The story of bojan miovski, Vincent and stolen meadowbank dreams

2 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

A stolen club that claims another cub's history. https://livingstonfc.co.uk/club/club-honours/

A disgraceful club that has no place in the Scottish football community. No idea why people give them a pass. Imagine Hearts being moved to another town against the wishes of the support, having the name changed, and the new mob claiming our history? That sounds ok? And their fans show essentially zero contrition for this. Their attitudes generally being indifference to the club they murdered, smugness about it, or attempts to justify it. They are footballing scum.

Their liquidation will be sweet, sweet justice.

f**k them.

Nah don't really care TBQH (important context: I didn't grow up in Edinburgh as a kid, and to the best of my knowledge have never met a Meadowbank Thistle fan, and I am only consciously familiar as a football fan with Livingston) They were a lower league non-club effectively before. Look it's before my time - but Edinburgh, particularly in the late 20th century was not a city that could support more than 2 decent sized competitive clubs. And when they moved they'd been in the senior leagues for what, 20 years? In the late C19th and early C20th clubs moved around loads. Arsenal and Millwall for example are both miles from where they started. It took us 7 years to get to Gorgie ourselves. I mean if we're gonna get into the minutae of moving grounds, IIRC Ferranti's "home" is closer to Gorgie than Meadowbank. 

On reflection I understand your issue with them claiming Meadowbank's honours, but I'm not going to get overly excited about an ex-works team changing name or location within 25 years of being admitted to the senior leagues.

8 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

During an injury break I counted 28 and I agree that they are all to commended. Unless of course they were all students at Aberdeen Uni.

I wonder how many Livi fans from P&B attended and subsequently what then record is for highest % of a crowd being P&B members is? 🤔

2 minutes ago, Stylish Kid said:

Nah don't really care TBQH (important context: I didn't grow up in Edinburgh as a kid, and to the best of my knowledge have never met a Meadowbank Thistle fan, and I am only consciously familiar as a football fan with Livingston) They were a lower league non-club effectively before. Look it's before my time - but Edinburgh, particularly in the late 20th century was not a city that could support more than 2 decent sized competitive clubs. And when they moved they'd been in the senior leagues for what, 20 years? In the late C19th and early C20th clubs moved around loads. Arsenal and Millwall for example are both miles from where they started. It took us 7 years to get to Gorgie ourselves. I mean if we're gonna get into the minutae of moving grounds, IIRC Ferranti's "home" is closer to Gorgie than Meadowbank. 

On reflection I understand your issue with them claiming Meadowbank's honours, but I'm not going to get overly excited about an ex-works team changing name or location within 25 years of being admitted to the senior leagues.

It’s really not worth engaging with them on this topic as they just can’t accept that different people hold different views on the matter.

8 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

True, but something is definitely afoot with Barron

Great word, shamefully underused.

Two league games in a row we've come back from a goal down to win.

Edited by Jacksgranda

2 wins on the bounce in the league. Just got to keep the momentum going.

We looked a lot more positive when we changed the formation to 4-3-3. Duk in particular really came to life as a result.

Morris looks more promising since returning from injury. His pace could be a real asset going forward. There's something there to work with. I thought he did well when he came on last night.

Miovski aside, I thought Polvara was our MOTM yesterday. Did a lot of things right. He's certainly returned from his loan spell an improved player. I'm delighted for him.

McGarry didn't have a particularly great game however he's just returned from injury and showed moments of being a good player earlier this season. Far too early to write him off. After seeing Morris' and Polvara's recent improvements I'm happy to give him time. Plus Hayes should be fresh for this weekend. Any idea when McKenzie is back from injury?

I hope we don't phase Barron out of the team due to a potential breakdown in talks/signing a PCA elsewhere. I'm of the opinion we should play him if he's needed and available. I hope to see him feature against Dundee this weekend. Barron and McGrath could both start this weekend to freshen things up.

Miovski is turning into some player for us. Just curious what transfer fee others think we can realistically negotiate for him. For me, a club record sale of an initial fee of 5.5 million plus add ons.

56 minutes ago, Stylish Kid said:

People make this excuse for Livi a lot, and in the context of nobody in Scotland seeming arsed about it, I do understand people viewing it this way.

But I don't think we can be selective about these things. You either think stealing a club from its community is wrong or that it isn't. Claiming the honours compounds the crime and really is dreadful.

I find Livingston an offensive thing, and I'm not really arsed if other folk don't get that. I think it's weird that so few people object to them. Genuinely don't get it. The whole episode is a stain on our game.

