🟠⚫️Dundee United vs Partick Thistle🔴🟡 29th December - Friday night football

Tony Watt's agent currently compiling a YouTube highlights video for the window opening. If a big team like, I don't know, Morecambe for example come in with a bid of say, a million pounds then we should reluctantly accept.  Free Australian international "goalkeeper" just for enquiring.

I'm hoping this is just being defiant in public while bollocking them behind closed doors because if he actually believes this then it's worrying. 

I think we had one shot from Mcmillan at 80 minutes and a cross cleared from Fitzpatrick just after that. 

Screenshot_20231229_220443_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Fuctifano

My view (and I think a large amount of our fanbase’s) before the game was that we’re a good bit off United and Raith but better than the rest, indicated by the league table, and nothing in that game changed my mind of that. I’d be concerned if we fell out of that position (3/4) mind.

United should’ve had that game wrapped up in the first half, we had a spell in the second where we looked like we could get a goal back (Doolan changing to a 4-4-2 was the right call for that stage in the game IMO although risky clearly) but ultimately we deserved nothing. Second goal was poor but Muirhead being injured at the time probably contributed, third Sneddon should probably come and get that, as well as whoever was marking Watt (McMillan?) losing him.

Diack coming on ahead of Adeloye was interesting, I thought he tried his best when he came on tbh, and we could maybe have got away with starting two strikers if we had a midfield 2 capable of dealing with United, even the 3-man struggled (and that’s a DU team without Docherty in it). 

Can’t argue with that result. Didn’t turn up at all, United were all over us. We had maybe two 5 minute spells of decent play but apart from that we weren’t in the game. 

Playoffs at the very best for us. 

We definitely need some sort of CDM to help out our midfield, we were overrun in there tonight (not the only place mind). 

22 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Losing the hype with Ker McInroy - sure he has had a couple of good goals and assists but many other games like tonight he s a passenger.  Not the only one of course 

Not disagreeing with this, but whoever we seem to play in that slightly more attacking midfield role, be it McInroy, Alston or Robinson they don’t get anywhere near close enough to Graham for my liking. Possibly a consequence of their services being required deeper in the midfield due to our regular failings in there from a defensive PoV. 

58 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Losing the hype with Ker McInroy - sure he has had a couple of good goals and assists but many other games like tonight he s a passenger.  Not the only one of course 

34 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

Not disagreeing with this, but whoever we seem to play in that slightly more attacking midfield role, be it McInroy, Alston or Robinson they don’t get anywhere near close enough to Graham for my liking. Possibly a consequence of their services being required deeper in the midfield due to our regular failings in there from a defensive PoV. 

Can't disagree with either opinion. Bottom line for me is that when Alston and McInroy start together we put more pressure on the defence and lack presence. Both have skills but we give the better sides (top two) too much possession  and while they do the business against the charge, we rarely dominate and tend to win by the odd goal.

Stanway has done very well but we need someone who can help him out as well as help the #10 and #9.

Hopefully Dools can pull a rabbit out the hat in January.

Thistle miles off it tonight. Bar one Fitzpatrick chance at the end of the first half, which he probably should’ve done better with, there wasn’t really anything clear cut. Don’t think McInroy made a successful pass at all tonight, and Muirhead and Stanway were just as bad. Sneddon also needs dropped - the one thing McCall did well was dropping him and Mitchell whenever they had a dip, but that hasn’t happened at all this season. Doolan made the right call to go 4-4-2 when United hadn’t killed us off, but the risk obviously didn’t pay off.

As others have said, interesting that Diack came on over Adeloye. Given what we’ve heard from Ayr fans about his attitude, I can’t imagine he’ll have been too chuffed with that. Wouldn’t be too arsed if he ended up going back to Swindon in January and we got someone else in, since he hasn’t been particularly great whenever I’ve seen him. 

If we don’t sign a half decent Docherty-style holding midfielder in January, then I don’t think we finish in the playoffs. 

We are such an ineffective team compared to last season. That’s two games with the Arabs and we’re so far off the pace, look at our goals scored and conceded in those two games. 
Other than taking in some extra cash, the playoffs - if we get there- will be pointless. I wouldn’t be surprised if tonight’s game knocks a few hundred off our home attendances for the rest of the season.

The game last night was absolutely fuckin dire, looked like a couple of 12 year old school teams at times.

Worst game I've watched this season, how the feck that teams get paid for that shite is beyond me, all of those players???? should be paying to get a game and also contribute to their fans costs.