Lewis Ferguson

Bing.McCrosby

Bologna are ahead of teams with Osimhen, Kvaratskhelia, Lukaku, Dybala and Immobile in their squads, but aye, i’m sure they’re no match for a side who have conceded more than 80 goals this season and who’s star player appears to be Oli McBurnie.

2 hours ago, allyo said:

I think Lewis Ferguson is a good player and he seems to be doing really well, but I also think there's an exaggeration in some people's heads about the strength of Serie A, maybe based on Channel 4 in the 1980s and 90s.

I doubt Bologna are currently stronger than teams like Luton, Sheffield United or Southampton, and there's far less clamour to get players from these teams into the Scotland team.

A fucking insane post. 

29 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

A fucking insane post. 

I'm exaggerating maybe. But Serie A isn't what it used to be, and I don't think performing well in it should necessarily get you straight in to the Scotland team, certainly not considering the other players we have in midfield.

I'm not dismissing Ferguson. I think he's knocking on the door. 

I do maintain that if any English Premier team really wanted him this summer, they could get him.

3 minutes ago, allyo said:

I'm exaggerating maybe. But Serie A isn't what it used to be, and I don't think performing well in it should necessarily get you straight in to the Scotland team, certainly not considering the other players we have in midfield.

I'm not dismissing Ferguson. I think he's knocking on the door. 

I do maintain that if any English Premier team really wanted him this summer, they could get him.

No one is saying it automatically gets you into the scottish team if you play in Serie A though, you've just made this up.

I'm saying anyway that he deserves to be playing on merit of how well he and his team are performing in a very good league.

Regarding signing for an EPL team, what relevance does that even matter? Players will join lesser clubs in the EPL due to the wages on offer and  Italian clubs being unable to turn down huge sums of money for one of their players. English clubs are awash with cash through sponsorship deals, doesn't mean they can perform any higher than italian teams though

It didnt make anything up. Im just saying that i think playing in Serie A might be given more credence than it's due, and it might be influencing some people to favour Lewis Ferguson over other players.

If people think he should be playing for Scotland then I completely respect that.

The relevance of the money in England is that if these clubs think a player is good enough and affordable they will look to sign them. I haven't heard of any interest in Lewis Ferguson, which makes me think that (rightly or wrongly) these clubs don't rate him highly enough.

But listen,  I'm speculating. If I'm wrong that's fine.

In all european competitions last season, there were five Italian teams reaching the semi final stage (2 in Champions League, 2 in Europa League  and 1 in Conference). It might not be as good as the 90s, but it’s a high enough standard. Also, this season, Bologna are ahead of two of those five and catching up with a third. Last point: Brighton have one of our first choice midfielders and they just got hammered by Roma, again sitting below Bologna in Serie A. 

There’s more than a fair shout that Ferguson deserves to start, but it just happens that both McTominay and McGinn have been the two talismans for Scotland over the past two campaigns on top of them playing at top clubs domestically. It’s a bugger for him but it is what it is.

4 hours ago, allyo said:

Im just saying that i think playing in Serie A might be given more credence than it's due, and it might be influencing some people to favour Lewis Ferguson over other players.

Maybe, but I also think you’re going too far the other way. 

Why is there a clamor for Ferguson to be starting more? He's been getting improved time on the pitch. If you look at his game time it's gone up for Scotland in the last 6 months to just under 50% of the minutes available. Does it matter if he's starting or coming on?

Spoiler

image.png.338bc5ec77789383826145238ffcc5ba.png

The whole discussion's been done to death. We know why he isn't playing more and there isn't an obvious solution to get him into the team. What you have to trade to get him into the team isn't worth it. Has he shown anything with that extra game-time to make anyone think he's better than what we already have?  

12 hours ago, Butters Scotch said:

Scroll up the page(s) and see.

Think you need to open your eyes up a bit more to things regarding the NT as we have a lot more potential than we are currently showing in my book

You think Scotland should be showing more potential than comfortably qualifying from a group containing Spain (utterly hounding them at home) and the best striker in the world, whilst also being in the top Nations League section?

Other than the World Cup qualifying last time out we are absolutely smashing it right now. 

8 hours ago, allyo said:

It didnt make anything up. Im just saying that i think playing in Serie A might be given more credence than it's due, and it might be influencing some people to favour Lewis Ferguson over other players.

If people think he should be playing for Scotland then I completely respect that.

The relevance of the money in England is that if these clubs think a player is good enough and affordable they will look to sign them. I haven't heard of any interest in Lewis Ferguson, which makes me think that (rightly or wrongly) these clubs don't rate him highly enough.

But listen,  I'm speculating. If I'm wrong that's fine.

He's not been in Italy long and even if Bologna get CL then there is a good chance he will want to stay there for another year at least then move onto something bigger. There has been speculation linking him to the EPL already, you can google this to check but who knows if there is any truth in it but i'm sure we'll know more this summer.

2 hours ago, 2426255 said:

Why is there a clamor for Ferguson to be starting more? He's been getting improved time on the pitch. If you look at his game time it's gone up for Scotland in the last 6 months to just under 50% of the minutes available. Does it matter if he's starting or coming on?

