The big one II: Accies v Falkirk

Can't argue with that result at all tbh. Rankin yet again being shown up as an absolute fraud with his team selection and his random substitutions then playing subs in wrong positions.

The Falkirk keeper had a few fumbles we really should have taken advantage of but the players never seemed to be in the right position.

Awful result but it's how we react that matters.

Thought we were excellent yesterday, particularly first half. Moved the ball about really well and pressed Hamilton into mistakes. Obviously injuries helped us with Accies missing Kilday and then Martin and Fulton both having to go off. Fulton has only himself to blame though, it was a ridiculous challenge on MacIver. Though we did lose Henderson to injury which was also a blow and obviously had Miller and Nesbitt out for the first game who were both excellent yesterday, so swings and roundabouts there. 

Only real negative was Hogarth, made a terrible error for the Accies goal and had quite a few other hairy moments. Made a couple of decent stops in the second half but I'd have Long back between the sticks for the next game. 

The penalty was a penalty for me. It definitely hit his hand, and you can always tell by the players reaction imo. Several Falkirk players screaming for it and I don't think a single Accies player really protested? I know this isn't anything to do with Hamilton but the lack of decisions we got in the opposition's box last season was farcical, so we're probably due around 14-16 penalties this season as a result. 

The away support was brilliant yesterday. To take over 2,000 fans to a game in pish weather a week before Christmas after being stuck in this shitetip of a league for 5 years was brilliant. Backed the team from minute 1 and even smacked some wee Hamiton ned in the puss for good measure :lol:

Tom Lang probably my MotM, didnt put a foot wrong all game especially after getting the early booking, and just for general sexiness. Miller, Spencer and Nesbitt all really good as well. MacIver doing a lot of work bringing others into to play. Morrison actually quite quiet by his standards but took his two goals really well. 

Just need to keep doing what we are doing and hopefully the results will keep coming. 21 games unbeaten is a great achievement so credit to everyone at the club 

7 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Only real negative was Hogarth, made a terrible error for the Accies goal and had quite a few other hairy moments. Made a couple of decent stops in the second half but I'd have Long back between the sticks for the next game. 

Long is definitely an upgrade on Hogarth in my opinion but neither of them fill me with confidence. While we are an attacking team and therefore our keeper isn't under so much pressure I would still love to see another goalie coming in during the window. Not a youngster, an old head. Don't know if it was on this thread or the Falkirk thread but somebody mentioned  "Gloves" McGovern. He would be great.

10 minutes ago, Bobthefish said:

The way the Falkirk support are acting you’d think they were achieving something incredible rather than playing a who’s who collection of diddies. Shameless diddy little club. 

A bit like the Dundee fans invading the pitch at Dingwall as if they had won the Champions League. 

Just now, Bobthefish said:

Let’s not pretend your attempt at becoming Falkirk chairman wasn’t keyboshed because of your ‘questionable’ social media comments. 

I wanted to be Falkirk Chairman? Heard it all now. Bearing in mind I live the best part of 300 miles from Falkirk that would have been slightly difficult. Bizarre post. 

11 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

This matches my view. It's hit his arm but was neither deliberate nor due to (I think it was Zanatta) deliberately making his body bigger. It's never a penalty.

It's a poor decision and, tbh, I don't see how you can give a penalty for handball in that particular scenario and not then caution the player.

I felt it was harsh but even the boy whose hand it struck didn't make any effort to complain about the decision . He just hangs his head and walks out the box. 

3 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Long is definitely an upgrade on Hogarth in my opinion but neither of them fill me with confidence. While we are an attacking team and therefore our keeper isn't under so much pressure I would still love to see another goalie coming in during the window. Not a youngster, an old head. Don't know if it was on this thread or the Falkirk thread but somebody mentioned  "Gloves" McGovern. He would be great.

McGovern's not played much football recently I don't think, so I'm not sure that we would be getting the player that left us? Would be a great signing if he was anywhere close to that standard though. Hamilton may be considering it too now that Fulton's crocked and I'm sure they'll have more money than us.