The story of bojan miovski, Vincent and stolen meadowbank dreams

Well, Europe is done and we meekly lost a cup final. 

It is now imperative for Barry Robsons Aberdeen career that he put some wins together in the league. On paper, a home game against the leagues bottom side should be just the ticket. But I can’t be the only one anticipating another hideously flat performance that we scrape through at best. 

I thought livi were reasonably solid on the opening day of the season and held us at arms length throughout. Seems like it’s not gone well for them since but I predict we’ll find them very difficult again. 

Edited by Dons_1988

• Dons_1988 changed the title to The Dons v Livi
25 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I predict we’ll find them very difficult again. 

May want to rethink that. We haven't scored in around 8 games and haven't scored from open play since the 7th of October. If Aberdeen can score then they will win the game comfortably. 

As Livi fans we all live in hope that Martindale will pick a starting 11 and system that is attacking and involves our best players but alas it is likely we'll see Sean Kelly, Kurtis Guthrie and Andrew Shinnie all starting again with the likes of Bruce Anderson, Stephen Kelly and Steven Bradley all rotting on the bench. 

2 minutes ago, Livi La Vida Loca said:

May want to rethink that. We haven't scored in around 8 games and haven't scored from open play since the 7th of October. If Aberdeen can score then they will win the game comfortably. 

As Livi fans we all live in hope that Martindale will pick a starting 11 and system that is attacking and involves our best players but alas it is likely we'll see Sean Kelly, Kurtis Guthrie and Andrew Shinnie all starting again with the likes of Bruce Anderson, Stephen Kelly and Steven Bradley all rotting on the bench. 

Like I said. 0-0.

All Martindale has to do is set up the team to counter our one and only tactic. I'll not say what it is because he might be the only person in Scotland not to have noticed it.

Edited by Suspect Device

29 minutes ago, Livi La Vida Loca said:

I think Shinnie is a good player but agree he shouldn't be first choice because Stephen Kelly is better. Those two are the wrong way around in the squad hierarchy.

27 minutes ago, Freedom Farter said:

I think Shinnie is a good player but agree he shouldn't be first choice because Stephen Kelly is better. Those two are the wrong way around in the squad hierarchy.

Over the years I've probably been overly critical of Shinnie but have come to realise it's because he's just not made for a Livi system IMO. He's a good player absolutely but I see him as a back up to Holt. I agree Stephen Kelly should absolutely start over him. I'm desperate to see a midfield of St. Kelly, Holt and Pittman. Sangare and Pittman could also alternate. 

Come friendly bombs and fall on Pittodrie!
It isn't fit for humans now,
There isn't grass to graze a cow.
Swarm over, Death!
Come, bombs and blow to smithereens
Those air -conditioned, bright canteens,
Tinned fruit, tinned meat, tinned milk, tinned toasters,
Tinned minds, tinned breath.

Time for our annual midweek trip to Pittodrie already? Does anyone else have to go away to Aberdeen on a cold midweek as often as us? Last season was the only season we didn't have one but including tomorrow it's 4 in December and one in February since we came up.

Very very dull thing to bring up but it's about as exciting as our performances this season.

No chance we get the win so hopefully Aberdeen are burst enough from the last 7 days, maybe we can get the 0-0 that Martindale will desperately set up for. 

Edited by LiviLion

This is another of those match threads where both sets of fans say how shit their team is and they're going to lose 1-0. I'm going to be positive and say we will win by a couple of goals. Overall, the last two home games have been ok, good in places, so we have to be winning this comfortably. If we don't win I'll be joining the new manager clique.

8 hours ago, DukDukGoose said:

Long balls on to his head for 90 mins are a dream for Mikey Devlin.

8 hours ago, Flammable sheep said:

Wishlist: 

Drop the back 5, MacDonald in defence, Dante in midfield, attacking football, 3 points.

Expectations:

5-3-2, hoofball, Shinnie and Clarkson toiling away fruitlessly, no subs until 75 mins, losing 0-1 from a late corner, Robson is "frustrated" but still employed

Sounds like another game where the ball will get altitude sickness, we'll also be punting it long and high towards Guthrie. 

Good seeing Montano was back in our squad though, and got a sub appearance against Killie at the weekend, the one player we have that actually keeps it on the deck and runs up the pitch making things happen. I'd say Nouble would've been another when he can be arsed, but he rarely does these days.

Anderson has come so close to scoring the last 2 games, Hibs keeper pulling off a good save to stop Anderson scoring, then him hitting the post rom the penalty spot on Saturday, maybe this will be the game he'll get that elusive goal. Might help if he's in the starting line up, yeah i'm being silly now.

The rope-a-dope fixtures are over.

Time for Barry to show he is a manager that can deliver enterprising attacking football - and still keep us solid.

Or will he play 9 or 10 of Sunday’s team and complain about being tired, whilst it not being an excuse and how the players couldn’t give any more and him being proud of them and that was Glasgow rangers football club who just beat Betis etc etc