The Pie and Bovril Dead Pool 2024

7 hours ago, Fullerene said:

He also starred in Outland alongside Sean Connery as well as Narrow Marhin alongside Gene Hackman.

I suspect Shatner and Hackman have lunch with Jimmy Carter and laugh at P&B.

Jimmy Carter is immortal, I am sure.

On 15/07/2024 at 20:10, The Naitch said:

Both Captain and Vice Captain gone in the same year - absolute scenes.

What a time to be alive! Or not.

1 hour ago, Darren said:

My first go at this, captain and vice-captain both gone at fairly young ages and barely mid-table 🤣

Aye Darren, there's too many on here take it seriously and do research etc. It's only supposed to be a bit of fun.

9 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Aye Darren, there's too many on here take it seriously and do research etc. It's only supposed to be a bit of fun.

Fear not, I'm sure the names and IP addresses of people who repeatedly search for dying celebrities/politicians are on a closely monitored hard drive watchlist somewhere in Mountain View or Cupertino.

36 minutes ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

Fear not, I'm sure the names and IP addresses of people who repeatedly search for dying celebrities/politicians are on a closely monitored hard drive watchlist somewhere in Mountain View or Cupertino.

No doubt because some Google employee is using it to train a deep learning regression model to predict celebrity deaths based on global internet search traffic so that he can beat the odds in the Bay Area Tech Sector version of the Dead Pool. If Amazon can predict when your daughter is pregnant, Google can predict when your childhood heroes are about to go toes up.

2 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

It's not a bit of fun. It's dead serious. 

6 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

German DJ Tomcraft, who did that 2000s song that goes "happiness seems to be loneliness".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c9r3np0l430o

A message from Brückner's family posted on social media, external, on Tuesday, said: "With a heavy heart, 

You would think a doctor would have noticed. 

22 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I did do some half hearted research and it's not paid off at all. 

For example Sir Geoff Hurst was sounding very sprightly for his age when interviewed the other day. The cheating non-hat trick scoring ratbag. 

43 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I did do some half hearted research and it's not paid off at all. 

For example Sir Geoff Hurst was sounding very sprightly for his age when interviewed the other day. The cheating non-hat trick scoring ratbag. 

Imagine living that long knowing you only really scored once

3 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

It's why he's the sole survivor of that team. So he has to suffer by living with the guilt.

1 minute ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Suitable punishment.

That and having to watch yourself being compared to Harry Kane. 

There's no comparison. Even if you take away the tainted Jules Rimet win, Hurst has another 2 career trophies to Kane's 0.

Which is quite funny

3 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Hat-trick of illegitimate goals: offside, didn't cross the line, and people on the pitch.