Queens v Alloa

1 hour ago, Artemis said:

Queens have beaten two teams in the league at Palmerston this season - Annan and Edinburgh (U20s).
Their overall record against teams outside the bottom two is
P16 W2 D3 L11 Pts 9. So 9 points out of 48.
Edit Their home record against teams outside the bottom two is P8 W0 D2 L6 Pts 2.

Sums it up brilliantly. Not sure how we are even getting the attendance we do. For clarification he doesn’t know how to manage, he doesn’t know how to coach, he doesn’t know how to change a game, he doesn’t know anything about the transfer market, his man management skills are zero his media communication skills are questionable but the board are happy to support him.

Maybe it's just me, but I actually quite enjoyed the match today 🤷🏻‍♂️

After some of the earlier appalling games this season, I vowed not to return until something significant changed, ie a new manager or significant signings. But the Stephen Dobbie Testimonial whetted my appetite again (and don't forget; I've been going to Palmerston for 50 years, so have pretty much seen it all) and I toddled along today.  But I had absolutely no expectation, and to be honest expected us to lose.

But we didn't. Sure, we struggled up front. But I thought the effort was there. There's no getting away from the fact that many of the current team just aren't good enough, but although poor quality from a football perspective the performance was far from hopeless today. There was always some hope, which is more than I expected.

I thought that Todd, Ambrose, McIntyre, and McGuffie did well. Connelly good in patches. Poor Hutchinson tried his best, but he's a yard short of most things, made few tackles, and won almost nothing in the air; not what you need from a centre forward. That said, I thought the cheering when he was subbed was out of order - the team performance wasn't his fault, and after all he tried his best.

Anyway, it was an end-to-end game that although devoid of any real quality at least kept me interested for the 90 mins. I've seen much worse in my 50 years!

IMG_9195.jpeg

Sadly when you have a Manager who is so far off the pace and the team are performing so abysmally you have to get rid. 

If we got someone in imminently the new incumbent could at least start building for next season. Problem is, of course, that we have such a big squad that we can’t realistically recruit reinforcements unless we offload some of the dead wood.

What an unmitigated disaster.

I think both teams cancelled each other out rather than two poor teams ,but not a great game although i have seen worse , draw suits us better 

both teams going at it for the winner gave it some entertainment value , You looked a bit better than you did last time we played you  given your injury problems (we do have some ourselves ) not as bad as some of you make out  IMO ...

1 hour ago, bod said:

Buy fuke we were bad today, he's brought us to an even lower level. I'll leave it to tomorrow, to calm down before I post any more.😡

Thank god for that. 

Yes we were poor today. Too many triangles. Only the centre backs and Connolly got pass marks from me. Midfield was a disaster. 

Efe and Lee were QoS best today, Midfield non existent today, unfortunately young McIntyre at LB had a poor game, He has played well previous games av watched him.. Hutchinson up top got no service whatsoever or much support, certainly don't agree with all the cheering when he was subbed off., or the rage by some when Docherty came on for Mckecknie.. 

Really hope some of the lads up in the mainstand are fit very soon the team defenitly needs them. 

Hopefully Bartley manages to get a couple of decent signing midfield and striker in place very soon.. Canny believe we still have a chance of the play offs considering how bad we have been.... 

Said before the game I’d take a draw and to be honest neither team did enough to win it today. 

Felt we were more than comfortable in the first half and were pretty much keeping Queens within their own half, deservedly getting our opener through Bobby Goals. Disappointing to give away a relative gift of an equaliser - felt Taggs and Stevie both need to do better at the goal. 

We were really poor after halftime and being honest, offered less than nothing until a couple of chances right at the death. That opening 15-20 minutes of the 2nd half seemed like a competition to see which side could play the most aimless long ball possible…eye bleeding stuff! Queens the better team in the 2nd half and Connelly probably should have done better with a couple of opportunities. In saying that, Wales’ header right at the end was a huge chance to take all 3 points. 

Today was pretty rubbish on media production side. First I was bloody baltic early. Planned to debut some new shiny live graphics and then just beset by technical problems from before kickoff. Get home to try and find out the problem and everything works like a dream 😓 Such a shame we couldn't take all three points from that game to ease these headaches. Me when the same thing happens again next week at Motherwell = 🫠

1 hour ago, Vegetableman said:

...not as bad as some of you make out  IMO ...

