The story of bojan miovski, Vincent and stolen meadowbank dreams

Not wishing to hijack a Dons match thread but the thing that most pisses me off is that our, being Meadowbank fans, story was never really told. It's similar in some ways to Clydebank who had been in the top division twice in their history but are now mostly thought of in terms of the last sad years (although there may be some bitter Shire fans who remember 1964).

But since when were Scottish football fans ever listened to? That's why fanzines and now this wonderful forum exist 

And I would take any Livi fans claims about Meadowbank Thistle with a roads department silo sized pinch of salt. To quote The Vaselines "what do you know, you weren't there"

• Dons_1988 changed the title to The story of bojan miovski, Vincent and stolen meadowbank dreams

Another day of Guerin having a normal one then eh?

The one time I've ever actually met a Meadowbank fan was when I was seeing a girl a few years ago, turned out her dad was a Meadowbank fan.

Edited by ATLIS

14 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Another day of Guerin having a normal one then eh?

The one time I've ever actually met a Meadowbank fan was when I was seeing a girl a few years ago, turned out her dad was a Meadowbank fan.

Stole his team and his daughter.

Scumbag.

14 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Not wishing to hijack a Dons match thread but the thing that most pisses me off is that our, being Meadowbank fans, story was never really told. It's similar in some ways to Clydebank who had been in the top division twice in their history but are now mostly thought of in terms of the last sad years (although there may be some bitter Shire fans who remember 1964).

But since when were Scottish football fans ever listened to? That's why fanzines and now this wonderful forum exist 

And I would take any Livi fans claims about Meadowbank Thistle with a roads department silo sized pinch of salt. To quote The Vaselines "what do you know, you weren't there"

Like a few on here I'm old enough to remember Meadowbank as a fully functioning side.  Meadowbank fans though small in number always seemed to be around. as I grew up and left school. There were a few at my school, a couple when I went of to Aberdeen Uni,  and then by 1997 I found myself sitting next to a wild eyed lad  called Keith when I was back in Edinburgh doing a Postgraduate who went on about how he had been threatened with arrest for harassing Bill Hunter,  he would call him Mr Blobby and say how he would lead chants against him  during matches. He hated Livingston with a passion and I would be very surprised if there are many match attending fans from the Meadowbank days who follow Livingston.  The ones I knew ended up going to support the local clubs near where they lived and one contrarian I know ended up pledging loyalty to Stenhousemuir for some reason. A couple I am aware of ended up following Edinburgh City.

I had absolutely nothing against Meadowbank Thistle at all, their fans were always decent sorts to talk to. Meadowbank had their place in Scottish football, their own band of loyal fans and what was done to them was not good at all.  

VG's wife - Good time chatting with your online pals on the Pie and Bovril was it?

VG - Well I looked very clever by going off at length about my opinions on Livingstone Football Club

Wife - Well you definitely looked cool and normal and it was a good use of your limited free time right? 

VG - yeah everyone made fun of me and several of my posts had to be deleted by a moderator for being a bit deranged and off topic

Wife 

image.gif.f938ab291f3432de3b58d1e8e26ff507.gif

56 minutes ago, GHF-23 said:

VG - yeah everyone made fun of me and several of my posts had to be deleted by a moderator for being a bit deranged and off topic

Damn. Missed this bit.

Did he reach “heads gone” territory?

Perhaps it was his works Christmas party yesterday…

1 hour ago, GHF-23 said:

VG's wife - Good time chatting with your online pals on the Pie and Bovril was it?

VG - Well I looked very clever by going off at length about my opinions on Livingstone Football Club

Wife - Well you definitely looked cool and normal and it was a good use of your limited free time right? 

Wife 

image.gif.f938ab291f3432de3b58d1e8e26ff507.gif

The posts were deleted after a Livingston fan made an unsubstaniated accusation that I was "a vile racist".

No further comment, just setting the record straight. He does not seem to have been banned.

3 hours ago, Molotov said:

Did he reach “heads gone” territory?

Only when he's awake.

2 hours ago, velo army said:

"murdered a club" is fantastically tear-stained chat and I'm surprised it wasn't highlighted.

He's been at it for ages, "you have blood on your hands" was a personal favourite from him before I just stuck him on ignore