Morton v. Thistle 13th January

4 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Napier has absolutely lost the plot, he's basically the assistant ref to Graham at this point.

TBF the assistant tried to give a goal kick for a blatantly obvious corner.

Agree though he’s lost it. Bizarre decisions being given both ways.

Only ourselves to blame for not burying that at 1-0 up having had enough chances to do it, especially Muirhead's sitter at the back post. Still a good point in the grand scheme of things.

No complaints about that tbh, said before kick off a point would do due to Morton’s recent form. Great to see Diack get on the scoresheet once again. Still feel Doolan got his midfield trio wrong though. 

Edited by JagsCG

Doolan got his subs bang on today which was pleasing. Quite an entertaining game thanks to the ref getting totally card happy. Should have been a penalty but Bannigan should have been sent off so swings and roundabouts. 

Probably should have won that one, but on a day where you have a mentalist refereeing the game content to take a point and move on.

I thought Doolan’s subs were the difference though, Lawless and Graham in particular were very ineffectual so I was worried about how our defence would cope with the different threat the subs might bring.

I thought we played some excellent football in the first half and probably should have been out of sight. 

The second half turned in to an absolute battle, not helped by the referee who managed to get both sets of players and fans incensed with his decisions. Usually if the match turns in to a battle it suits us but I thought it took us out of our stride and suited Partick more, and once they scored I thought they were the the team looking more likely to win although I only really remember one dangerous shot from them. 

I missed the first 20 mins due to the traffic chaos along Weir Street and surrounding areas. From the minute I got in til the half time whistle we dominated the game and could/should have been more than 1 up.

Second half Partick were better and had most of the chances, although we did have a couple ourselves with Muirhead putting one over the bar from about 4 yards out.

I've liked Blues in the wide midfield role but thought when he moved centrally we were at our poorest today.

Draw was fair.

The less said about the ref the better. Didn't look fit to referee a schoolboys game yet with a weekend of no Premier League games he gets one of the bigger games of the weekend somehow... I've no idea who he is but he can't be one of our top refs surely.

Edited by #Gary

A decent game wrecked by yet another howling refereeing performance from Napier (for both sides). It was all about him in the 2nd half. We should’ve been a couple ahead at half time but can only have ourselves to blame for not getting 3 points.