Lewis Ferguson

Bing.McCrosby

2 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

Haha, come now Sand Dancer. He's played between 40-50% of the available minutes for Scotland in the last 6 months. His time in the team has corresponded with our 'winless run'. I'm not thick enough to say the two are linked, but seems like the kind of thing you'd probably try and push forward if it was a positive stat.  

I'm going by the eye test not by stats which can be interpreted in any way you like. 

I'm not bothered either way if he starts, as I keep saying i think the team would be even better if he was starting over someone else though and had the opportunity to be playing 90 minutes over a period of time. Now it's too late but after the Euros (especially if we get pumped), i'm sure he will be one of our main players.

7 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Qualifying with two games to spare is about the most obvious definition of "comfortable" I've ever heard.

The games that got us there were not comfrtably won though were they?

1 minute ago, Butters Scotch said:

I'm not bothered either way if he starts

lol. You've been on here pushing for yer nephew to start ever since you signed up to the forum last Thursday. Does the bullshit ever end?

Just now, Butters Scotch said:

The games that got us there were not comfrtably won though were they?

So to qualify comfortably you have to win every game by a decent margin?

Even Portugal didn’t then. 

16 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Come on man, we are talking about Scotland here and we had qualified before we even had to play Norway at home (which was one of our draws) and the only game we lost was away to Spain. If you want to specify that we need to win every game for it to be a comfortable qualifying campaign then we'll leave it there.

You don't have to pretend we are a quality team, we are. The fact you have some elevated perception of what Scotland should be doing doesn't change that. 

I don't think we are a quality team just yet, got a long way to go. 

Performances didn't prove we qualified comfortably though, it's like saying Dundee United are gonna win the championship comfortably considering our GD and points tally but if you go to the games then it is a completely different story. 

Previous Scotland campaigns have been littered with decent performances where we have lost games. This one, there has been times where we have been poor but have come out with results. 

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

So to qualify comfortably you have to win every game by a decent margin?

Even Portugal didn’t then. 

It was one example but they were plenty of other teams who always looked like they were gonna qualify.

With us, i was never sure until towards the end of the campaign

1 minute ago, Butters Scotch said:

I don't think we are a quality team just yet, got a long way to go. 

Performances didn't prove we qualified comfortably though, it's like saying Dundee United are gonna win the championship comfortably considering our GD and points tally but if you go to the games then it is a completely different story. 

Previous Scotland campaigns have been littered with decent performances where we have lost games. This one, there has been times where we have been poor but have come out with results. 

I never said the games were comfortable. The results from the games meant that we qualified comfortably, that comfort being the two games to spare. 

3 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

lol. You've been on here pushing for yer nephew to start ever since you signed up to the forum last Thursday. Does the bullshit ever end?

There is more to life than football, I couldn't really care either way but I'm happy to push my opinion regarding LF who i think would enhance the team. Surely thats what the forum is about so no need to get all hostile which some people are like for whatever strange reason

Just now, Butters Scotch said:

There is more to life than football, I couldn't really care either way but I'm happy to push my opinion regarding LF who i think would enhance the team. Surely thats what the forum is about so no need to get all hostile which some people are like for whatever strange reason

Mate you're talking utter shite. You said he hasn't had enough minutes to integrate into the team, but for the last 3 camps (Mar-24. Nov-23 and Oct-23) he has played around 40-50% of the minutes available. You say you're not bothered, but have posted 25 times on the subject in the last few days. Your bullshitting us, come on now. It's us with the problem, aye that must be it.

8 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I never said the games were comfortable. The results from the games meant that we qualified comfortably, that comfort being the two games to spare. 

That's fair enough.

i'm coming from the POV of the games we played, we have rode our luck at times where things haven't been comfortable

2 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

Mate you're talking utter shite. You said he hasn't had enough minutes to integrate into the team, but for the last 3 camps (Mar-24. Nov-23 and Oct-23) he has played around 40-50% of the minutes available. You say you're not bothered, but have posted 25 times on the subject in the last few days. Your bullshitting us, come on now. It's us with the problem, aye that must be it.

I'm posting across a range of football forums about various topics as i love discussing anything football related.

I'm stuck in hospital at the minute hence why i'm posting a lot to kill time so trust me, I've got better things to do in life about who is starting for Scotland.

I would like him to be given a proper run in the team, not just play for a bit here and there off the bench mainly, at least we can see how good he is for the team

28 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

Us? Do you post on behalf of a consortium

3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Oh good Bings showed up with the "you don't speak for everyone patter". Close the thread.

Its childish playground stuff, "we think this". Shows lack of confidence in yourself.

Anyway thought I was on ignore for the 5th time.

53 minutes ago, Bing.McCrosby said:

Us? Do you post on behalf of a consortium

The post was directed at some forum users. So I responded for the group that are "getting all hostile". So that consortium would not be including you if that's what you're worried about champ.

1 hour ago, Butters Scotch said:

Surely thats what the forum is about so no need to get all hostile which some people are like for whatever strange reason