The story of bojan miovski, Vincent and stolen meadowbank dreams

3 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Inverness is a completely different situation - that was a merger of two clubs who both approved the move. Clachnacuddin were originally proposed to be part of it but chose not to be involved. Meadowbank were moved against the will of their fanbase to another town.

Yep, but Vincent peddles the lie Livingston are like some Airdrie Utd situation, a team that took another team's registration/identity and made it our own, whereas it was Meadowbank Thistle's owner took the club, players, management, everything, and moved to Livingston, like they did before, and changed their name. Seems to be moving to Livingston and not another part of Edinburgh is his issue, and boy does he have issues. The venom and hate towards not just Livingston, but its supporters, that just isn't healthy, esp when it's absolutely nothing personally to do with him as a Hearts fan.

Again he's hijacked a thread that has nothing to do with him and made it all about his unhealthy hatred of Livingston.

11 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yep, but Vincent peddles the lie Livingston are like some Airdrie Utd situation, a team that took another team's registration/identity and made it our own, whereas it was Meadowbank Thistle's owner took the club, players, management, everything, and moved to Livingston, like they did before, and changed their name. Seems to be moving to Livingston and not another part of Edinburgh is his issue, and boy does he have issues. The venom and hate towards not just Livingston, but its supporters, that just isn't healthy, esp when it's absolutely nothing personally to do with him as a Hearts fan.

Again he's hijacked a thread that has nothing to do with him and made it all about his unhealthy hatred of Livingston.

No, this is incorrect.

Airdrie are vile as well, but I don't compare you to them, I compare you to MK Dons.

You're both a sack of absolute shite. You stole another community's club and now you have the absolute front to claim its history. You're an embarrassment.

The change from Ferranti to Meadowbank is not the same thing. They had to move and change their name to join the league. It's extremely bad faith when people try to paint this as the same thing. Again, something Livi fans try to use the passing of time and relative obscurity of Meadowbank to get away with.

It's funny when the Livi fans go on about my "venom" or "obsession" with them. Let me be clear. It's nothing to do with local rivalry or Livi as a team or whatever. I've never knowingly known a Livingston fan. They're an irrelevance in terms of rivalry etc.

But I'm a football fan, and I have standards in that regard. I 100% object to clubs being stolen from their supporters. And that's what your club is. I find it amazing that in Scotland's supposedly authentic and raw footballing culture, Livingston have been allowed to slither in and are treated like a normal club. People actually question why I hate a club that stole another club's history. Mad. You should be pariahs like MK Dons. You're the exact same thing as them, and I honestly will raise a glass to it the day your club dies. All fitba fans who care about the game's governance should.

Edited by VincentGuerin

26 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

No, this is incorrect.

Airdrie are vile as well, but I don't compare you to them, I compare you to MK Dons.

You're both a sack of absolute shite. You stole another community's club and now you have the absolute front to claim its history. You're an embarrassment.

The change from Ferranti to Meadowbank is not the same thing. They had to move and change their name to join the league. It's extremely bad faith when people try to paint this as the same thing. Again, something Livi fans try to use the passing of time and relative obscurity of Meadowbank to get away with.

It's funny when the Livi fans go on about my "venom" or "obsession" with them. Let me be clear. It's nothing to do with local rivalry or Livi as a team or whatever. I've never knowingly known a Livingston fan. They're an irrelevance in terms of rivalry etc.

But I'm a football fan, and I have standards in that regard. I 100% object to clubs being stolen from their supporters. And that's what your club is. I find it amazing that in Scotland's supposedly authentic and raw footballing culture, Livingston have been allowed to slither in and are treated like a normal club. People actually question why I hate a club that stole another club's history. Mad. You should be pariahs like MK Dons. You're the exact same thing as them, and I honestly will raise a glass to it the day your club dies. All fitba fans who care about the game's governance should.

Absolute virgin behaviour. Get out of your maws basement and get a life, maybe a job too.

2 hours ago, Enrico Pallazzo said:

If anyone's interested, there's a brief summary of the last days of Meadowbank Thistle on the One Touch Football forum here -

https://www.onetouchfootball.com/forum/one-touch-football/football/2610759-which-ugly-sister-do-you-fancy-scottish-fitba-2022-23/page21#post2742907

Interesting post by Mr McLean on OTF.

Now I wonder if @tamthebamwas a member of the Supporters Club or the Brake Club?

Or is he indeed Mr McLean?

1 hour ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

I wasn't saying the situations were comparable, I said that I disagreed with the formation of ICT because it signalled the demise of Inverness Thistle and Inverness Caley. The clubs may have approved but many fans of these two great old clubs didn't and were lost to football in Scotland.

Meadowbank Thistle themselves had replaced Ferranti Thistle only twenty or so years previously and had been moved from the Ferranti Thistle home. I suppose what goes around comes around in the case of Meadowbank Thistle.

For that reason, I'm not inclined to think that the Livingston/Meadowbank Thistle is on the same level as MK Dons/Wimbledon which I thought was awful, although I'm not entirely comfortable with the Meadowbank situation either.

This is probably analogous to my feelings on the situation 

29 minutes ago, Binghams Buckteeth said:

Absolute virgin behaviour. Get out of your maws basement and get a life, maybe a job too.

Slightly concerning that many of the Livi responses to me seem to be sexualised. You lads are weird.