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.338bc5ec77789383826145238ffcc5ba.png

The whole discussion's been done to death. We know why he isn't playing more and there isn't an obvious solution to get him into the team. What you have to trade to get him into the team isn't worth it. Has he shown anything with that extra game-time to make anyone think he's better than what we already have?  

This is your opinion, nothing more, nothing less and you're entitled to it. Just accept that others have their own opinions and move on

39 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

You think Scotland should be showing more potential than comfortably qualifying from a group containing Spain (utterly hounding them at home) and the best striker in the world, whilst also being in the top Nations League section?

Other than the World Cup qualifying last time out we are absolutely smashing it right now. 

Think you are exageratting just a tad here.

We didn't comfortably qualiffy.

Spain are not the team they once were and we didn't utterly hound them at home. Despite us playing well, there were plenty of chances that they didn't take also.

Our Nations league campaign contained teams that are on our level

We are doing very well but there is scope there to improve with the squad we have

24 minutes ago, Butters Scotch said:

This is your opinion, nothing more, nothing less and you're entitled to it. Just accept that others have their own opinions and move on

Why are you so desperate for me to move on Sand Dancer? 🤔😂

I understand you think what you have to trade to get Ferguson in the team is worth it and that you think he is better than what we already have in midfield. I just don't understand your basis for that. Show me your working mate, what's going on in that head of yours?

Ferguson played the deeper midfield role against The Netherlands when he replaced Gilmour and he played behind the striker against Northern Ireland when Robertson came off and we went to a back-4. So we've seen both recently, did he grab his opportunity with two hands or just not do himself any harm?

badonde.jpg.c05bf486a0438297b995ed0e02d6b199.jpg

Edited by 2426255

Just now, Butters Scotch said:

Think you are exageratting just a tad here.

We didn't comfortably qualiffy.

Spain are not the team they once were and we didn't utterly hound them at home. Despite us playing well, there were plenty of chances that they didn't take also.

Our Nations league campaign contained teams that are on our level

We are doing very well but there is scope there to improve with the squad we have

I must have imagined us qualifying with games to spare. How fucking comfortable do you want it to be? :lol:

There is scope to improve and I believe we will. But to say we are currently underachieving is mental. 

7 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I must have imagined us qualifying with games to spare. How fucking comfortable do you want it to be? :lol:

There is scope to improve and I believe we will. But to say we are currently underachieving is mental. 

Think there is some miscommunication going on here, you're meaning of comfortable is different to mine.

No team in our QF group qualified comfortably, we drew two and lost one game out of eight. A team like Portgual qualified comfortably in my eyes.

We did amazing to qualify but i'm not gonna pretend that we are now a quality team. I think there is room there to progress the team forward considering the group of players we have available now

15 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

Why are you so desperate for me to move on Sand Dancer? 🤔😂

I understand you think what you have to trade to get Ferguson in the team is worth it and that you think he is better than what we already have in midfield. I just don't understand your basis for that. Show me your working mate, what's going on in that head of yours?

Ferguson played the deeper midfield role against The Netherlands when he replaced Gilmour and he played behind the striker against Northern Ireland when Robertson came off and we went to a back-4. So we've seen both recently, did he grab his opportunity with two hands or just not do himself any harm?

badonde.jpg.c05bf486a0438297b995ed0e02d6b199.jpg

You have some weird obsession regarding this sand dancer dude, it's getting rather tedious now in truth and is derailing things.

We keep having this repetetive discussion regarding Ferguson now, it's very boring. He barely has had any gametime to intregate himself into the team and he has played very well when he has had minutes. He almost grabbed a goal against NI following once if his trademark runs he's been doing all season and would think he would benefit the team more than others we currently have in. You don't have to agree.

2 minutes ago, Butters Scotch said:

Think there is some miscommunication going on here, you're meaning of comfortable is different to mine.

No team in our QF group qualified comfortably, we drew two and lost one game out of eight. A team like Portgual qualified comfortably in my eyes.

We did amazing to qualify but i'm not gonna pretend that we are now a quality team. I think there is room there to progress the team forward considering the group of players we have available now

Come on man, we are talking about Scotland here and we had qualified before we even had to play Norway at home (which was one of our draws) and the only game we lost was away to Spain. If you want to specify that we need to win every game for it to be a comfortable qualifying campaign then we'll leave it there.

You don't have to pretend we are a quality team, we are. The fact you have some elevated perception of what Scotland should be doing doesn't change that. 

16 minutes ago, Butters Scotch said:

He barely has had any gametime to intregate himself into the team 

Haha, come now Sand Dancer. He's played between 40-50% of the available minutes for Scotland in the last 6 months. His time in the team has corresponded with our 'winless run'. I'm not thick enough to say the two are linked, but seems like the kind of thing you'd probably try and push forward if it was a positive stat.  

Stop trying to bullshit us mate and let's see that working of yours. 😂 

Edited by 2426255