🔴🟡Thistle vs Queens Park⚫️⚪️ - Tuesday 2nd Janaury 2024

New year, same problems.

Sneddon is just not good enough, every game he finds new ways to do dumb shit, his kicking is infuriating with the amount of times he just punts it to the opposition keeper and wtf was that wall on the 2nd goal..?

There is still a gaping chasm in the middle of the team, which is why most games end like a basketball match with the amount of runs into our box.

Neilson and Fitzpatrick were outstanding today but I worry a lot of our players will be run into the ground with lack of depth/rotation.

Should have been out of sight in first half after a nervy start and Sneds howler.Can't really fault anyone  today after the last few performances.MoTM for me wee Stevie.... again almost back to his unplayable best .

Big Brian had another fallow game which means he's due to score again soon going by previous cycles but would like to see an out and out poacher coming in during Jan window.Failing that give Adeloye or Diack more play time .

As for Queens they huffed and puffed but look like a haunted team....fair play to their 180 odd fans for staying to the bitter end .

2 minutes ago, cilitbang said:

New year, same problems.

Sneddon is just not good enough, every game he finds new ways to do dumb shit, his kicking is infuriating with the amount of times he just punts it to the opposition keeper and wtf was that wall on the 2nd goal..?

Neilson and Fitzpatrick were outstanding today but I worry a lot of our players will be run into the ground with lack of depth/rotation.

All of this. And what's worse is that the defence clearly have lost confidence in Sneddon as well. Although I agree with the posts calling for an upgrade on Muirhead. He played us into trouble and then dives into a stupid tackle at the free kick for second goal. He's always been too rash but that was unforgivable today. 

A better performance from Queen's Park. If we could just defend corners! Paton's first goal was due to his hard work and the second pure skill. Thomson again put in a great performance. Mauchin did well at times and got some crosses in and showed some pace. Defending corners a priority along with some help for Paton

1 minute ago, Southsideforever said:

A better performance from Queen's Park. If we could just defend corners! Paton's first goal was due to his hard work and the second pure skill. Thomson again put in a great performance. Mauchin did well at times and got some crosses in and showed some pace. Defending corners a priority along with some help for Paton

If that’s better, then god fucking help you lads. 

6 minutes ago, Southsideforever said:

Car crash, gutless defending once again. Not better in the slightest for me, it’s the same old errors. If we could just defend corners, stop watching the opposition pass the ball and dribble at ease, stop taking a million years to shoot, stop playing children against experienced pros and stop continuing to have a caretaker, who was part of a shambolic coaching staff under Veldman guiding the team then we might muster 9th place 

16 minutes ago, Southsideforever said:

Sorry must have been watching a different game …we were never at any time going to win that game . Hopefully hear from whoever is running Queens Park as to what we are doing next to make a difference. Do I think we will hear anything….No . 

8 minutes ago, QP MAD said:

Sorry must have been watching a different game …we were never at any time going to win that game . Hopefully hear from whoever is running Queens Park as to what we are doing next to make a difference. Do I think we will hear anything….No . 

Who runs and backs QP these days ? .Is Wullie Haughey and his biscuit tin still in the wings ?

2 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

is Milne the only other one on the books now ?

Not sure mate. Apparently an injury for DM today.

32 minutes ago, Southsideforever said:

You look utterly doomed, to relegation.

I had to take a phone call just as the second half started, so turned down the audio feed.   I'll to watch the full match reply, because I can't follow how this ended up 3-2.

11 minutes ago, BigMadMental said:

This was doing the rounds a fair bit today 

apparently Mitchell won’t be playing for the club again. 

If true, then it’s not a massive loss in and of itself, but does mean we desperately need someone - anyone - to come in and replace Sneddon. 

Even though we've taken 7/9 points and knocked them out of the cup, playing QP this season is annoying as every time I hear the name Jack Spong I can't get Thong Song by Sisqo out of my head. 

QP fans will be raging at the soft goals from corners but I was glad to see us try a couple of different set pieces with designed dummies etc 

As most have said, made that very hard for ourselves and should have been far more comfortable but good to be back to winning ways after a tricky few games. 

1 hour ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

If that’s better, then god fucking help you lads. 

Sad thing is it genuinely was better, probably the best we've played since the first 80mins in the 3-2 home defeat to Raith. 

Came away from Firhill today not angry, just disappointed. A change in formation/system to 5-3-2 seemed to work and we had a couple of chances early on. But we continue to find new ways to shoot ourselves in the foot. Three back post crosses = three goals. Didn't help that Ferrie, having been excellent for a couple of months, was back to his erratic best today.

Another poster mentioned the Neilson tackle/booking, from my position at the other end of the stadium it looked like a perfectly clean last man tackle, so to have the foul given but then only a yellow card baffled me, surely it's either nothing or a red? 

Despite the scoreline I thought Bannon and Thomson had great games. Bruce probably had his best performance of the season, and Mauchin I thought did well in the second half actually trying to get forward. A double for Paton but he should have had a third when he decided he had 10 minutes to hit a 1v1 against Mitchell. 

Struggling to see where our next win comes from. A manager announcement needed ASAP and players following him in almost immediately afterwards.

4 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

is Milne the only other one on the books now ?

If Mitchell is finished at Firhill, then yes.

If Mitchell has indeed fallen out of favour (whether through his idiot agent or not) that’s disappointing. He’s not great, but I do think he’s slightly more reliable than Sneddon. He doesn’t make as many “wow” saves, but he also doesn’t chuck in as many pathetic nonsense goals as Sneddon does (eg. today’s).

Either way, can we please, please have a new keeper in the summer. I’m sick of this clowncar alternation routine.

Edited by Nightmare