The big one II: Accies v Falkirk

3 hours ago, FuzzyBear said:

The new board still contains the egotistical maniac Strain.

Yeah I can see why there's a section of fans that will never like him after his actions last season which were disgraceful btw. I really like Seref though and from what I've heard he's a really good guy as well I do think in time Seref will get us up a league or 2. 

10 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Yeah I can see why there's a section of fans that will never like him after his actions last season which were disgraceful btw. I really like Seref though and from what I've heard he's a really good guy as well I do think in time Seref will get us up a league or 2. 

Agreed Seref seems like a breath of fresh air. Don't think Strain's nonsense ended last season as well known fan from Dumfries will  confirm.

1 hour ago, Mr Grimsdale said:

Pay gate now set up. What an absolute shower of shit Hamilton are. Taking punters for mugs. People making special trips to Falkirk to get tickets and Hamilton taking no cost into consideration for fans and the admin costs of Falkirk. Tin pot 

Told  you all this would happen as it always does for these types of games,so no surprise.

Tbh,I don't agree with the way this is always done for big away supports but last season we played Airdrie and Fanbase showed the away end completely sold out only for there to be a few hundred empty seats in the Airdrie end,so who knows if this played a part?

Just remembered we played East Kilbride a few months ago in The Challenge Cup and it was Fanbase for home fans and physical tickets for us,so a big fuss about nothing.

Edited by Ye Olde Hamiltonian

3 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

It caused literally thousands of people massive inconvenience because they had to make what was an unnecessary visit to the club shop when they could have been doing other things. Not everyone lives five minutes from the stadium. Never mind Falkirk having to open the shop for longer hours than normal, all of which costs money. 

You may have told us it would happen - and Falkirk expected it - but until your club confirmed the presence of a pay gate everyone had to jump through hoops to get tickets. 

Hardly a big fuss about nothing. 

🙌 That quote typifies a supporter of a club with no heart or soul for fellow fans - sad but there it is I guess 

2 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

🙌 That quote typifies a supporter of a club with no heart or soul for fellow fans - sad but there it is I guess 

Mate .. don’t blame the fans for the club fucking up …nothing short of disgraceful the way the ticket fiasco has played out ….

42 minutes ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

Tbh,I don't agree with the way this is always done for big away supports but last season we played Airdrie and Fanbase showed the away end completely sold out only for there to be a few hundred empty seats in the Airdrie end,so who knows if this played a part?

The Airdrie who last season were averaging 800 or so supporters at home were going to bring 2,000 through to Hamilton?

Fairly convinced Falkirk should've called the bluff originally. Hamilton planning on turning away their biggest gate of the season is just a bit daft.

They'd have relented as they have now and Falkirk would have made their PR blunder even bigger, and made it even more toxic on Saturday which should be a cracker of an atmosphere already.

2 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

The Airdrie who last season were averaging 800 or so supporters at home were going to bring 2,000 through to Hamilton?

Pretty sure Airdrie did end up bringing close to or over 2k I’m sure they sold out their e-tickets. BBC has the attendance for that game as 3,429

Well it's certainly been set up for tomorrow, with the people at our club managing to piss off the Falkirk support, so might be a slightly more hostile atmosphere than there normally would have been.

As for the game itself, don't agree with a lot of what i'm reading. I think this game could be even more cagey than the first. Rankin will certainly set us out not to lose, convinced of this after the last game of last season, where we really needed to win but he was happy to settle for a draw. Don't know about Falkirk, but being away surely they might start out more reserved than they would at home.

So far this season even in the games where we’ve struggled to break teams down we’ve always set up in the same way and been very attack minded which has been refreshing, we get the ball forward a lot quicker and are more direct than we were last season so I’m expecting much the same tomorrow. I’d expect with a point probably being a better result for us than Hamilton and with Hamilton being the home side Rankin will set up to win also and play more expansively than he did for the game at TFS, could be proven totally wrong here and it ends up a 0-0 borefest but I think it’ll be an open game with goals in it which should suit our style of play and hopefully see us coming away with the 3 points. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

5 hours ago, G51 Red said:

Mate .. don’t blame the fans for the club fucking up …nothing short of disgraceful the way the ticket fiasco has played out ….

Hi mate 🤔

Suggest you reread what is being said…….but in case you missed it I will repeat it here. We were inconvenienced by your club’s behaviour & don't need patronising comments as per your fellow fan’s quote …….. Accies by name but Awkward by nature 🙌