The big one II: Accies v Falkirk

First of all, a deserved win for Falkirk. Looked ominous from the first five minutes. However, we had no luck. Kilday in the warm up, then Scott Martin. If he got injured in his needless charge from goal then Fulton only has himself to blame. Penalty was a nonsense. How was he supposed to get out of the way? Morrison and Miller were the difference but Falkirk defended superbly in the second half. They had to, with that shite keeper. Very niggly game, 27 fouls but felt like more. No one was allowed to pass without a foul or an attempt at a foul, both sides. Lewis Smith clearly our best player, again; That Rankin left him on the bench for so long shows what a poor manager he is. I'd be delighted if he got sacked but sadly there is no chance if that happening. 

Good turnout of Accies fans. It was certainly a lot busier around where I sit but it will probably be back to 1200 or so next week.

A result that confirms what i thought , after playing Accies twice i thought Falkirk were a  better team overall and defo favourites for first spot 

I didnt want to say before today as i jinx teams far too easily , that said i hope we can give falkirk a game of it next time round  (for a change ).

34 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I guess we’re down to Accies tv being magnanimous and showing it then. 

I like that you think Accies do highlights of games...

No complaints today.

Looking for favours from the other teams in the league but McGlynn will have you guys  too consistent to catch IMO - Falkirk's title to throw away now.

As our fans have been saying all season we are sitting 2nd despite Rankin being our manager.

We will be playing League 1 football again in 24/25 with him in charge the rest of this season.

Edited by cdhafc1874

We didn’t shit the bed!!!!!

great display from everyone (nearly…) but particularly from Coll Donaldson.  I thought the game was summed up when the ball broke through to Mumbongo and five Falkirk players chased him down.  Great team spirit today.

49 minutes ago, Owsley 2 said:

First of all, a deserved win for Falkirk. Looked ominous from the first five minutes. However, we had no luck. Kilday in the warm up, then Scott Martin. If he got injured in his needless charge from goal then Fulton only has himself to blame. Penalty was a nonsense. How was he supposed to get out of the way? Morrison and Miller were the difference but Falkirk defended superbly in the second half. They had to, with that shite keeper. Very niggly game, 27 fouls but felt like more. No one was allowed to pass without a foul or an attempt at a foul, both sides. Lewis Smith clearly our best player, again; That Rankin left him on the bench for so long shows what a poor manager he is. I'd be delighted if he got sacked but sadly there is no chance if that happening. 

Good turnout of Accies fans. It was certainly a lot busier around where I sit but it will probably be back to 1200 or so next week.

You mean 500 🤔

First rate performance with everyone playing their part. Donaldson and Lang were immense, Spencer and Henderson excellent in the middle of the park and Miller was fantastic. I hope Long's back in next week though because Hogarth's confidence will be shot to f**k after that!

I must say too that, given the size of their support, Hamilton have got more than their fair share of wee neds!

21 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

First rate performance with everyone playing their part. Donaldson and Lang were immense, Spencer and Henderson excellent in the middle of the park and Miller was fantastic. I hope Long's back in next week though because Hogarth's confidence will be shot to f**k after that!

I must say too that, given the size of their support, Hamilton have got more than their fair share of wee neds!

wee neds fuds in balaclavas 

Mma Idk GIF by UFC

8 minutes ago, Balde Bairn said:

Thought it was a nice touch from our players to celebrate the second goal in front of those fuds in the main stand. I couldn’t make out who went right up to them but got the desired reaction. 

Morrison was front and centre on the GIRUY scenes.