Morton v. Thistle 13th January

The Stanway penalty decision seemed a stonewaller to me, and seen plenty been given akin to Broadfoot’s handball. So we’ve definitely been hard done by at least once there (as others have said that’s in tone with Napier’s performance for both sides). That said, we definitely didn’t deserve to win yesterday. Morton were well on top in the first half and probably aggrieved they didn’t add to their lead, we were probably better in the second. Back to the ref, Bannigan was lucky not to get a second yellow and Stanway arguably could’ve seen red late on too - although that was perhaps one bit of consistency from Napier as he didn’t send off Wilson for his similar style tackle on Alston earlier on. 

Edited by JagsCG

1 hour ago, JagsCG said:

The Stanway penalty decision seemed a stonewaller to me, and seen plenty been given akin to Broadfoot’s handball. So we’ve definitely been hard done by at least once there (as others have said that’s in tone with Napier’s performance for both sides). That said, we definitely didn’t deserve to win yesterday. Morton were well on top in the first half and probably aggrieved they didn’t add to their lead, we were probably better in the second. Back to the ref, Bannigan was lucky not to get a second yellow and Stanway arguably could’ve seen red late on too - although that was perhaps one bit of consistency from Napier as he didn’t send off Wilson for his similar style tackle on Alston earlier on. 

Wilsons foul was a tad late on Alston. Stanways tackle was a deliberate attempt to take quitongo out. I wouldn't have said it was a red card but having seen Oakley being sent off against QP for a similar foul I wasn't sure.

41 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

Wilsons foul was a tad late on Alston. Stanways tackle was a deliberate attempt to take quitongo out. I wouldn't have said it was a red card but having seen Oakley being sent off against QP for a similar foul I wasn't sure.

The word tad is doing a lot of heavy lifting here regarding Wilson. Looked a clear red card tackle to me from the footage. Penalty for Partick near the end was clear as day as well. 

Can't remember a game where the referee got so many big decisions wrong, and yet he still managed to make the game all about him handing out bookings like Oprah. 

1 hour ago, port-ton said:

The word tad is doing a lot of heavy lifting here regarding Wilson. Looked a clear red card tackle to me from the footage. Penalty for Partick near the end was clear as day as well. 

Can't remember a game where the referee got so many big decisions wrong, and yet he still managed to make the game all about him handing out bookings like Oprah. 

Haven't seen the highlights yet so my thoughts are based on the game yesterday.  Reserve the right to change my mind once I watch the highlights. 

2 hours ago, purplemonkeydishwasher said:

Thistle fans proving again that they’re greeting faced shites, unreal.

I have to say that Partick fans are fair-minded, tolerant and forgiving angels compared to Jim Goodwin. 

11 hours ago, purplemonkeydishwasher said:

Thistle fans proving again that they’re greeting faced shites, unreal.

"Greetin faced shites" Laddie !..."Greetin" !.

Edited by I Clavdivs

I thought it was an enjoyable match with a great atmosphere. Morton should've been 2 or three up before Partick scored. The substitutions changed the game and once Partick scored it looked as if they could even win it. Jai coming on for Wilson and Crawford moving back one seemed okay as did Garrity replacing Muirhead, but for some reason we suddenly seemed wide open down our left side, which Partick exploited several times. With VAR the score could've been 3-2 or more, with a couple of penalties and red cards. For Muirhead's miss we were right in line and the ball was actually behind him, as Strapp had lashed the ball across from inside the 6 yard box, possibly trying to score. Muirhead tried to get his foot over it to keep it down but was a bit unlucky due to the speed and position of the ball behind him. As to the crowd, if Cappielow holds 11,500, that means another 8,000 could have squeezed in. I find that hard to believe, where would they have fitted in? Or how long would it have taken to get them in with the ticketing shambles. We got our tickets from Smith's and the ground tickets were sold out before 2pm. It's a bit concerning as some people were talking about not going back till it's sorted out. 

On 13/01/2024 at 19:49, port-ton said:

Forgot to mention that the haggis, neeps and tatties pie was a particular highlight of the day. Would take that every week at cappielow. 

I never knew about them.  Hope it's not a one-off...

Edited by Alibi