Livi fans hide behind the passing of time and the low profile of Meadowbank to obfuscate, make false comparisons, and try to confuse the issue. It's very clear. They support a club that was stolen from its community against the wishes of its fanbase. Anyone who doesn't think that is shite baffles me.

People get all worked up about clubs in strife etc, but I'd honestly be chuffed to bits if Livi went bust. They are a stolen club who would not be missed. It would be poetic justice.

Edited by VincentGuerin

The whole episode......30yrs ago.

Let that sink in .

I'm from "western" West Lothian,not Livi and i hav LFC running thru my veins,it's like a fuckin drug sunshine. 

You looking to point the finger then do so in Bill Hunter's direction. 

I'm gonna whack one of tonight thinking about VG obsessing nite after nite about LFC.

If anyone's interested, there's a brief summary of the last days of Meadowbank Thistle on the One Touch Football forum here -

https://www.onetouchfootball.com/forum/one-touch-football/football/2610759-which-ugly-sister-do-you-fancy-scottish-fitba-2022-23/page21#post2742907

Edited by Enrico Pallazzo

2 hours ago, Dav nan Gael said:

The whole episode......30yrs ago.

Let that sink in .

I'm from "western" West Lothian,not Livi and i hav LFC running thru my veins,it's like a fuckin drug sunshine. 

You looking to point the finger then do so in Bill Hunter's direction. 

I'm gonna whack one of tonight thinking about VG obsessing nite after nite about LFC.

As an aside, what happened to the guy that used to turn up with the drum?

3 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I’m not sure if I’ve been ground down by watching Barry Robsons Aberdeen, but I’m starting to have hope that shayden morris could be a bit of a player. There, I said it. 

He's got a bit of work to do yet to convince everyone; however, I've been banging his drum since the 1-2 reverse at Tynecatle at the end of last season when I thought he looked lively and had potential whilst most were giving him, what I felt, was unfair criticism.

His ball distribution needs to improve though, last night he could've had an assist if he had spotted the pass rather than offering a rather tame shot into the keeper's arms.

People make this excuse for Livi a lot, and in the context of nobody in Scotland seeming arsed about it, I do understand people viewing it this way.

But I don't think we can be selective about these things. You either think stealing a club from its community is wrong or that it isn't. Claiming the honours compounds the crime and really is dreadful.

I find Livingston an offensive thing, and I'm not really arsed if other folk don't get that. I think it's weird that so few people object to them. Genuinely don't get it. The whole episode is a stain on our game.

Livi fans hide behind the passing of time and the low profile of Meadowbank to obfuscate, make false comparisons, and try to confuse the issue. It's very clear. They support a club that was stolen from its community against the wishes of its fanbase. Anyone who doesn't think that is shite baffles me.

People get all worked up about clubs in strife etc, but I'd honestly be chuffed to bits if Livi went bust. They are a stolen club who would not be missed. It would be poetic justice.

I must say that I'm inclined to agree with you regarding their origins and the demise of Meadowbank Thistle just as much as I disagree with the formation of 'Inverness Caledonian Thistle'.

Neither has really captured the love of their communities yet.

You need some therapy son, nobody should be this upset and twisted inside about another football club.

2 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

I must say that I'm inclined to agree with you regarding their origins and the demise of Meadowbank Thistle just as much as I disagree with the formation of 'Inverness Caledonian Thistle'.

Inverness is a completely different situation - that was a merger of two clubs who both approved the move. Clachnacuddin were originally proposed to be part of it but chose not to be involved. Meadowbank were moved against the will of their fanbase to another town.

2 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Too many Sevco, Celtic, Hibs and Hearts fans around West Lothian, added to the admins and shite that entailed, isn't an easy job building a big fanbase. On the 2nd generation of Livi supporting kids now though, a bit of stability the last 7 years will have helped build ties in the business community with sponsors etc, but it'll take time. 

6 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Inverness is a completely different situation - that was a merger of two clubs who both approved the move. Clachnacuddin were originally proposed to be part of it but chose not to be involved. Meadowbank were moved against the will of their fanbase to another town.

I wasn't saying the situations were comparable, I said that I disagreed with the formation of ICT because it signalled the demise of Inverness Thistle and Inverness Caley. The clubs may have approved but many fans of these two great old clubs didn't and were lost to football in Scotland.

Meadowbank Thistle themselves had replaced Ferranti Thistle only twenty or so years previously and had been moved from the Ferranti Thistle home. I suppose what goes around comes around in the case of Meadowbank Thistle.

For that reason, I'm not inclined to think that the Livingston/Meadowbank Thistle is on the same level as MK Dons/Wimbledon which I thought was awful, although I'm not entirely comfortable with the Meadowbank situation either.

Edited by Bogbrush1903