Morton v. Thistle 13th January

2 hours ago, mcginns said:

There's no doubting Morton are a Dougie Imrie team...time wasting, falling over, moaning at the ref...it's like watching Billy Reid's Hamilton side with different coloured hoops.

This is some laugh. Brian Graham was practically man marking the referee and Bannigan was following him about being his back ups. I don't think I saw any time wasting from either team during the game and when Morton players fell over it was usually because they'd been blootered up in the air. 

Undoubtedly a game ruined by a referee.

12 minutes ago, Janne Lindberg's Laces said:

This is some laugh. Brian Graham was practically man marking the referee and Bannigan was following him about being his back ups. I don't think I saw any time wasting from either team during the game and when Morton players fell over it was usually because they'd been blootered up in the air. 

Undoubtedly a game ruined by a referee.

He’s a St Mirren fan, so I doubt he was even at the game and is only in here looking for bites - which you’ve given him.

2 hours ago, Hammer Jag said:

I really enjoyed that today. Good crowd, decent atmosphere, two sets of fans who hate each other, players who hate each other and a refereeing performance as bad as you’ll see at any level of football.

All in all, a decent days cinching.

GgeCZHYrUd2Q.gif.c60ec5271492fe6709640b523beb8b25.gif

14 hours ago, Mr.Blue said:

Well that was entertaining. Thought we were the better team 1st half and played some good football. I thought we were lucky not to concede a penalty when broadfoot handled the ball in the first half. Partick's keeper kept them in the game with some great saves. Unsure if our disallowed goal was rightly chopped off or not but the linesman put his flag uo very quickly. 

Second half Partick started stronger although we came back into it. Bannigan very lucky not to see red and how Muirhead missed that sitter ill never know. Partick goal was well worked and then they hit the post soon after. Unsure about their penalty claim as I never saw it.

Referee was absolutely stinking throughout for both teams. These games are well known to have a bit of needle and needs a referee who is going to take control and be consistent. He done neither leading to players from both teams trying influence decisions.  Thought the boy Stanway should have been sent off for his foul on Quitongo and what the f**k happened to lead to quitongo lying on the ground and Muirhead in top of him at a corner🤣

Just realised that was Broadfoot Broadfoot and not Jai. 

Thought that an entertaining game was visible in the gaps between the Craig Napier show. One particularly baffling passage of play was him making us retake a goal kick so he could book someone on Partick's backroom staff. He was obviously atrocious for both teams but on the big decisions I think we've come off worse. We were well on top when having a goal disallowed, two penalty shouts turned down (one stonewaller, one impossible to see) and a clear second yellow for Bannigan overlooked. There was also the probable red card for the late "tackle" on Jai, which would probably have come too late to really influence the game. Partick had a claim of their own during their late resurgence which Adeloye in particular looked convinced was a pen. It began so far off the ball I couldn't see what had caused the two players to come tumbling in at the back post. However, if Napier had given even one of the above decisions our way we could've been out of sight before then. 

Most of all I was pleased with how quiet we kept Fitzpatrick and Lawless, and disappointed not to take all three points. Sneddon had some fantastic saves, Strapp and Muirhead missed an absolute sitter each in the same passage of play, and Power and Broadfoot should've done much better for Partick's goal, which was well worked and taken. We lost the midfield when Wilson went off, but I was impressed once again with Doolan's in game changes. That's the second game against us where Partick have improved and scored a late goal after replacing Graham with Adeloye, and Diack looked impressive while clearly enjoying himself and giving some verbals to the cowshed - something Partick fans will enjoy I'm sure. The point isn't a disaster for either side. 

Watched the highlights - it doesn’t have the Bannigan incident, Robbie Crawford takes a dive (I’m assuming that’s one of the penalties referred to above?), Stanway was definitely fouled in the box and I don’t understand how Napier missed it. It also definitely hit Broadfoots hand in the box in the first half, but it’s not one that I think should be a penalty. 

3 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Watched the highlights - it doesn’t have the Bannigan incident, Robbie Crawford takes a dive (I’m assuming that’s one of the penalties referred to above?), Stanway was definitely fouled in the box and I don’t understand how Napier missed it. It also definitely hit Broadfoots hand in the box in the first half, but it’s not one that I think should be a penalty. 

I was in line with broadfoots handball in the first half and I thought was a penalty. 

Just watched one of those blogs that was filmed in the away end. Our goal is a header by Robbie that probably wasn't going to beat the keeper but was deflected in. The disallowed goal was just offside.

Ref's really make a rod for their own back by refusing to book players early and generally having a very high bar for red cards or 2nd yellows. 

By the end he was throwing yellow cards about like confetti yet I think someone could have been put in hospital and the assailant not seen red. 

That aside, enjoyed the game and atmosphere. I do think a draw was fair. Despite Morton probably having the balance of play & chances,  & could / should have been 2-0 up, Thistle were denied a clear penalty in the 1st half and had plenty of other chances with Broadfoot letting multiple through balls bounce and turn into a 50 / 50. 

Interesting that Thistle interview with Scott Robinson on twitter, suggests that our disallowed goal at 0-0 was onside. 
Frustrating as the linesman gave it straight away and was in no doubt. 

Just now, Piehutt said:

Interesting that Thistle interview with Scott Robinson on twitter, suggests that our disallowed goal at 0-0 was onside. 
Frustrating as the linesman gave it straight away and was in no doubt. 

Having seen footage from the WDE, it was marginally offside.

2 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I don't know what is a handball any more but the Broadfoot one is of the type you see given quite a lot where the arm is away from the body. 

I don't think the Stanway one is as clear cut from the camera angle we have as most people seem to think, the reaction of Robinson and Adeloye suggests it was a foul though.

The Crawford dive was hilariously bad, probably escaped a yellow on artistic merit. Morton disallowed goal looks just offside but again from a 45 degree camera angle its hard to tell anything other than positions of feet.