The story of bojan miovski, Vincent and stolen meadowbank dreams

First of all ,there's no doubt most of the Livi players put in a good shift,but still not good enough for even a point.

Pittman had plenty energy running about,snapping at the heel's of players,but no decent passing or driving forward what he's there for

Shinnie at least tried,but his lack of mobility and energy is not good enough

Holt looked better  the second half playing more forward than sitting too deep,his final ball was poor

Stephen Kelly  done nothing when he came on, never goes looking for a ball

Nouble was invisible first half,second half was more involved,but produced nothing he looks burnt out, even from the start.

Guthrie done a power of running ,play's too deep to have much influence,with no backup from the midfield  doesn't help

Penrice was Livi's best player

Bruce Anderson missed an easy chance and cost the team  a draw, along with the penalty miss last week that's 3 points

I've never liked the idea of a wing back's, get back to the old style winger who stays in the opposition s half, a good winger if he gets a decent service from midfield  will create more chances for the strikers,and stops the strikers coming too deep like what's happening with Guthrie

The first half, up until the equaliser, was another painful watch. The 5-3-2/3-5-2 was entirely self-defeating; again, unnecessarily limiting the available passing options and restricting our movement. I could understand the fans getting frustrated at the likes of Gartenmann for his distribution, but the options too often were simply not there: it was either back to Roos or a hopeful punt over the top against a well-structured and relatively deep-lying defensive unit. We were far too easy to play against and Livingston, without doing anything spectacular, were able to shut us down without any issues. 

We were better in the second half, and especially once we moved to 4-3-3. Duk and Morris stretched the game effectively, and Duk especially had them on toast for about twenty minutes. The available passing options improved and our movement got better. Polvara especially seemed to be benefiting from the game opening up a bit, and some of his passing was much more incisive and positive. It was very far from perfect, or perhaps even good, but it was better - and I think over the piece we just about deserved to win the game. 

On an individual level, Miovski's finishes were excellent and his movement was typically impressive. I'm looking forward to seeing the header back because it looked like a top-class finish at the game, and it was at a hugely important time for the team and the fans, out of basically nothing and what looked like a decent but fairly optimistic Devlin cross. Polvara stepped up in the second half and took more ownership of the ball, showed more incisiveness, which is what I want to see from him. Duk was much more effective when moved wide in the 4-3-3 and deserves huge credit for his role in the winner. As has been said, though, we are not getting the best from Clarkson and Shinnie at the moment, especially in the 3-5-2 against teams who are happy to contain and counter-attack, so that is something Robson tactically still has to work out, although I thought some of Polvara's running did ease the burden on Shinnie at times tonight. McGarry, unfortunately, played like a left-footed version of Jack Gurr. If we didn't know after the goal on Sunday why Robson has generally been preferring Hayes in 'bigger' games recently, we can't be in too much doubt after that. 

1 hour ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Didn't deserve to lose tonight. Miovski showed the difference a proper striker can make

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

I don't think I can be arsed listening to Martindale say we played well and didn't deserve to lose. Same old shite every time.

8 hours ago, Stylish Kid said:

Not getting the Livi hate here. They might be a new club and used to be a load of fat men who made missiles , but it's good a town like Livingston has that rather than just breeding yet more old firm fans 

A stolen club that claims another cub's history. https://livingstonfc.co.uk/club/club-honours/

A disgraceful club that has no place in the Scottish football community. No idea why people give them a pass. Imagine Hearts being moved to another town against the wishes of the support, having the name changed, and the new mob claiming our history? That sounds ok? And their fans show essentially zero contrition for this. Their attitudes generally being indifference to the club they murdered, smugness about it, or attempts to justify it. They are footballing scum.

Their liquidation will be sweet, sweet justice.

f**k them.

Edited by VincentGuerin

6 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

True, but something is definitely afoot with Barron

Absolutely. 
The obvious conclusion is that he’s told the club he’s turned down their contract & won’t be re-signing.

He should still be used though.  

Shinnie won’t be able to play 6 games (from League Cup to winter break) in 17 days effectively, & we’re quite light in numbers there.

Use him, punt him in January, bring in 2 new midfielders, even if one is a loan. 

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

A stolen club that claims another cub's history. https://livingstonfc.co.uk/club/club-honours/

A disgraceful club that has no place in the Scottish football community. No idea why people give them a pass. Imagine Hearts being moved to another town against the wishes of the support, having the name changed, and the new mob claiming our history? That sounds ok? And their fans show essentially zero contrition for this. Their attitudes generally being indifference to the club they murdered, smugness about it, or attempts to justify it. They are footballing scum.

f**k them.

LFC last thing on his mind as he go's to his bed,first thing on his mind as he wakes............

Living in Virgin G's head rent free .

2 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

f**k them.

I think "not getting the Livi hate" has less to do with not being aware of our history and more to do with not understanding your obsession with it.  

1 hour ago, Thenorthernlight said:

26 apparently.

And well done to every one of them. 

Traipsing up to Pittodrie, in midweek, 5 days before Xmas, when you haven’t scored for 7 games, is tremendous dedication.

During an injury break I counted 28 and I agree that they are all to commended. Unless of course they were all students at Aberdeen Uni.

9 hours ago, DrewDon said:

The first half, up until the equaliser, was another painful watch. The 5-3-2/3-5-2 was entirely self-defeating; again, unnecessarily limiting the available passing options and restricting our movement. I could understand the fans getting frustrated at the likes of Gartenmann for his distribution, but the options too often were simply not there: it was either back to Roos or a hopeful punt over the top against a well-structured and relatively deep-lying defensive unit. We were far too easy to play against and Livingston, without doing anything spectacular, were able to shut us down without any issues. 

We were better in the second half, and especially once we moved to 4-3-3. Duk and Morris stretched the game effectively, and Duk especially had them on toast for about twenty minutes. The available passing options improved and our movement got better. Polvara especially seemed to be benefiting from the game opening up a bit, and some of his passing was much more incisive and positive. It was very far from perfect, or perhaps even good, but it was better - and I think over the piece we just about deserved to win the game. 

On an individual level, Miovski's finishes were excellent and his movement was typically impressive. I'm looking forward to seeing the header back because it looked like a top-class finish at the game, and it was at a hugely important time for the team and the fans, out of basically nothing and what looked like a decent but fairly optimistic Devlin cross. Polvara stepped up in the second half and took more ownership of the ball, showed more incisiveness, which is what I want to see from him. Duk was much more effective when moved wide in the 4-3-3 and deserves huge credit for his role in the winner. As has been said, though, we are not getting the best from Clarkson and Shinnie at the moment, especially in the 3-5-2 against teams who are happy to contain and counter-attack, so that is something Robson tactically still has to work out, although I thought some of Polvara's running did ease the burden on Shinnie at times tonight. McGarry, unfortunately, played like a left-footed version of Jack Gurr. If we didn't know after the goal on Sunday why Robson has generally been preferring Hayes in 'bigger' games recently, we can't be in too much doubt after that. 

Careful Drew, you'll get a reputation for being insightful.

9 hours ago, DrewDon said:

Pretty much my thoughts.

Lost count with the amount of times one of the centre backs had the ball with no pass on because everyone just sprinted forward for the long ball. You will have a hard time convincing me that's not coached.