Morton v. Thistle 13th January

3 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Will Morton have a stream available in Scotland for this? I won’t be able to make it through but might be able to watch it if they do. 

If we do it probably won’t be worth buying. The quality of streaming service we offer these days is a known liability. 

4 hours ago, JagsCG said:

Surely your first ambition should be to catch 4th placed Airdrie, who you’re 2 points off with a game in hand? 

Quite a turnaround for the Ton in recent weeks, and in the spirit of the football clichés that no one likes, I expect “they’ll be right up for this”. Would probably take a draw, although another win would be great, likely to be a tight encounter like the match at Firhill. 

The bigger picture is can we catch you lot. We dont exactly need to "catch" Airdrie as such in the sense that we are right in there beside them and 4-6th places( possibly even more) will probably chop and change week to week with how tight it is. We were ahead of Airdrie 2 weeks ago for example, Dunfermline were ahead of both of us and now we are both above them.

Of course we need to overtake them but with 50 odd points available and only 2 points off them with a game in hand, it's not exactly a chase but I get your point.

For me,  I'm hoping we can collectively drag you back into it as right now you're sitting very comfortable so if Morton, Airdrie, Dunfermline etc can drag you back in, it makes 2 playoff spaces available to aim for. If you win on Sat and go 13 clear of us, catching you is almost impossible, at least for us.

Edited by madton

Dougie confirms full squad to choose from tomorrow. Good bench as well for those wanting to stake their claim if they get their chance.

Really looking forward to this one! 

9 hours ago, BigMadMental said:

Covid has battered me, hoping for a fire stick effort 

Sorry to hear mate. It got me two weeks before Xmas despite being up to date with all the jags (no pun intended). Horrible. Felt like I’d got a fat bloke sat on my chest for a week.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

My main concern is our right hand side being the weak area defensively, that Fitzpatrick might be in the mood to exploit. If we start the game like we did against Ayr, then we'll be a couple of goals down before playing our own game well. 

Not the best match-up of teams so I'd be delighted if we got a win - extending our run through the rest of the month is the main target though. 

2 hours ago, Chippyminton said:

Sorry to hear mate. It got me two weeks before Xmas despite being up to date with all the jags (no pun intended). Horrible. Felt like I’d got a fat bloke sat on my chest for a week.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

That’s actually a very accurate description 😂 All good just gutted couldn’t make the game, 100% season record broken 😩

A draw would be absolutely fine with the run we're on here, but the postponement in Dunfermline means we know we go fourth with a win. Even if we don't manage that, wild to be in this position after where we were five weeks ago.

I get that we won comfortably last week and don’t change a winning team etc. but Alston really shouldn’t be starting in a game like this when Stanway is fit imo. Seen a few people say Muirhead has been playing with an injury, so expected O’Reilly to come immediately in for him, surprised and a bit disappointed he’s only on the bench. 

Missed the first 15 minutes due to Warren Hawke's tremendous legacy of those fucking turnstiles, but of what I've seen we've been excellent. In total control of the game and the only criticism is not taking enough of our chances. With those attacking options you know Partick are going to open us up at some point so we really need to kill this off before they inevitably have a spell of pressure.