πŸ§‘πŸ–€πŸ§‘ Shed v Cowshed πŸ’™πŸ€πŸ’™

2 minutes ago, Scosha said:

Dundee Utd have also had a red card in both games against us this season. Animals.Β 

If that’s an example of Goodwins football knowledge it’s shocking. An animal when he played, and a diddy as a manager.

We are a physical team in terms of stamina and getting stuck in and we do have an aggressive high press and we also do get the ball up early to the striker to bring others in to play and I love that about us so I have no problem if a manager says it and uses it as a positive which I felt Goodwin did post match (at least on the BBC, his tone may change on in house channels)Β 

Too often from him and other managers in this league it's been said in a negative and patronising way that we are a team of hammer throwers that can't pass the ball to each other and just go around kicking opponents which just blatantly isn't true.Β 

I thought he pointed out our strengths tonight and praised us for beating them because of it.Β 

8 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Physical is fair enough. I dont see that as negative. Morton had their way with our back line.

I want to like Ross Graham and don't like he is the go to for boo boys but he was dominated today.Β 

Β 

It’s the norm to see Oakley bully defences it’s what he does best uses his physicality bringing other players in to play, but he’s added goals to his game today scoring a hatrick, brilliant from the big man

Gorgeous George is up. Alway impressed by how humble the man is, and how he regards his contributions as nothing more than him being a cog in the bigger wheel. A fantastic asset to the club;

Β 

Edited by Chippyminton

Thank you Morton for keeping us still at the top for another week. Impressive scoring three times in one game against a team that's at home and only conceded seven league goals before today.πŸ‘ Just remember to do the same when they play you in their game in hand later in the season.🀞

35 minutes ago, port-ton said:

We are a physical team in terms of stamina and getting stuck in and we do have an aggressive high press and we also do get the ball up early to the striker to bring others in to play and I love that about us so I have no problem if a manager says it and uses it as a positive which I felt Goodwin did post match (at least on the BBC, his tone may change on in house channels)Β 

Too often from him and other managers in this league it's been said in a negative and patronising way that we are a team of hammer throwers that can't pass the ball to each other and just go around kicking opponents which just blatantly isn't true.Β 

I thought he pointed out our strengths tonight and praised us for beating them because of it.Β 

That’s the way I heard it. We’ve heard a lot of managers say it as a negative, but Goodwin praised it as a positive. He also praised Dougie Imrie and admitted his centre backs couldn’t handle Big George. Straight after a defeat at home I’d say that’s pretty honest and sporting!

Happy birthday to me.

Β 

Fantastic result.

Β 

Edit: already several beers deep and have had 2 bottles of Buckie bought, which in Leeds is a tremendous find.Β 

I might wake up in a hedge tomorrow.

Edited by MORleyTON
Buckie

4 minutes ago, MORleyTON said:

Happy birthday to me.

Β 

Fantastic result.

Β 

Edit: already several beers deep and have had 2 bottles of Buckie bought, which in Leeds is a tremendous find.Β 

I might wake up in a hedge tomorrow.

That’s okay as long as it’s not in Brechin! Enjoy your night!