And there's never a coherent response in defence (because one doesn't exist). Just "U R A VIRGIN".

My perceived lack of sexual prowess aside, how would you feel if Livi were moved to Glasgow despite the fans protesting against it, renamed Glasgow North FC, and the new team listed themselves as 2004 League Cup winners?

Edited by VincentGuerin

13 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Slightly concerning that many of the Livi responses to me seem to be sexualised. You lads are weird.

And there's never a coherent response in defence (because one doesn't exist). Just "U R A VIRGIN".

My perceived lack of sexual prowess aside, how would you feel if Livi were moved to Glasgow despite the fans protesting against it, renamed Glasgow North FC, and the new team listed themselves as 2004 League Cup winners?

We are weird? Why do you care so much about Livingston Football Club? It’s  all a bit weird the way you are banging on about us.

We don’t claim any honours that Ferrari Thistle or Meadowbank Thistle won during their existence, I have no idea where you are getting that one from considering you’ve also said you don’t personally know any Livi fans either?

Let’s be honest here - Meadowbank we’re getting gates of a couple of hundred and weren’t going to last or grow. Much the same as what is happening to Edinburgh City who currently play at Meadowbank. 

Every club has a different history, it just so happens that this is a part of ours so deal with it and stop being a proper weirdo.

Edited by Binghams Buckteeth

2 minutes ago, Binghams Buckteeth said:

We are weird? Why do you care so much about Livingston Football Club? It’s  all a bit weird the way you are banging on about us.

We don’t claim any honours that Ferrari Thistle or Meadowbank Thistle won during their existence, I have no idea where you are getting that one from considering you’ve also said you don’t personally know any Livi fans either?

Let’s be honest here - Meadowbank we’re getting gates of a couple of hundred and weren’t going to last or grow. Much the same as what is happening to Edinburgh City who currently play at Meadowbank. 

Every club has a different history, I just so happens that this is a part of ours so deal with it and stop being a proper weirdo.

https://livingstonfc.co.uk/club/club-honours/

Any opinion on this?

I've explained already why I care so much.

You never answered my question. Would you care to?

Edited by VincentGuerin

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

No, this is incorrect.

What do you feel about football clubs (Sevco/Hearts for example) cheating by spending money they dont have and then screwing over creditors by paying them a few pence per £ (Hearts) or just going bust (Sevco)?

Snake like behaviour if you ask me.

Also the Livi fans are correct about you.

You spent a few days hijacking threads not so long ago to say you dont care about football/Hearts anymore. You then try troll Aberdeen fans / hibs fans and now livi fans in the period after. 

Very odd behaviour from a very odd man 😆

Edited by afc_blockhead

3 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

What do you feel about football clubs (Sevco/Hearts for example) cheating by spending money they dont have and then screwing over creditors by paying them a few pence per £ (Hearts) or just going bust (Sevco)?

Snake like behaviour if you ask me.

Also the Livi fans are correct about you.

You spent a few days hijacking threads not so long ago to say you dont care about football/Hearts anymore. You then try troll Aberdeen fans / hibs fans and now livi fans in the period after. 

Very odd behaviour from a very odd man 😆

I've never said I don't care about football.

Like most things you post, well off the mark.

Ferranti broke some rules and to dodge consequences a local newspaper ran a comp to rename. 

Meadowbank support was dwindling, perhaps due to 2 'big' Edinburgh clubs swallowing up local support like a superstore destroys local stores, same was happening to other small teams.

Many fans followed the club out to livi, and we have fans in Edinburgh and further afield (guessing most clubs do), some of these fans if they used these toxic forums, could well put you in your place. 

In the halls of the club, we honour all iterations of the club, from team photos of Ferranti/Meadowbank and Livi, and embrace the past and all the history

You have a problem with the past is seems, and choose to ignore the efforts made by dedicated Livingston fans who might not even know about some of this 30 year old story. Some fans were not even born then and have only known the club as it is now, you are diminishing these' innocent' fans commitments to their club, which is a real as is yours to your club

And if the past concerns you so much, why don't you like Hibs? You let them in...

16 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

I've deleted the last 10 or so posts since yous are talking absolutely shite that has nothing to do with Dons vs Livi. Please quit with the irrelevant abuse or you'll be put on the naughty step. 

I reported abusive comments in this thread but clearly nowt was done about it !

3 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Interesting post by Mr McLean on OTF.

Now I wonder if @tamthebamwas a member of the Supporters Club or the Brake Club?

Or is he indeed Mr McLean?

I was too young to drink initially so I was Supporters' Club although I knew (and still do know) a lot of Brakies. 

And the only McLean I resemble is Jolly Jim :P

13 minutes ago, Menzel said:

How is one person so rattled by the existence of a football club?

A football club that has no links to as well, moving to another location, and happened 28 years ago. Can't be healthy.

Reading that post from Mr McLean about Meadowbank, there are more Meadowbank Thistle fans now supporting Livi, than there was going to support Edin City.

Seems a bit of twisted morality, wanting the club some of the Meadowbank fans carried on supporting, to die, because Meadowbank fc was moved to Livingston, and a lot of their fans chose not to follow it. So f**k the ones that did, and have kids supporting Livi now.  I was at a cup game a few years back and sat next to an old fella who was from Edinburgh, got talking to him and he told me he went to Meadowbank games, and now comes through to support Livi, had his grandson with him too. I've met several others over the years that are still going to games as Livi fans.