The big one II: Accies v Falkirk

Yeah I must admit I'm not confident for this game at all hopefully I'm proven wrong we certainly have the players to beat Falkirk but i don't trust Rankin one bit and think it's likely he will f**k it up as usual. Kilday will come back in for O'Brien which is good and I would start Henderson but there's been rumours going around that him and Rankin have fallen out if true falling out with your top goal scorer in the league is just exactly what you need when you are in a title race. My prediction is that he will put Barjonas back out wide where he is wasted in and he will start Tait who is rotten and we will fall to an embarrassing defeat Accies 0-2 Falkirk. 

I listened to the Falkirk Daft podcast last night and I find it interesting that the lad from the Hamilton podcast thinks on paper that they have the better players. 
I had a look and outside the keeper, the left back, Scott Martin and maybe Kilday I am not sure anyone else would improve us. 
Having said that there is a streetwise feel about the Hamilton side and we maybe are a bit softer centred. Going to be interesting. 

Edited by BPM Again

4 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Is the retail park near to NDP free parking and is it time restricted?

Yes to both.

The council car park on Beckford street is the designated car park for away fans and busses.

As for the game itself - we're both just as capable of winning it as we are stinking the place out. It wouldn't surprise me at all if the game is a repeat of the sparring contest in October.

Just now, Todd_is_God said:

Yes to both.

The council car park on Beckford street is the designated car park for away fans and busses.

As for the game itself - we're both just as capable of winning it as we are stinking the place out. It wouldn't surprise me at all if the game is a repeat of the sparring contest in October.

Thank you 👍

No idea how this will go. We are capable of properly having a go, but we haven't shown to be solid enough at defending transitions and at counter-pressing, so I wouldn't be surprised if we revert to how we played at Falkirk.

I'd opt for Barjonas on the left to give us a wee bit more control, but Tait mostly hasn't been great and Hewitt and Murray are pretty nothing players so that'd leave us a bit weaker in midfield. Henderson should return up front but I'd keep O'Hara in the front line. 

1 hour ago, SouthStander1876 said:

We had 21 shots on saturday and scored 2...

Maybe we are just that bit more direct? Hamilton had 23 shots at goal in their two games against Kelty whereas we managed 42. We're certainly not clinical, only very wasteful finishing on Saturday prevented us scoring 5 or 6. 

Difficult to know how the two teams will match up against eachother with the first affair being so cagey. Hopefully this time it will be a bit more open which will benefit us 

Would also disagree with the Hamilton fan on FD who said they have better players on paper. I reckon we just shade it but as we know football is played on grass...or plastic, and we have a long history of fucking up these kind of games 

The better players/squad on paper is a pretty tired exaggeration from Accies fans I’m sure it was discussed before the first game, but FWIW I’d say Fulton, Tumilty, Kilday, Longridge, Martin and maybe Dylan McGowan are superior to their counter parts at Falkirk.  Whereas Nesbitt, Morrison, Maciver, Spencer and an onform Agyeman would improve us no end.

18 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

The better players/squad on paper is a pretty tired exaggeration from Accies fans I’m sure it was discussed before the first game, but FWIW I’d say Fulton, Tumilty, Kilday, Longridge, Martin and maybe Dylan McGowan are superior to their counter parts at Falkirk.  Whereas Nesbitt, Morrison, Maciver, Spencer and an onform Agyeman would improve us no end.

Id agree with the full back 4 + GK being better for you guys apart from Lang going in ahead of Kilday/McGowan. Midfield 2 of Spencer and Martin, a three of Morrison, miller and probably barjonas with Maciver in front, Nesbitt doesnt even get in our best XI IMO.

5 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Fulton

Tumilty      Lang                Kilday       Longridge

Martin                   Spencer

Morrison           Barjonas                   Miller

MacIver

I think that's quite fair would maybe argue Euan Henderson over Miller