The big one II: Accies v Falkirk

3 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Worth noting that @LeodhasXDwas clearly right. Scoured the regulations and figured out highlights can go out earlier. Fair play 👏

Got to give it grudgingly to Stenhousemuir for starting the argument tbh. Still beat them for the first 10pm full highlight regulars.  Was hoping to have a monopoly for a little longer. 🥲

I don't understand why that's a penalty tbh. It hits Zananta on the hand for sure, but it's by his side. Not a pen for me...

Our goal is so bad but i'll take it.

Second goal for Falkirk is probably the best bit of football all game. That alone worthy of the 3 points.

Third goal we have a free kick, wind behind us, and it doesn't even reach the box 🤣

Rankin said we were up for it all week. I didn't see that today if i'm being honest.

On 12/12/2023 at 15:32, FFC 1876 said:

Far too many Hamilton Cacky players in there.

Fulton
Yeats Donaldson Lang Mccann
Spencer Martin
Morrison Ross Miller
MacIver

I'd maybe have Macdonald in at right back but can't leave Yeats out after the season he's had. Kilday and Donaldson are much of a muchness.

On 12/12/2023 at 15:36, SouthStander1876 said:

Take the navy blue tinted goggles off my friend... Hamilton best defence in the league and youve not got any of their defenders in...

No apologies needed my friend. 

12 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I don't understand why that's a penalty tbh. It hits Zananta on the hand for sure, but it's by his side. Not a pen for me...

Our goal is so bad but i'll take it.

Second goal for Falkirk is probably the best bit of football all game. That alone worthy of the 3 points.

Third goal we have a free kick, wind behind us, and it doesn't even reach the box 🤣

Rankin said we were up for it all week. I didn't see that today if i'm being honest.

I’ve just watched the highlights and whilst the ball struck the players arm, he didn’t know anything about it and I don’t think the ref actually saw it. I’m not complaining as we are due a few of these decisions.

Still think we would have beaten you as we definitely seemed more up for it.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

3 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I’ve just watched the highlights and whilst the ball struck the players arm, he didn’t know anything about it and I don’t think the ref actually saw it. I’m not complaining as we are due a few of these decisions.

Still think we would have been you as we definitely seemed more up for it.

Yeah I agree you were more up for it, but its still crap to see that given.

Arguably you should have been down to 10 men as early as the 5th minute but we just didn't look at the races at all.

6 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Yeah I agree you were more up for it, but its still crap to see that given.

Arguably you should have been down to 10 men as early as the 5th minute but we just didn't look at the races at all.

Same goes for McGowan staying on the park, nobody wants to see those tackles given reds.

1 minute ago, FFC 1876 said:

Same goes for McGowan staying on the park, nobody wants to see those tackles given reds.

The ref was going to give McGowan a yellow at one point but realised he'd already booked him and would need to have sent him off so he shat it instead.

27 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Yep Rankin is a good talker but barely produces today was another example. Falkirk looked the better set up team and his changes to bring Hewitt on for Barjonas and potentially the worst change I've ever seen in Mumbongo for Hendrie completely killed us. Falkirk have a manager we don't and they have a clinical striker we don't and it looks like they will be in the championship next season and we won't.

7 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

The ref was going to give McGowan a yellow at one point but realised he'd already booked him and would need to have sent him off so he shat it instead.

McGowan was absolutely rotten for us today he's been very disappointing since he came back. I've not seen the highlights back but I also thought he was lucky to not be shown red at times today.

16 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

You're not wrong about McGowan. I actually thought his yellow was very soft, but being on one I was amazed he got away with that just before half time.

Disagree with your assessment of Lang's caution, though. In the modern game I think it was a challenge which would be classed as endangering an oppononent and very much should have been a red card.

That it was the 5th minute has likely influenced the referee who I thought was weak and pretty poor all in tbh.

Definitely a penalty at the time.  Definitely a penalty on the replays.

O’Hara definitely backs into the keeper for the Accies goal which you’d usually see given as a foul, but it was still weak as piss from Hogarth. 

A deserved and very enjoyable win.

2 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Lol! At it. You can't see f**k all on the replay

I didn’t think his hand was out at all (saw it fairly clearly), but it definitely stopped a shot on target so a goal scoring opportunity. I’ve actually no idea what the rule is anymore but in the good old days that would normally mean a penalty so I thought it was the right decision. I’m sure others may disagree….

38 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I didn’t think his hand was out at all (saw it fairly clearly), but it definitely stopped a shot on target so a goal scoring opportunity. I’ve actually no idea what the rule is anymore but in the good old days that would normally mean a penalty so I thought it was the right decision. I’m sure others may disagree….

This matches my view. It's hit his arm but was neither deliberate nor due to (I think it was Zanatta) deliberately making his body bigger. It's never a penalty.

It's a poor decision and, tbh, I don't see how you can give a penalty for handball in that particular scenario and not then caution the player.

3 minutes ago, LauriestonBairn said:

FWIW I didn’t think it was a handball. Player seemed to have his arms down by his side. But not a single Hamilton player appealed the decision, which I thought was strange. 

Tbf It was behind them all bar Fulton (who did complain) - can't complain with conviction something you haven't seen.

I've just watched the highlights from that boy behind the goal and they just cement my view that its a shocking decision.

The second Falkirk goal was really the only momement of brilliance in the game.