Arbroath v Ayr battle for the bottom

4 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Hats off to all the Ayr fans. Not read  single post along the lines of “Arbroath will definitely want this on as they play in *a wind tunnel/hurricane/gale/storm every week so this would give them a huge advantage”.

* delete as appropriate… or use all if from the BBC.

We're more classy than that. 

4 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I have a fear that it will go ahead, or it will be a late call off when the ref gets here. Pretty poor show when Arbroath will have to leave about 3pm that we're leaving it so long to update fans 

Yeah. Also, don’t want to get into the rights and wrongs of us choosing to not be full-time but Arbroath are a part-time team which means most of the players will have to take time off work for this. And any fans that are planning to travel down.

Edited by Tattie36

I don’t think anyone is expecting to attend tonight at all, I don’t think anyone would attend even if it was on. 
My bin is due out tonight and I’m already thinking if I could leave it till next month so I don’t have to move it out to the pavement in this weather never mind standing for two hours watching players who normally struggle to control a football on a calm day. 

6 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Yeah. Also, don’t want to get into the rights and wrongs of us choosing to not be full-time but Arbroath are a part-time team which means most of the players will have to take time off work for this. And any fans that are planning to travel down.

It will be a shambles if it goes ahead, and a shambles if it's a late call off. 

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

It will be a shambles if it goes ahead, and a shambles if it's a late call off. 

Yeah, it’s crazy that it’s not been called off yet. The forecast has been awful for a couple of days and shows no sign of changing.

Im all for giving games a chance if the forecast is rapidly changing or if the wind/rain etc is borderline but if it’s anything like the forecast then it can’t be played.

It doesn’t need a ref to make the decision, just someone with access to a tv, computer or smart phone….. oh, and a brain.

2 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

You would think the SFA would want to make a decision before Arbroath leave around 3pm , 

They could have made it 2 days ago. Forecasts might change obviously and there could be a lull during the hours of the game in Ayr but it’s not safe for travel right across Scotland. There is no sign of a lull forecast, if anything it is due to get worse 6-11. 

7 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

You would think the SFA would want to make a decision before Arbroath leave around 3pm , 

I'm afraid I know for a fact they don't work like that. They operate very much on a 'give the game every chance' basis.

4 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Yeah, it’s crazy that it’s not been called off yet. The forecast has been awful for a couple of days and shows no sign of changing.

Im all for giving games a chance if the forecast is rapidly changing or if the wind/rain etc is borderline but if it’s anything like the forecast then it can’t be played.

It doesn’t need a ref to make the decision, just someone with access to a tv, computer or smart phone….. oh, and a brain.

I know. Storm warnings and trains being off after 7, and this game still being on 🥴 we've just posted about the Hub being open and what food is on offer. Looks like a late call off if it's called off at all. Sorry to your team and fans for a potentially wasted journey 

Edited by Thereisalight..

It seems funny that when teams from Glasgow or elsewhere are playing at Arbroath and the weather is bad that the game is cancelled early in the day eg

Raith and Patrick Thistle who are full time yet Arbroath who are part time are treated with disdain, typical SPFL. 

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

A local ref could drive to Somerset right now and know it would be off without getting out his car. 

Wouldn't even need a ref! Anyone with a brain cell 😂 I mean the met office and ScotRail issued warnings on Sunday/yesterday about tonight being stinking weather