🔴🟡Thistle vs Queens Park⚫️⚪️ - Tuesday 2nd Janaury 2024

20 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

If Mitchell is finished at Firhill, then yes.

If Mitchell has indeed fallen out of favour (whether through his idiot agent or not) that’s disappointing. He’s not great, but I do think he’s slightly more reliable than Sneddon. He doesn’t make as many “wow” saves, but he also doesn’t chuck in as many pathetic nonsense goals as Sneddon does (eg. today’s).

Either way, can we please, please have a new keeper in the summer. I’m sick of this clowncar alternation routine.

Agree with what your saying but I fear Sneddon will undeservedly get a new deal come the end of the season 

2 minutes ago, Uncle Psychosis said:

What's the story with Mitchell's agent? 

I've obviously missed something at somepoint. 

It’s that Ark Sports tosser who was behind the PTFC Trust original takeover. He also represents Dowds and had a wee outburst about never wanting to deal with Doolan again. 

7 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

It’s that Ark Sports tosser who was behind the PTFC Trust original takeover. He also represents Dowds and had a wee outburst about never wanting to deal with Doolan again. 

Jeezo. If Mitchell or his agent has said he's downed tools then I hope he's out the club pronto with a minimal payoff this month. What a nonsense of a situation. 

1 minute ago, VictorOnopko said:

Jeezo. If Mitchell or his agent has said he's downed tools then I hope he's out the club pronto with a minimal payoff this month. What a nonsense of a situation. 

Starting to wonder if that’s the point of this, to enable Mitchell to leave club and join a team where is isn’t 2nd choice. 

Appreciate Mitchell got injured at a certain point but was always a bit miffed as to why Sneddon basically was given the jersey despite being on the bench for the full playoffs and also rumoured to have been leaving the club in Summer.

6 minutes ago, VictorOnopko said:

Genuinely curious as to where it has been said that Mitchell has downed tools.  

Tam Cerny is only 38 and still in Scotland. I'm only half joking when I say I'd rather have him coaxed out of retirement and in goals for us than Sneddon or Mitchell. If he throws any in he can just have a word with the ref and get the goal chalked off. 

3 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Genuinely curious as to where it has been said that Mitchell has downed tools.  

Several people mentioned today that there has been some sort of dispute and he and/or his agent have expressed he won’t play for club again, hence not been in squad the past week.

Same agent and situation with Dowds.

22 minutes ago, BigMadMental said:

Several people mentioned today that there has been some sort of dispute and he and/or his agent have expressed he won’t play for club again, hence not been in squad the past week.

That Ark Sports lunatic isn’t fit to be a football agent.

Hopefully Milne can replace him with someone who isn’t a weird, angry little man.

29 minutes ago, BigMadMental said:

Thanks for the info

33 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

That Ark Sports lunatic isn’t fit to be a football agent.

Hopefully Milne can replace him with someone who isn’t a weird, angry little man.

Ironically him being a Thistle fan and allegedly refusing to do business with the team he supports probably makes him ideal to be a football agent. 

Other thoughts from today :

McInroy looked pretty decent wide right compared to when he was on the left wing when Fitzpatrick was injured as he doesn't have pace to go outside players but he's not going to displace Lawless on the right

Robinson totally ineffective once again, he might need a run of games but barring injuries he's not going to get one due to our squad imbalance 

Neilson was excellent, he does lack pace and hasn't been up to it vs Dundee Utd and Raith but he can stroll through games like today 

We obviously won't, but I think there's a case for dropping Graham on Saturday, been poor for a while now and he wont need much to get fired up for Morton the following week. 

11 hours ago, Red Kite said:

Made up to see Lewis Neilson get his goal.  I love to see a centre-half wearing the number 6 shirt.  The lad is doing a good job, for a twenty year old.

Four of our the QP back five were 20, 19, 19 and 18 years old. Most of the midfield was 21 years old.

So twenty year old you say? That would  make him a grizzled veteran in the QP side 😂.

Edited by Stuntiethumper

On 31/12/2023 at 13:40, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Your new-blood enthusiasm is admirable and your lack of baggage is enviable. Since we went pro, October 19, we had 3 seasons (and the bit of the one that got cancelled) where the on-field excitement was masking the catalogue of disasters that were happening off-field. What’s happening  right now is that the full extent of those disasters are becoming more exposed to a wider group of fans, and in the same time the one relief we have enjoyed has fallen off a cliff.

But the true story is that other people of the same culture, as the people who have been found to be woefully negligent towards our beloved club now, were also around 23 years ago and almost put us out of business. Decisions made then made us the SFA’s gimps for two decades concluding with a pitiful and hopeless attempt at what should have been a very lucrative sale of Hampden. For 20 years, various committees failed to plan for the time when our time would be up. Consequently, we have now swapped the SFA for another predator who has without any resistance shifted all his pieces on the board to make sure we are stuck on those two squares in the corner. And our current leaders just sat back and let it happen.

The misfiring of the current squad is almost negligible. The light you see at the end of the tunnel is actually an inter-city express train heading towards us.

Just listened to the latest episode of the excellent Spiders Talk podcast.

If it's anything like the one in the Arnold Schwarzenegger movie I'm pretty sure I could hear the 'predator' you mentioned in the background most of the way through it!😂