The Pie and Bovril Dead Pool 2024

2 hours ago, qos_75 said:

I briefly considered him, but thought he was only famous for being married to a day time tv presenter. Hence ineligible.

I should have done my homework - what a tool. 

Similarly, I was unaware of his political career. Assumed he was just the partner of a famous person, and would not be a "celebrity" in his own right other than through his illness, which would have ruled him ineligible.

Nonetheless, RIP, etc.

3 hours ago, Trogdor said:

I didn't have him in my squad. I genuinely thought his illness was over hyped. Got that one wrong.

He told he was ill. Copyright, Spike Milligan.

35 minutes ago, Shipa said:

Similarly, I was unaware of his political career. Assumed he was just the partner of a famous person, and would not be a "celebrity" in his own right other than through his illness, which would have ruled him ineligible.

Nonetheless, RIP, etc.

It was asked on the 2023 thread (and I think it came up when his illness was first announced as well) and I think the reaponse was that he was an eligible candidate since he had had a notable career before marriage and would likely get a qualifying obituary which mentioned his previous work. 

In the pilot episode of Starsky and Hutch, David Soul famously jumped on to the top of a car and landed sitting down.

It resulted in chronic back pain for the next thirty years.

Definitely not a good idea.

13 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

In the pilot episode of Starsky and Hutch, David Soul famously jumped on to the top of a car and landed sitting down.

It resulted in chronic back pain for the next thirty years.

Definitely not a good idea.

Not only that he was forced to relive it in the opening credits every time (43 seconds in)...

RIP Hutch, long forgotten now but the show was an absolutely massive phenomenon for a couple of years.