A team who were supposed to be challenging at the top end of the table, currently sitting in 7th, 29 pts behind top spot with little realistic chance of even making the Top 4. Nah, I think it's as bad as we male out tbh. 

Made the effort to travel down to Palmerston for this one, and wish I hadn’t bothered. Pitiful crowd, and even more pitiful football, in a dreary contest between two dismal teams (although Alloa were certainly better than us for most of the first half).

I thought McClelland played quite well again; Efe was ok too, although his distribution was a bit uncertain at times; Stone is a decent goalkeeper, and is reasonably good with his feet, which is useful as he gets passed back to a lot; Connelly tends to have good moments (rather than good games), but that’s about it for positives. MacIntyre had a fairly poor game, sadly, but he was far from the only one.

Tbh, there’s no-one in that starting eleven that I’d be remotely bothered about losing, and the options from the bench weren’t much better (maybe Gibson apart). Bringing on Doherty to partner Hutchinson up front summed up just how threadbare our squad is - they must be one of the bluntest attacking duos we’ve ever fielded, and that’s saying something.

For a full-time team playing at such a low level, we’re just utterly useless: lightweight, easily bullied, non-existent in midfield, blunt up front. Yes, we’re missing a few of our better players - Cochrane, Brydon, Mimnaugh and Reilly, but nonetheless, Bartley’s managed to assemble one of the poorest squads I’ve seen at the club, at least since we’ve been a full-time outfit. We’re clearly not good enough to challenge for the play-offs, and if we don’t strengthen considerably in the current window, the season will just dribble away into inconsequential anti-climax, once again.

The impression I get from watching Queens these days is of a club withering on the vine - a collection of callow youths, presumably assembled on a shoestring budget, playing low quality and deeply unattractive football in a decaying stadium (at least the seat I booked for myself online wasn’t broken today, unlike at Dobbie’s testimonial), in front of ever-diminishing crowds, run by an out of touch board of directors that seem insufficiently interested to do anything to arrest the decline.

Edited by Frankie S

7 minutes ago, Frankie S said:

The impression I get from watching Queens these days is of a club withering on the vine - a collection of callow youths, presumably assembled on a shoestring budget, playing low quality and deeply unattractive football in a decaying stadium in front of ever-diminishing crowds, run by an out of touch board of directors that seem insufficiently interested to do anything to arrest the decline.

That's a really depressing read but sadly so much of it seems all too true.

1 hour ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Efe and Lee were QoS best today, Midfield non existent today, unfortunately young McIntyre at LB had a poor game, He has played well previous games av watched him.. Hutchinson up top got no service whatsoever or much support, certainly don't agree with all the cheering when he was subbed off., or the rage by some when Docherty came on for Mckecknie.. 

Really hope some of the lads up in the mainstand are fit very soon the team defenitly needs them. 

Hopefully Bartley manages to get a couple of decent signing midfield and striker in place very soon.. Canny believe we still have a chance of the play offs considering how bad we have been.... 

You try snd tell me what Bartley seen in Hutchinson to offer him a 2 year deal .

He puts the effort in but has nothing to offer .

It worries me giving Bartley another transfer window he will just bring in players to make up the numbers not really matter if they are any good .

15 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

You try snd tell me what Bartley seen in Hutchinson to offer him a 2 year deal .

It worries me giving Bartley another transfer window he will just bring in players to make up the numbers not really matter if they are any good .

Not disagreeing with your view on Bartleys signing of Hutchinson. Obviously was done by watching videos of him play & he prob wouldn't move up here on a one year deal. But give the lad a bit of slack, no need for the abuse he received today from some of the home support. 

22 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

Need some inspiring signings that’s for sure as today was dreary. 

4 minutes ago, Dougie Mills said:

If we sign anyone it’ll no doubt be more untried youngsters on a pittance!

Or that forward from Hamilton who has scored  1 goal this season who lets just say is not rated by the Hamilton support sounds like a perfect signing for Bartley