Raith Rovers vs Ayr United, 22 Dec

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Enjoyed the referee playing advantage when we should’ve had a penalty in the first half there. Never seen that before 😂

Shouldn't have needed it. Hamilton should have played Mullin through when he got the ball. Didn't think it was a penalty from where I was sitting.

Spending all game laughing at Ayrs number 46, the wee guy does everything at about 100mph. Takes about 10 quick wee touches to turn round and then smashes a pass 10 yards. Getting a lot of space but totally ineffectual. 

Well, fuck.

We had applied ourselves well for most of the half. Game gone now though. Quite frustrating as I didn't feel Raith had really got going in the first half for more than small spells. 

A quality 2nd goal from Rovers. Would need to see the red again, but it did look very fucking daft from McGinty.

Watching the stream and I think even the comms were surprised to see the red card out - looked innocuous. I think Easton has done well to sell it, McGinty's got a lazy leg out there and he's made it look like he's been cut in two. Never a red for me, but it's done with and we've gone and conceded a headed goal to someone who's not exactly got an aerial presence. 

2 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Suspicious Monkey GIF by MOODMAN

Regardless of what happens in the 2nd half, this formation definitely suits us much better than 442.

It gives us decent possession in the middle of the park and should allow space for the likes of Chalmers, Amartey, Murphy and as we saw tonight McGeady.

Promising signs for the rest of the season, appreciate other's might see it differently.

The 2nd half will give us an idea of the teams mental strength. Down to 10 men away from home. Let's see how it goes.

3 minutes ago, AuAl said:

Would need to see the red again, but it did look very fucking daft from McGinty.

It was fucking daft. He's just been spoken to and he decides to tackle someone above the knee when the ball has gone. He should be savvy enough to not be drawn into that. It was on about the half way line as well. 

2 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Suspicious Monkey GIF by MOODMAN

Yeah, this game is toast. Unless Napier realises he’s a reactionary clown and levels up the numbers, beating in mind there has barely been a challenge in the game….We will be lucky to keep it at 2-1 

With only one centre half in the team and two dodgy fullbacks, if we are still 2-1 after an hour, McGeady, Chalmers and Amartey will be hooked for Smith, Senga and Syla to try and suffocate the midfield

2 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

Watching the stream and I think even the comms were surprised to see the red card out - looked innocuous. I think Easton has done well to sell it, McGinty's got a lazy leg out there and he's made it look like he's been cut in two. Never a red for me, but it's done with and we've gone and conceded a headed goal to someone who's not exactly got an aerial presence. 

It was the height of the leg of McGinty in the challenge. When the replay was shown, the commentary crew changed to agreeing a likely red. The immediate reaction of the ref was digging for the red, no delay, no thought, so he saw the challenge from a pretty good angle, and could see exactly where McGinty’s foot/leg was versus Easton. As several others note, after the ref has talked to you and not given a yellow moments before, a reckless high challenge is mental.

Just now, BukyOHare said:

Regardless of what happens in the 2nd half, this formation definitely suits us much better than 442.

It gives us decent possession in the middle of the park and should allow space for the likes of Chalmers, Amartey, Murphy and as we saw tonight McGeady.

Promising signs for the rest of the season, appreciate other's might see it differently.

The 2nd half will give us an idea of the teams mental strength. Down to 10 men away from home. Let's see how it goes.

I agree that the 4-2-3-1 works better for us. We have played pretty well today as well. The monkey eyes were in relation to the 2nd half with 10 men, we ain't getting anything out of this game now.

Just now, Trogdor said:

It was fucking daft. He's just been spoken to and he decides to tackle someone above the knee when the ball has gone. He should be savvy enough to not be drawn into that. It was on about the half way line as well. 

Surely the ball is there to be challenged for, especially on that surface as the ball has bounced to the height it was at.

He hasn't been dangerous, out of control or reckless, but its been given by the ref and that's what counts.

Just now, eez-eh said:

Can the phrase “gave the ref a decision to make” be filed in the bin please.

Believe it or not that on it’s own isn’t justification for pulling out red card before the ref boy has even hit the floor.

Not a justification, but a fact. Why do something that you KNOW a will cause the referee to have to act in some way?