Lewis Ferguson

Bing.McCrosby

9 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

He doesn’t play in that position really though. Pretty much all his success this season has been playing behind the striker in a 4-2-3-1 formation rather than as one of the deeper players. I think that’s the main problem with giving him a game as if everyone’s fit McGinn and Mctominay are the two most likely candidates but seeing as they’ve been Scotlands main goal threats for the last few years I’m not sure if I can see Clarke picking him ahead of them. The last friendlies partly showed that Mctominay is not as effective in the deeper role for Scotland so I hope they don’t move him back.

Yeah completely agree but in my opinion this is why going to four at the back might be the better solution for us going forward or at least being able to change to this if the team are playing poorly with the usual formation

34 minutes ago, Butters Scotch said:

Yeah completely agree but in my opinion this is why going to four at the back might be the better solution for us going forward or at least being able to change to this if the team are playing poorly with the usual formation

are you leaving out kt or robbo?

On 08/04/2024 at 13:02, Butters Scotch said:

Ferguson being rumoured to join up with him on the bbc gossip column. 

He needs to be starting the next two friendlies

I think that is mainly the Scottish media. I have heard several 'Italian pundits/reporters' saying Motta will be going to Juve and taking Calafiori with him. Ferguson is a good player and I would like to think he could play for Juve but if we are honest is he really good enough to start for Juventus?

22 minutes ago, ahemps said:

if we are honest is he really good enough to start for Juventus?

Bologna are 1 place and 4 points behind Juventus - it's not like he'd be going from Frosinone or some relegation threatened non-entity.

2 hours ago, 2426255 said:

are you leaving out kt or robbo?

Niether, i would rather try Tierney just playing CB over all of the other options we have there, can't be any worse than what we have currently

12 minutes ago, Butters Scotch said:

Niether, i would rather try Tierney just playing CB over all of the other options we have there, can't be any worse than what we have currently

KT wouldnt be maurading up the left wing then? 

Just now, Butters Scotch said:

Oh no that's game up the poley then 

You've not thought this through have you? You have to give something up to get your nephew in the team.

2 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

You've not thought this through have you? You have to give something up to get your nephew in the team.

I have actually and  provided a few ideas to try out in the upcoming friendlies.

You seem to have an issue with people that don't agree with your opinion. If anyone that has not thought anything through then it is you my friend.

2 hours ago, ahemps said:

I think that is mainly the Scottish media. I have heard several 'Italian pundits/reporters' saying Motta will be going to Juve and taking Calafiori with him. Ferguson is a good player and I would like to think he could play for Juve but if we are honest is he really good enough to start for Juventus?

I don't think Juve are the same force as they once was and Italian teams tend to not have the money to go out and buy superstars. If you watch Bologna enough then you will see how exciting they are as a team and how Ferguson is such a key cog to the way they attack and defend so I think he would be solid signing for them.

(Calafiori is a very good player also may I add but definitely has a few mistakes in him!)

1 hour ago, 2426255 said:

like what? 😂

Scroll up the page(s) and see.

Think you need to open your eyes up a bit more to things regarding the NT as we have a lot more potential than we are currently showing in my book

4 hours ago, Butters Scotch said:

back-4? is that it? 

1 minute ago, 2426255 said:

back-4? is that it? 

If you're too lazy to read then I ain't gonna help you out.

Not sure why you are being deliberately obtuse but pretty sad way of living your life brother 

27 minutes ago, Butters Scotch said:

If you're too lazy to read then I ain't gonna help you out.

Not sure why you are being deliberately obtuse but pretty sad way of living your life brother 

aww haha, don't be like that bro. I looked back and couldn't find your ideas.

I think Lewis Ferguson is a good player and he seems to be doing really well, but I also think there's an exaggeration in some people's heads about the strength of Serie A, maybe based on Channel 4 in the 1980s and 90s.

I doubt Bologna are currently stronger than teams like Luton, Sheffield United or Southampton, and there's far less clamour to get players from these teams into the Scotland team.

5 minutes ago, allyo said:

I think Lewis Ferguson is a good player and he seems to be doing really well, but I also think there's an exaggeration in some people's heads about the strength of Serie A, maybe based on Channel 4 in the 1980s and 90s.

I doubt Bologna are currently stronger than teams like Luton, Sheffield United or Southampton, and there's far less clamour to get players from these teams into the Scotland team.

Whilst I’m not trying to say Serie A is up there with the premier league there’s no chance the likes of relegation fodder like Sheffield United would be challenging for the champions league spots in Italy. Never mind championship sides like Southampton.

17 minutes ago, allyo said:

I think you're underestimating the strength of the league, trying giving it a watch regularly and you'll see that Bologna are a good team. Inter were in the CL final last year also...

I think they would achieve around mid table in the premier league but it's all subjective

Maybe. I'm looking at Hickey moving from Bologna to Brentford, which he'd have seen as a step up. I acknowledge that Bologna have improved since then, but I still reckon if any English Premier team wanted Lewis Ferguson they'd be able to buy him.

1 hour ago, allyo said:

Maybe. I'm looking at Hickey moving from Bologna to Brentford, which he'd have seen as a step up. I acknowledge that Bologna have improved since then, but I still reckon if any English Premier team wanted Lewis Ferguson they'd be able to buy him.

The EPL have the best sponsorship deals of any league in the world so even their low level teams can hoover up players from all over if they wanted too