We should have lost that, because of the great chances Motherwell made and missed, in the second half. O’Hara penalty miss the big one for us, but we hardly created a clear cut chance in the entire game. Shite conditions, but if it wasn’t for the strong wind, the game would have likely not started on time, due to those wee kunts with their pyro. On a still cold winter day, that would never have dispersed easily. What is it with these braindead wee kunts?

Definitely time to give O’Hara a rest, he’s been so far off it and can’t even score his penalty now. Think we could do with Gogic moving back into midfield to replace him as he’s not been as good in defence recently.

Thought Kiltie and Tanser showed a few glimpses of quality but a pretty poor performance overall, fine with a point there.

Highlight of the game was Stevie Frail giving one of our stewards a hot drink. Big up to him. Class bit of kindness. The lad looked frozen. 

As for the game. One to forget. 

Who has kidnapped O'Hara and replaced him with someone who has never seen a ball before. He is honking this season. 

4 good chances for well after our pen miss. Poor finishing and good goalkeeping kept us in it. 

Great save from Kelly from Small and dodgy footwear stopped us grabbing a goal. 

A draw was just about a fair ending to a miserable game. 

The falling over from Well players is pathetic and must be murder to watch each week. Surely you guys are better than that?

Edited by AW saint

8 minutes ago, Lola montez said:

The ‘well top today is a classic top yet 24 wanted to get it as dirty as possible. 

Did a lot of blatant diving but the one on the edge of the box in the fist half should have had the ref stopping the game and bringing out a yellow.  

He didn’t though and so player kept at it for the rest of the game. 

Some players try it on, and it ref lets them away with it hardly a surprise when they keep doing it.